Ultima IX
    Divinity 3:Ego Draconis
    Baldurs Gate 1-2
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Jagged Alliance 1,2
    Mount and Blade Warband
    Vampire The Masquerade Redemption
    Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
    Arcanum of Steamworks Magicka Obscura(or what)
    Icewind Dale 1-2
    Deus Ex series
    Planescape Torment

these are all good and playable RPGs with not unbearable graphics(and they work on windows 7)

No diablo clones because they are just beat them up games and they have very little to do with RPGs outside leveling and inventory(you can call them RPGs but they are not RPGs for me)
    Last edited by exstarcraftfan; 2011-03-06 at 04:54 PM.

Fable 1 and Dragon age are two games you need to play!

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Dragon age: Origins and the expansion Awakening
    prepare yourself for Dragon Age2 released in a couple of days, brace for epicness

Fallout3,New Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gothic 1
    Gothic 2
    Gothic 2: Night of the raven (standalone expansion)
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

If you dont mind older games, Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast was amazing, and a game I dont see many people to have played despite how much fun I had playing it. Granted I was much younger then.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 06:33 PM ----------

PS this seems to of turned into a bioware fanboy thread lol.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auro View Post
    If you dont mind older games, Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast was amazing, and a game I dont see many people to have played despite how much fun I had playing it. Granted I was much younger then.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 06:33 PM ----------

PS this seems to of turned into a bioware fanboy thread lol.
    I played the Cube version and yes Arcadia is awesome. As for the bioware bit what do you expect on this forum it seems that biwoware is worshipped more than blizz.

The Witcher 2 (comes out may 13th), Dragon Age 1-2, Mass Effect 2, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    yes but they only made that announcement because everybody knows they are the same guys

(TECHNICALLY YOU'RE RIGHT BUT EVERYONE ASSOICATES THE TWO SO WHATEVER)
    Emm.. no. Black isle studios was a seperate game studio when baldur's gate was made (not the playstation 1 versions). And Black isle only had a minor part in minor details.

Dragon Age has to be one of the most over-rated games of all time, right up there with L4D2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Dragon Age has to be one of the most over-rated games of all time, right up there with L4D2.
    I havn't played L4D either of em but i have played Dragon Age and i agree. I loved it at first but eventually it got to the point where mods made it more worth playing than the game itself and constantly uodating them bvecame a majopr pain. I actually find this to be true nwithboth betheda and Bioware games where they seem to expect fans to finish em via mods thus not a fan of em.

Oh i realized i should add that i could see me liking these games more if they just didn;t feel so incmplete from teh get go. Oh and in dragon age i got to the tourney as for Oblivion it was the point of gathering artifacts. Though oblivion i disliked more cause of a constant crashing prob i had on my comp which was more than capable of running it and then the ps3 version got no support and then the 360 well by that point i was worn out and if they'd just fixed the driver problems they had with some laptop drivers i woulda been fine but again they seem to be incomplete games when shipped.
    Last edited by Sorrior; 2011-03-07 at 02:06 AM.

I'm not even saying Dragon Age is a bad game, but people slobber all over it like it's the best game ever made. I guess I'm not really fooled by the illusion of choice and constant straight hallways disguised as places you might be able to take 2 different paths to the same place. Nope, one always has a dead end.

Quote Originally Posted by Clous17 View Post
    PS3 and haven't played valkyria chronicles? WOAH BRO GET IT.

If you can stand JRPGS, Persona 4 and Tales of the Abyss are both fantastic for ps2 rpgs.
    This.

I believe the best final fantasy is also available on the PS network - Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Also FFVI on Rom. Those two games basically put every other final fantasy to shame.

If you like Srpgs - Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Makai Kingdom, etc... all are amazing. But Disgaea was the best, by far.

As others have said, Dragons Age and Fallout - if you like real RPGs go for 1 and 2 before 3. Really the only thing three did better than one or two was graphics. And honestly I kinda prefer the old school graphics. But Fallout 3 and Dragons Age are amazing if you want a short game. If you are just completing the story - neither should take more then 10 hours. Dragons Age without expansion shouldn't take more then 30 or so to get most of it done. Both really disappointed me with their length. And reviews of Dragons Age 2 say its even shorter than the original. However don't really play either if you're looking for a strong story.

Breath of Fire... the series was amazing, well... to start. 1-4 were excellent. BoF 2 is one of my all time favorites. Then they just got lazy.

Planescape Torment has the best dialogue in any game, ever. That being said don't play it if you don't want to read a novel with some excellent gameplay. The characters are amazing, the story is good... but it's not worth it if you just want hack-n-slash.

Arcanum! Man I loved that game. I haven't played it in forever.

If you have a DS pick up Radiant Historia. Amazing game. Came out last week, and I've had more fun playing through it then I have had on any other RPG in the past year or so. If you are into j-RPGs, you should definitely get a DS. It is the best RPG console at the moment, in my opinion. The dragon quest remakes, an excellent remake of Chrono Trigger and FFIV, the classic GBA games, The World Ends With You, etc. And pokemon, if that floats your boat, I guess.

I'm surprised no one has said Legend of Dragoon yet. I recommend avoiding that title though - its one of those nostalgic titles that people love for absolutely no reason. Wretched storyline with a mediocre at best combat system. Not fun. But it still comes up as the top RPG on people's list for some reason.

Xenosaga I and III were excellent. III is probably in my top 5 RPGs...
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renard117 View Post
    Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are amazing games, definitely recommend them both.
    New Vegas was a let down tbh. Hardly worth the long build up of hype.

If you don't care how old they are, SNES had some good old classics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    New Vegas was a let down tbh. Hardly worth the long build up of hype.

If you don't care how old they are, SNES had some good old classics
    It was nevertheless much better than Fallout 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    It was nevertheless much better than Fallout 3.
    It was pretty much the same as Fallout 3. It didn't take the series anywhere. The biggest improvement was the ironsights, which was completely useless anyways because the game will throw your bullet off regardless if you hit them or not because of the randomly generated numbers.

fallout 2 if you havent, from list nw2

If you like JRPG's, then you need to play:

Grandia 1 (PS1)
    Grandia 2 (Dreamcast/PS2)
    Legend of Dragoon (ps1)
    Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast/Gamecube)
    Shadows Hearts (PS2)...The shadow hearts series is more darker themed then say Final Fantasy, but it has an amazing story and fun combat!
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant (PS2)
    Lost Odyssey (xbox360)... This feels like the game FF13 should have been
    Legend of Legaia (ps1)
    Legend of Legaia: Dual Saga (PS2)
    Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) MUST BUY!

For a more western style RPG, you cant go wrong with The Witcher. Its the best western RPG i have played!
    Last edited by Kunai; 2011-03-07 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fadingintofall View Post
    I'm surprised no one has said Legend of Dragoon yet. I recommend avoiding that title though - its one of those nostalgic titles that people love for absolutely no reason. Wretched storyline with a mediocre at best combat system. Not fun. But it still comes up as the top RPG on people's list for some reason.
    It has been years since I played Legend of Dragoon, but I remember enjoying it once I got past the first couple hours. The combat near the end of the game was actually kinda fun. If only my favorite character was more powerful. Not going to mention his name so I don't spoil a minor part of the storyline.

I don't think anyone mentioned Lunar: The Silver Star Story. I remember enjoying that game a lot too.

I would like to emphasize Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Chrono Trigger as games that are definately worth playing. Fable, knights of the old republic 2(played it before the first), and jade empire were pretty fun too if you get bored.

A really impressive free game I found is called The Battle for Wesnoth. It is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics..

I liked this thread enough to make an account, so keep the good suggestions coming.