Rational feelings about 'Hardmodes'

With Blizzard delaying Firelands because "The Players are not ready for it"

Translation: Ya'll haven't beaten hardmodes yet.

I feel it is important that we clearly state what the community's feel towards hardmodes are,

I have beaten all normal mode content and my guild is working on hardmodes as we speak. But we all 'feel' like we have beaten this part of the game, Nef. Cho'gall gone (screw Sinestra). Hardmode is like the bottom quarter of homework when you were at school, extra credit. Something that you do if you have extra time on the way to school and is no excuse to hold back content. (Or are way too good at homework *looks at Paragon*)

I know I speak for my guild when I say that we don't feel accomplished when we beat a 'hardmode' akin to when we first see that boss die. Defeating Arthas normal WAS AWESOME defeating him hardmode (on a mates disc priest because you had to have them for that f***ing f*** of a fight) was....
    FINALLY ITS OVER /QUIT RAIDING TILL CATA

WE ARE BORED OF THIS CONTENT... if I have to hear Cho'gall say "Brothers of twilight... blah blah blah.... Defend our secrets Halfus..." I am going to strangle a kitten
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

It was more like. "Yay, finished with these crybaby normal modes, FINALLY we can start doing what counts (the HMs)"
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

if you are so bored, go do something else.

Pretty sure Blizzards stated policy is that hardmodes are optional for those who want a challenge, and not meant as necessary progression. The whole idea behind normal and hardmodes was that it would allow more people to see the content, without having to surpass the same amount of challenges.

If they were to say that progression isn't far enough based on hardmodes the existence of normal modes would be completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    It was more like. "Yay, finished with these crybaby normal modes, FINALLY we can start doing what counts (the HMs)"
    I did imply that the topic would be rational...

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    if you are so bored, go do something else.
    This isn't what this topic as about... This topic as about Blizzard's delay of content because the community at large hasn't finished hardmode content.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

sounds like you need a new game to play

Quote Originally Posted by Diurden View Post
    sounds like you need a new game to play
    But Battlefield 3 won't be out for months!

Consider it this way:
    Normal Mode: The boss takes a nap and you whack it till it wakes up and feigns death.
    Hardmore: You wake him up first.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fine with the notion of 4.1 was going to be on the PTR for a long time. It was kind of disheartening to think that my guild wasn't going to be able to clear 13/13 HM before 4.1 drop. But, I was okay with that, because we started late. Do I think it was a good move for Blizzard to delay the next raid tier? Yes. But, not so I can clear HMs. But, I think it gives Blizzard time to work on the raid tier.

People complain that it isn't coming out and how Cata Tier 1 is sooooo easy. Could you imagine if Blizzard released the 2nd tier? "ZOMG BLIZZ! IT WAS RUSHED! I QUIT! PEOPLE WHO AREN'T FULL CLEAR ARE SCRUBS LAWL! I'M SO EPIC!" I don't think Blizzard meant "We aren't ready" because the community hasn't cleared 13/13. I think they meant because the community, overall, hasn't progressed deep into the content.

Being in a guild that is still actively working on heroic modes of fights, I can say that I am glad there's a "delay".
    The encounters are different from the normal modes, some of them making the fights completely different encounters from their normal modes.
    You could argue that because the encounters are so different, they need to be considered as part of progression.
    Progression for Ulduar (my personal favourite raid) was measured in Hard Mode achievements. Yogg0 is still the longest standing fight of the current hard mode raid era.

To me it sounds a little like "well, I've killed all the bosses available on normal! bored now, give me more raids."
    I think Blizzards "optional" heroic progression view has shifted quite a bit. Yes they want more people to see the content, but at the same time they still need to cater to the "raiders", the people who were pushing into original BWL and Naxx, the Sunwell raiders who didn't quite get to KT orKJ but were half way through. Those people, those guilds, still matter just as much as casual raiders and the bleeding edge raiders.
    You could honestly try and write to the dev team, do some research on your own, and see if they have an official statement, a current one not one they concocted back when ToC and ToGC were launched.

Alternatively, you can wait a little bit and see if they come out and say something. There are quite a few pouty, foot stompers on the official forums, it might just illicit a blue statement about it that goes further into detail on what their concept of progression is.

There is something people seem to forget, this is Blizzards game. Not yours. I don't care how much money you have given them over the years, the amount of community interaction and the level of "intimacy" between the devs and the players is astounding, Blizzard players are lucky.
    You don't see people raging at Codemasters, Bethesda, Bungie, for mechanics and things they don't like in their games. You make the choice of playing their product. Same deal with Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard meant that. They have access to more data, and I think that not enough players have seen the normal mode content. I hear and read about guilds progressing on Maloriak and Ascendant Council, so they have only seen half of the content.
    You might have cleared the content a million times, but not everyone has. Our guild is now working on Nefarion, we like having a bit more time before the next raid content comes live.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    I'm not bored yet, and I'm sure there's plenty of people who aren't either. Who are you to think you speak in our names?

Deleted
    Yeah, okay. But at the same time alot of people WANT to do hardmodes, I know I do. Coming from a 10 man guild, have you DONE THESE HARDMODES? They. Are. Insane. They are immensely over tuned and since at the same time theyre still putting the finishing touches on firelands, I would rather them take more time so we dont have a repeat of what Herioc Valiona was to name one amonst a crowd. I am pretty happy with their decision to delay it, its been a good 3 months, which isnt that long considering you had to level up and gear, so you can take approx a month off that unless your going for server firsts and require people to be 85 in 3 days or so. Weve basically had 8 reasonable lock outs in which to raid in, which is very short compared to all the other content that has been out and what not.

the current content is out for 3 months keep that in mind
    if u look at wotlk and the time between 4.0 and 4.1 was 5 months(november-april) and that with the raid content being cleared by the average player in the time the top guilds now took to clear everything
    wenn firelands isn't released yet in june then u can start to complain about a raid being late and stuff
    i don't want another toc i want a fun tier and atm the tier is still alot of fun
    and on that note the amount of 13/13 hc guilds is still low so yeah to early

i don't think blizzard is waiting for the average player to have 13/13 hc but i think more that the most people that wanna raid have seen 12/12 normal and hell people are barely pugging yet so that says enough have challenging the content is

Deleted
    I see heroic mode as the normal mode, and the normal mode as easy mode. What I loathe is that you have to play it on normal to gear up before you can start heroic. Fighting normal bosses you clearly see how certain mechanics are just missing, and I'm not really enjoying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post

WE
    Meaning... the extremely small minority of players who have cleared up to hard mode content? yeah...

Also, if you read what blizzard says instead of selectively picking out tidbits that support your rhetoric, you'd know that "players not ready" is one of SEVERAL reasons for not releasing firelands.

For one thing, firelands isn't DONE. They didn't want to delay the next patch, so they released "half" of patch 4.1 in the form of ZG/ZA and hyjal dailies. Firelands will be released soon after.

The simple truth is most guild have not progressed to 12/12 regular yet. Blizz is waiting for more guilds to see the content before they push the next tier of raiding. If your guild is working on hm's or done with them as of right now, you may be leet, but you are in the vast, vast minority.

For the final, millionth, billionth time: this does not alter the final release date of Firelands in the slightest bit. All that is happening is that instead of having 4.1 on the PTR for months, with ZG/ZA and whatever other smaller changes are coming with it having to sit and wait to go live for months even though they're done, we're getting them as soon as they're finished. You can full expect Firelands to hit the PTR almost as soon as 4.1 is live.

I'm closing any new threads on this subject, as there's already more than enough, including a 30-page long one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled View Post
    WE ARE BORED OF THIS CONTENT...
    Speak for yourself, the vocal minority =/= "we".