Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How is it possible to have less then 10k dps?

Ive recently started healing on my druid, and every dungeon there is people having less then 10k dps with 15% buff, how is this possible? i am crying a bit inside, takes 5 min for trash to die.. have they nerfed everything recently or what? i see dks with 7k dps on bosses, and warriors with 6k.. then when i ask in party chat "how is it possible to have that kind of dps?" then rage at me and say "i dinged a few days ago"...

Explain to me please, i am crying a bit inside.

EDIT: close the thread please
    Last edited by Friberg; 2011-03-06 at 10:12 AM. Reason: lock it

By either still being in their lvl 80 gear with the quest crap in their bags so they can queue, or by just not even paying attention.

people not knowing their class and they prob have crap gear on

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

done like 5 heroics today, the highest dpser had 13k dps on a boss, everyone else under 10k.. any tips of me not getting upset? i tried close recount.. but dont work

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    done like 5 heroics today, the highest dpser had 13k dps on a boss, everyone else under 10k.. any tips of me not getting upset? i tried close recount.. but dont work
    Did the bosses die? If yes, then why even bother with getting upset?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then...don't get so worked up over a game?
    Your in random heroics with people. Not everyone knows their class, or cares enough to try to completely maximize their dps. Not affecting it as much but, if they queue with a group they won't have the full 15% buff.

shouldnt have recount open i only use it when we died then i see why. some dps was only doing 4k

10k isnt really needed for herioc as long as stuff dies

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimme 3 mobs and I'll pull a gentle 25-30k.
    I love Berserk as a feral tank on trash. <3
    No but in all seriousness, I've started to see the average DPS going up lately, circling around 10-11k instead of the 7-8k I used to see.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

You could start having a more friendly attitude than "omfg why so low dps!?!?!"

If you got any pointers to the people underperforming, let them know in a friendly manner instead of being arrogant, maybe you'll have more luck with that.

My DK does 10k normal 5 man geared with 1 359 epic and a heroic trinket, 11k in the crafted pvp set on a dummy as frost. My lock as either aff or destro does around 6k in similar but slightly less ilvl gear but I've done as high as 9k in aff while getting a lucky AOE streak and DOTing like 10 trash mobs in lost city of tolvir. Some classes just can't do high single target dmg and/or the person playing is just fail. Rotations for both those classes got a lot harder with the release of cata, I'm sure it was the same for everyone else too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't look at the DPS meter. Problem solved!
    Seriously, if stuff dies what's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Then...don't get so worked up over a game?
    Your in random heroics with people. Not everyone knows their class, or cares enough to try to completely maximize their dps. Not affecting it as much but, if they queue with a group they won't have the full 15% buff.
    ^ This.

Its a dungeon most people dont care about maxing out their dps

people get 329 ilvl and jump straight into heroics, personally having 4 85's, the three alts i don't do hc's with until they're full 333 or above, i i can't sustain 10k dps i won't put myself in but that doesn't mean everyone else will wait. i've seen players mid normal say "there we go 329, cya folks off to hcs"

I don't know, maybe they lost their good hand in a freak snowmobile accident, and can't use hotkeys easily anymore, so they use their mouse in their offhand and click their abilities.

Or maybe the majority of players of this game are actually bad?

Quote Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
    I don't know, maybe they lost their good hand in a freak snowmobile accident, and can't use hotkeys easily anymore, so they use their mouse in their offhand and click their abilities.

Or maybe the majority of players of this game are actually bad?
    This might be a possible thesis. I myself have also noticed that those people complaining about other people's dps in my runs, are usually those in need of most healing from standing in stuff :P

Deleted
    Bear in mind on trasdh that some specs won't really be able to roll at their full potentional. My feral dps only gets 17k in Guild heroic runs. That is, without the 15% buff, on bosses, on trash it is more like 13k, because stuff dies too quickly. And in pugs i have to either tank in order to speed up the ques or hold back in order not to overaggro, because even with guild tanks I tend to overaggro the tank constantly.
    Keep in mind i'm quite decently geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    This might be a possible thesis. I myself have also noticed that those people complaining about other people's dps in my runs, are usually those in need of most healing from standing in stuff :P
    Lol yes this is true. Those dps chart toppers never move out of stuff because it will lower their dps.

And because they only look at recount...

Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    Lol yes this is true. Those dps chart toppers never move out of stuff because it will lower their dps.

And because they only look at recount...
    Not like it's a problem any more as I got geared, but that was bloody annoying at the beginning of Cata :P

Lock this please! i just had to write this in anger, im calm now, and i will never join a dungeon on my healer again, will stick to my dk thx for answers! but some people dont deserve to play wow.

8k dps is easyily doable in any heroic and is prob the norm in 333's, you guys are just elitest, try being better yourself cause if you cant get by with less then 10k you suck big time, i can get by with as little as 6k each so long as they all obey the mechanics. on mobs with CC the norm is 6-7k and if they have more then unless your an epic geared tank your having threat problems (not enuf vengance, controling other mobs etc.)

in 346 gear, take last boss in GB, i do 15k dps with 15% buff, i first did that with 5% buff to healing/health doing 8k and everyone else doing 7k before the nerf to their speed and we didn't wipe, get...the...fuck...over....your...self.