Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Using the GM ticket system to grief

    The majority of the time people actually send in tickets to GMs about players is when they want revenge or whatever regarding another player. I understand that its there to keep the game clean and everything but I'm sure more than once everyone has sworn or broken ToU in some small way. Many of you haven't been reported because most people don't care about that kind of behavior except when they can use it to suspend another player even if it means getting suspended themselves. I have no idea why you can be suspended for this. If its against ToU why does the game allow it? Shouldn't be a problem for those that don't talk like that anyways. I feel that its just another way for people to harass in game.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Packwood, WA
    Posts
    1,003
    "game experience may change during online play" describes this in a nutshell. Blizzard (nor any other company) can police every person who wants to act immature and rude. So, just like in real life, sometimes people get away with it.

  3. #3
    True and people will always get away with it unless the other party just wants to grief the other person. I don't think I personally have ever reported someone unless they have seriously gotten unruly like ignore evasion through making alts. What I'm saying is I'd like them to make reportable actions removed. Such as swearing outside of guild chat because you can't report guild chat. Also regarding ignore evading they should just have it ignore the account of the offending player. no need to suspend a player for spamming alts just because hes upset. just account ignore and he gets to keep his play time.

  4. #4
    I always ask them to ban botters with more severity, even in the surveys.

    That's all I ever tell them in my tickets, along with a list of douchebag botters.

  5. #5
    I don't see the point in taking disciplinary action against swearing, that's what the filter is for. -_-

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlershocks View Post
    I don't see the point in taking disciplinary action against swearing, that's what the filter is for. -_-
    They say that its not an excuse so I propose that they remove it if its really that much of an issue.

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Packwood, WA
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandalclysm View Post
    True and people will always get away with it unless the other party just wants to grief the other person. I don't think I personally have ever reported someone unless they have seriously gotten unruly like ignore evasion through making alts. What I'm saying is I'd like them to make reportable actions removed. Such as swearing outside of guild chat because you can't report guild chat. Also regarding ignore evading they should just have it ignore the account of the offending player. no need to suspend a player for spamming alts just because hes upset. just account ignore and he gets to keep his play time.
    I personally have no issue with cussing. Heck, I cuss all the time. There is an in game filter though for people who are offended by stuff like that. But I agree with the account wide ignore feature. I'd love to see that myself.

  8. #8
    I almost always have a ticket going, usually on both characters. It's not griefing if they've actually done something o_O

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandalclysm View Post
    They say that its not an excuse so I propose that they remove it if its really that much of an issue.
    Per se its not forbidden to swear as long as the filter can block it

    However things like fck you, y o u su ck and such is very very very much against the rules. So yeah dont be a douchë

  10. #10
    er se its not forbidden to swear as long as the filter can block it

    However things like fck you, y o u su ck and such is very very very much against the rules. So yeah dont be a douchë
    Not true. Any sort of swearing in public chat, whether it is caught by the filter or not, is against the rules.

    People really don't seem to understand Blizzard's rules, probably because Blizzard doesn't do a very good job communicating them. They're all hidden away on their site somewhere, outside of the in-client ToS. Believe me, their section on harassment is very large. Even referencing "bodily functions" is grounds for suspension. Seriously, just saying poop a few times can get you suspended, even if you only use the word as an exclamation or something.

    I have a ticket open (with multiple people in it)at all times, and I make sure to let everyone in Trade know when I report them. It's all for the lulz, of course.

    No, it is not against the ToS to tell people you have reported them, nor is it against the ToS to open up "trivial" tickets. I have had a GM personally tell me that I was doing the right thing by reporting people for language, but advised that I stop telling people that I reported them. This was not a formal warning; he just told me as "friendly advice", since an 800+ person guild was opening pointless tickets on me in revenge. The GM was getting tired of having to delete all these stupid tickets.
    Last edited by Bleachi; 2011-03-06 at 01:05 AM.

  11. #11
    If you say something like "oh f**k i screwd up my rotation" if that gets reported blizzard wont do anything it's not directed at another person and all you will get is a copy paste of use the lang filter, but what they will snap you on is if say someone just taged a node you were going for and you replyed with "damn you, you f*****g n****r c**t" then you deserve the ban hammer even if you were the one wronged you were the ass not him in the end
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    If you say something like "oh f**k i screwd up my rotation" if that gets reported blizzard wont do anything it's not directed at another person and all you will get is a copy paste of use the lang filter, but what they will snap you on is if say someone just taged a node you were going for and you replyed with "damn you, you f*****g n****r c**t" then you deserve the ban hammer even if you were the one wronged you were the ass not him in the end
    I report everyone for racial slurs, I don't care if it's a joke. There's no place for that in a game. And I hope they do ban them for it, it's just ugly language. People were given so many words and so many ways to express themselves, using such language to me is more ignorant than not knowing basic addition.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandalclysm View Post
    Also regarding ignore evading they should just have it ignore the account of the offending player. no need to suspend a player for spamming alts just because hes upset. just account ignore and he gets to keep his play time.
    Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised to see them implement this eventually.
    Caseybear - Pandaren Shaman - Lightbringer (US)
    Rilokiley - Undead Priest - Arthas (US)
    Soundtrack - Human Paladin - Blackwing Lair (US)
    Feist - Draenei Death Knight - Blackwing Lair (US)
    Loveshy -Blood Elf Warrior - Arthas (US)

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Rakavys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Blackrock - US
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlershocks View Post
    I don't see the point in taking disciplinary action against swearing, that's what the filter is for. -_-
    This x100000000000000000.

  15. #15
    Bloodsail Admiral zshikara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Packwood, WA
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
    If you say something like "oh f**k i screwd up my rotation" if that gets reported blizzard wont do anything it's not directed at another person and all you will get is a copy paste of use the lang filter, but what they will snap you on is if say someone just taged a node you were going for and you replyed with "damn you, you f*****g n****r c**t" then you deserve the ban hammer even if you were the one wronged you were the ass not him in the end
    As totalbusciut said in one of his recent azeroth daily episodes: The node doesn't have your name on it, its a first come first serve kinda world for that.

    Obviously I am not directly quoting him, but putting it in my own words.

  16. #16
    Best use of the GM ticket function?

    Cheating at math (aka: Griefing your math teachers)

    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Ontario, CAN
    Posts
    3,242
    I know people like this on my server.
    Well, person.
    He tickets GMs and makes up stories about his young kids (he has none) play the game and that "so and so said ____ I'm so offended I'm cancelling my subscription and my 4 kids' subs as well!"

    Usually he then gets a response from a GM apologizing excessively, assuring him that they will make sure they do their best and to reconsider cancelling subs.

    The individual then proceeds to facebook and posts his conversations and tickets and lols about it.

    Pisses me off, cause while hes distracting the GMs I'm sitting with my body glued to a ceiling or something unable to rez.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    3,487
    I tried to have a GM give me ashes of al'ar once... it didn't work.

  19. #19
    If you piss me off and you said any curse word (and invariable they always do) - you better believe I will open a ticket.

    ---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 01:20 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Best use of the GM ticket function?

    Cheating at math (aka: Griefing your math teachers)
    *snip*
    And this made me LOL hard.
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2011-03-06 at 01:24 AM.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

  20. #20
    Bunch of ninny's, just use the filter if stuff like that affects you personally. If you cant handle being called a name you need to grow up as much as the person doing the calling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •