Thread: Goblin vs Orc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Goblin vs Orc

I'm a UH DK and alliance atm. In a few days, me and my two friends are going to factionchange. I know that both goblins and orcs are very good for uh dks. And also, in the upcoming patch frost will be very boosted, so, what do you guys think? Goblin vs Orc!

Deleted
    Id say Orc for sure. Expertise + AP buff + 5% Pet dmg is quite nice for ur big pet thingie : D

(coming from a non dk)

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin female.
    Thundercunts and stuff

Goblin. For the racials. The static 1% haste is still the best I believe. Although I will say as a goblin tank (i know your are asking about uh) I stare at wayy to much crotch

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by rikkken View Post
    Goblin. For the racials. The static 1% haste is still the best I believe. Although I will say as a goblin tank (i know your are asking about uh) I stare at wayy to much crotch
    The Goblin racial isn't actually 1% haste. It's 1% attack speed. It has no effect on your rune regen or your pet stats. It would still be superior for frost, but orc would be superior for unholy. It's really up to you! Personally, I hate being short.

If unholy, Orc without question. Also believe frost also without question according to EJ

Quote Originally Posted by Knuffelbert View Post
    If unholy, Orc without question. Also believe frost also without question according to EJ
    On Frost:
    Quote Originally Posted by Consider
    Orcs are decent, but nothing stellar. 3 expertise when using an axe, 5% pet damage, and a 15s boost to AP every 2 minutes. Although that may all look good on paper, when you consider that the expertise boost is based on weapon itemization available, the pet boost is essentially meaningless for us, and the AP cooldown scales with level (1170 at 85) and not gear... well, it's nothing too special to say the least. Still, second best is better than last, and Orcs handily beat the rest of the horde races.
    Pet buff doesn't benefit your summoned ghoul as Frost, because it's just a guardian and not just your controlled pet. The 2 races are already close in competition to begin with, so even though it wouldn't sound like much, you'd be down the bonus pet damage. As for goblins, the 1% attack speed not being counted as haste is a bummer for Unholy DKs sure, but Frost excels from the attack speed regardless, especially 2h.

So like I said, it just comes down to personal choice for the most part. Unless you plan on being 1 spec for the rest of your career in the game!

Deleted
    Both have bonuses although i'd say go for whichever you think looks best/you prefer

Deleted
    Still haven't decided yet.. thinking bout which race that's best for both UH and Frost DK's, so it's a tough choice. And I've never been a goblin before.. and I'm really really short irl, so that would have been cute me thinx
    Last edited by mmoc1c716401fa; 2011-03-06 at 08:08 PM.

Im in the same situation
    lvld a dk for arena as goblin but now im thinking otherwise.
    being tiny is only amusing for so long

For an Unholy Death knight I would go with Orc, no racial of orcs go to waste.

Dude Fuck the stats go for what looks best FROM BEHIND, IM SERIOUS 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% IS SPENT PLAYING your character from behind so yea.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

I love Rocket Jump.
    And just generally the look of Goblin, really up to you though. :P

I liked being an orc because I thought the racials were awesome, but I absolutely love being short. If I'm in a group of people I'm one of the last to be targeted in pvp, plus having a small hit box can be an advantage in PvE (considering Tauren used to have hitbox issues, I assume the opposite would also be true). The rocket jump is really fun, and the rocket gives you an ability to use when you're out of melee range. Plus I like being able to go for the best weapon without caring if it's an axe or not.

Don't worry about the stat difference, the real question is what race you think looks better. The racial stats will be so small that one will be better than the other from simple RNG. I personally like the looks of goblins better. They've got better graphics and animations.

Deleted
    Since we seem to have the stats covered already, I will comment on the looks: even though I love goblins, there is no race in game that looks better in plate then orcs. Plus due to goblin long necks the helmets tend to look rather weird unless it's a cowl type of thing, shoulder armor is also on the tiny side. That is why I have made my dk an orc back when I have faction changed.

Edit:
    I would strongly recommend making a fresh dk of both races to check the animations/armor/feel of the character before you transfer.
    Last edited by mmoc5383a6767c; 2011-03-07 at 11:54 AM.

I'm an Orc DK and while our animations are stale and dated nobody looks better in our armor on Horde side than we do. I think about changing races quite often but I don't think I could take the visual change. When I change gear people notice. When a goblin changes gear...you probably weren't even looking at him to begin with.

go worgen imo
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Go orc or go home.