10+ Year Old Account

Post [Bio] Dharren Ironarm

Name: Dharren Ironarm
    Race: Dwarf, [Ironforge]
    Class: Warrior [Arms orientated but has to use protection mostly proficient with all]
    Alignment: lawful good
    Languages: Common/Dwarvish/Gnomish

Appearance: 4ft tall, Shaved head and a fine beard with a few silver clips in it to keep the same he likes, His eyes are green/blue, a single scar stretching from above his right eye to his nose [from training with blades and not moving in time to avoid his trainers blow]. Normally seen with his heavy iron plate armor on but when he is at an inn for the night he wears a black stylish shirt and trousers with gold embroidery and his boots are black leather shined until they gleam and even when drunk he is always[normally] spotless, he never wears a cloak unless its raining. Always has the same expressionless face except when angry or drunk. He wears his shield on his back with whatever spear/polearm he has with him. An axe and a shortsword with a celtic design on the hilt hang by either flank and he carries a two handed weapon in his hands but he alternates depending on the situation.

Personality: Dharren is passive to an extent, there are certain things that rile him to cause conflict when he does not wish to hurt anyone unnecessarily, he views his family and heritage in high regard and is proud to be one of the Ironarms that cause fear and awe. He fears nothing and tries to keep himself in check at all times proving his worth as a warrior and he is aiming to become a battlemaster.
    Perfectly poised at all times, he is seen as the perfect warrior and gentledwarf but the other soldiers do not see the turmoil that is rising in the young Ironarm, his anger at seeing his comrades being promoted above him when he sees himself as a much better canditate, he remains in check however... for the moment.

Likes: Alcohol, Women, all the things a good dwarf should like, fine works of metal and stone, besting a skilled opponent in battle, releasing his inner rage, the finer things in life such as rich food and wine and fine clothes.
    Dislikes: Trolls and Blood elves. Watered down ale, his brother, people disrespecting his family, people commenting on his stature [Sometimes]

Strengths: Extremely strong [rivals warrior tauren hence the family name], fast reactions, good at following orders, ambition, Stature [Sometimes], strong family weapons and armor, stamina and his willpower and he is always eager for battle.
    Weakness: Stature [sometimes], Ambition, Anger, Love of alcohol [I guess], his sister.

Other facts about him: Picked from a handful of dwarven children to learn under the great Glordrum Steelbeard and excelling at all forms of combat, as well as being extremely strong, made him probably the best student to learn under Ironforges battlemaster, he and Glordrum have a good friendship and Glordrum got him interested in becoming a battlemaster.
    Dharrens brother is 20 years his senior who joined the dark iron dwarves and had a child under the dark iron banner and his father formally disowned him.
    His sister is a very pretty dwarven lass and has had many requests of marriage and she has denied them all, Dharrens father has asked him to look in on the matter some time in the present future after his first campaign.
    He prefers two handed weapons to one handed and only lifts two two-handed weapons at once if there are many enemies and there are no allies nearby.

His brother is now a dark iron but only changed sides completely after his father formally disowned him for having a child under the dark iron banner with a dark iron woman. Khasen is a good warrior however he is more fond of debate and the intrigues of dwarven politics. He is harder to anger than his brother Dharren but he does not cool down as fast and he is far more cruel, in battle he prefers his victims to cry for mercy than to kill them quickly and honorably. He has an incredible ability to make people do what he wants them to do and more than once has convinced his brother to do things he shouldn't have done. Originally called Khasen Ironarm he is now known as Durin Silvertongue.

Dharren's sister is called Lana Ironarm [named after the dwarven champion Lana Stouthammer] she is a kind and gentle creature and is very shy, she often helps the people of Ironforge through her healing abilities and experience with herbs and poultices. She has caught the eye of many capable dwarven men, although she has not agreed any marriage proposals or a date, her father is worried and sends Dharren to speak with her she does not need to tell him, he knows that the one she wants to marry has left for Northrend with a promise to come back and care for her, so Dharren is ready when they called him amongst many more of his comrades to go to the Borean Tundra and speak with either one of the red dragons or the commander of valiance keep for information and to help hold the Keep for at least a little while and return with whatever information they can gather. They could have got the information a different way but this was to show the soldiers what they would be fighting against should the leaders of the Alliance and of the Horde fail and the scourge of Northrend unleashed on the world. [This was two years before the fall of the Lich King, see what I was going to do with his age?]

Career in the military Fighting in Northrend really helped young Ironarm decide who he wanted to be, after fighting with his brothers and delivering the news to Magni, he was told to go back once more on a more permanent position having shown his prowess in battle when fighting as a unit. He is delivered into the capable hands of an alliance commander in Dragonblight he decided to learn as much as he could about the scourge and this was where he become infatuated with dragons and their power, he often wished to speak to the dragon called Onyxia even knowing that she is evil, she was the mate of the fabled Nelfarion and therefore an almost direct conduit to the Titan Khaz'Goroth, he knew this was not possible and as much as it pained him he let it go focusing on the now and of the future for the dwarves instead of the past. [He learned of this from the red dragons whom he talked to whenever he got the chance, as well as from the other people in his platoon who had, had the chance to speak with the elder,wiser dragons.] Proving his worth defending against the armies of scourge and the blue dragonflight he was given permission to fight and defend the Skybreaker, [though he thought it was his commanders way of punishing him for annoying the red dragonflight with his persistent questions], he honed his skills on the ship and often demonstrated that he could defeat anyone who challenged him to a duel to first blood, he was wrong in the case of one of the 7th legion and felt he had disgraced himself. When Muradin had great success at Icecrown it was again Ironarms time to prove his worth having come to Muradins defence and dispatching a foe even Muradin would have had trouble with, almost killing himself, a giant Abomination. He never let on he was injured but the acid had fallen on his shoulder and ate slowly away at his armor, to his comrades dismay, and leaving a burn on his shoulder before it was healed. Lucky a few bruises, scrapes and a rash weren't going to slow him down. The damage to his family armor left an impact on Dharren and he knew he was going to have some explaining to do when he gets back to Ironforge. Soon after the Gunship raid the Citadel fell and the King was destroyed.

Returning Home After a courteous meeting with King Magni along with his platoon for their services aboard the Skybreaker Dharren was permitted to return home, seeing his sister and father for the first time in almost [2 years?] he felt their pride at his return and at his new rank, his father commented only once about his armor before being treated to a banquet with some of his friends who had remained in Ironforge during the war. He learned that his sisters boyfriend had returned and spurned her instead leaving for Ironforge to live with a dwarven lass there with whom he was already married, he sought him out and found him boarding... running for the deep run tram as it was leaving when he saw Dharren walking towards him, he escaped in the nick of time. Dharren would not allow this insult to his sister go unpunished so he travelled to Stormwind and went inside an inn in the dwarven district to find him sitting there drowning himself in ale and cheap entertainment, Ironarm was filled with rage and ran over and grabbed the nape of the dwarves fine silk top and through him into the opposite wall [A feat in itself throwing him almost 10 meters with one hand] he picked him up with one hand and dragged the dwarf outside, tossing him in the dirt. After throwing insults at the drunken dwarf for nigh on ten minutes and stopping his attempts to run to the guards he punched him square in the face with his gauntleted arm breaking his nose and jaw. The other dwarf stood up and unsheathed a dagger, walking backwards he faded into the shadows of an alley nearby taunting Dharren with insults to his family, much to the rogues dismay Dharren charged as fast as he could into the alley and slammed into the stealthed opponent and threw him to the floor knocking the dagger away, repeatedly punching the dwarf with both hands while pinning him down with his weight and his legs he stopped suddenly when he realized the dwarf was unconscious and would probably die if not seen to, luckily there was a paladin walking nearby who promised to take the unconscious dwarf to a healer, saying that he would probably be dead already if he wasn't a dwarf. Dharren left suddenly throwing vicious looks at people standing in his way, he returned to Ironforge immediately.

The Forging Dharren needed new armor and he needed it quickly, with the money and status he gained while in Northrend, he quickly found a dwarf capable of making it. His now best friend Grumnus Steelshaper was on hand and eager to prove to Ironarm his skill as a blacksmith [having bragged about it for two nights in a row in a tavern. While genuinely interested Ironarm shrugged him off as a drunk, Provoking Steelshaper to forge something was the best way to get results out of him after all.] It took Steelshaper three days to get the armor ready and another four for Dharrens weapons.

New Dreams Two years of training in Ironforge changed Dharrens outlook on what he wanted to be, proving himself as a great warrior and always being ready for a night/day/morning out he decided he was going to be the new thane, a dream he thought impossible when he was young. He has not told anyone about this yet as he thinks they might think him a fool.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 12:48 PM ----------

Dharren Ironarm prefers two-handed weapons if he is alone and there are a few opponents [Two handed weapons aren't good if your fighting alongside people on the front line] He often punchs enemies that disarm him with his strong right arm that has been gauntleted and the gauntlet can't be taken off using normal methods, its infused with magic to grow as he grows and it has been passed down through his family since the time of Khaz'Goroth, or so it is said. When fighting on the front lines a sword and shield are handy although sometimes he uses a polearm and a shield for extra reach. He rarely uses two two-handed weapons as it tends to tire himself out after only half an hour to an hour of fighting. When he is truely angry it is a whole other story, anything he can get will be used against his opponent and he dosn't care about whether or not he dodges most attacks.

He has close friends with most of the warrior and hunter trainers, he likes the craftsman and has quite an affinity for choosing good friends, although he considers everyone and everything to be his friend when he is drunk, he knows that his true friends are the likes of Heng Cloudhammer, Steelbeard, Bilban Tosslespanner, Bengus Deepforge and of course the lovely ladies of the inns and taverns of Ironforge all have had an eye on him, whether it be romance or fighting he works hard and he plays hard. A true dwarf of Ironforge.

Dharren is currently awaiting orders from Ironforge command on where he is sent next, which could be anywhere really, he could be sent to fight for the alliance rather than just Ironforge for all he knows.
    Last edited by Sarevok345; 2011-03-13 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Adding in background to his fighting in Northrend
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

Your ages are quite off for dwarves, but that is easily rectified. Just realise that a dwarf doesn't reach adulthood until approximately 70 years of age. As for your history and such, we don't really have enough information. Give us more, about his family (You say he has a brother and a sister?) his training, his weapons of choice, his part in the wars, in Northrend, outlands, if he is allied to any part in particular, if he has a home, if he has any other close friends?

Many questions that could be easily answered which would create a much more consice and enjoyable character to RP with.

I'll wait and see what you come up with, the beginning is very good!

put that into the OP, then. Harder to read everything if it's spaced out between posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok345 View Post
    I thought 40 was the age of a dwarf who has reached adulthood, I looked at it on WoWwiki, He hasn't been in any fighting yet only training as he is 2 years below adulthood and he is about to take part in his first campaign for Ironforge.
    The reason I asked for his age to be pushed back a bit is that you mentioned his brother being 10-20 years younger than him. If your character was JUST becoming an adult, it wouldn't make sense for his brother to be recruited at such a young age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry, I thought I wrote that his brother was 20 years older than him. Which would make more sense. "His brother 20 years his senior" In this case I should have wrote Dharrens brother is 20 years his senior, I'll fix it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    i think its pretty good xD

A dwarf needs a good family history in my opinion, and you have gone a very good way so far, I really like that aspect.

If you could give a little more information on his conquests (apart from the lovely ladies ) in Northrend or generally speaking his activities as a warrior, I would immediately give you my okay.

touch it up, post in this thread, make sure you applied (following the proper procedure) and I'll get on to accept you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'll get right on it. But to Khorianas, do you want me to write about his activities in Northrend, I am assuming that I have to write up to 2-3 years after the cataclysm, or as if the cataclysm has started now?, Black Mage, I would like to edit my reason to join the roleplayers group as I made the request before I read the rules a while ago before I posted this bio and I am not sure how to. I am only SRP on this character although I will make jokes [in proper dwarven fashion] I won't be making them at inappropriate times [such as in battle].
    Last edited by Sarevok345; 2011-03-10 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevok345 View Post
    Black Mage, I would like to edit my reason to join the roleplayers group as I made the request before I read the rules a while ago before I posted this bio and I am not sure how to. I am only SRP on this character although I will make jokes [in proper dwarven fashion] I won't be making them at inappropriate times [such as in battle].
    In that case I will prematurely accept you into the RP group. Make sure to touch this up when you have the time.

Ah, sorry for the wait, did not see your post yesterday; I merely wanted some more flavor to your characters exploits in Northrend, I just had the feeling that they were lacking in comparison to the quality of the rest of your biography. I have to admit the Gunship battle you mention is a tricky one, because Lore wise I don't know what is canon about that considering both Alliance and Horde may win depending on player faction, but that is not really a problem, just want to put it out there; The rest of your additions, keep somewhat close to the icecrown Raid; but you are far enough away form the key lore moments so that is absolutely okay. Nothing more to criticize for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Ah, sorry for the wait, did not see your post yesterday; I merely wanted some more flavor to your characters exploits in Northrend, I just had the feeling that they were lacking in comparison to the quality of the rest of your biography. I have to admit the Gunship battle you mention is a tricky one, because Lore wise I don't know what is canon about that considering both Alliance and Horde may win depending on player faction, but that is not really a problem, just want to put it out there; The rest of your additions, keep somewhat close to the icecrown Raid; but you are far enough away form the key lore moments so that is absolutely okay. Nothing more to criticize for me.
    n.n I just wanted to show that he is such a good warrior that he got accepted onto the Skybreaker, that was the purpose for him joining it. And I try and not get caught up in Lore if I can help it. You have a good point about the faction winning, I was primarily Alliance so thats probably why I didn't think that through.

Eh no sweat about the Faction winning. The Lore about Raids and such things is vague. It mostly is brave heroes under the lead of*[major lore Hero] defeated [Major lore Villain]. And as I said you did keep a good distance to major Lore events.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Made a new sig!, to mark the historic landmark of 25 posts in MMO-champion. Hooray for me! n.n))