Resto Druid Mastery Clarification

Just dusted off my Resto Druid that I had benched since TBC and was just looking for a quick clarification on the Mastery system.

"Increases the potency of your heals on targets upon which you have a hot."

So my question is, if i rejuv the tank then begin LB rolling the LB gets bonus healing because rejuv was on there. Once that initial set of LBs start rolling, can I continue to refresh LB with the initial bonus continuing even if there is no longer a rejuv? (As long as I never let the LB fall off and just keep it rolling)

Deleted
    Nope if you refresh LB when there is no other hot on the target then LB isn't effected by mastery

Anyone else able to weigh in on this.

I know back in wotlk with warlocks. if you popped nevermelting icecrystal and then applied corruption, you could keep it rolling with the initial crit rating boost from the trinket through-out the whole fight.

The general principle is that what your stats or bonus's are when you first apply it, will stay the entire duration as long as it doesnt completely fall out and need to be reapplied

I think they changed that, it isn't the same as wotlk anymore, may need some clarification on that, its more real time or something

That has changed since Cataclysm. Any effects that refreshes HoTs or DoTs will cause the HoT or DoT to do a re-check for buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    That has changed since Cataclysm. Any effects that refreshes HoTs or DoTs will cause the HoT or DoT to do a re-check for buffs.
    Was there any offical blizzard statement on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    Was there any offical blizzard statement on this?
    Yes, there was.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpace View Post
    Yes, there was.
    Sorry if it wasnt clear enough that rather then a yes or no answer to that i was looking for a link to said blizzard announcement....

I've been able to make it glitch. I cast rejuv then 3 LB and LB gets the bonus. I refresh the LB right before the rejuv falls off. Then right after rejuv falls off, i put it up again and it gets the bonus and LB will still keep the bonus. Its pretty nice. Doesn't always work though.

If you cast LB then RJ then 2 more LB, both heals will receive the bonus. It's not a glitch.

I think you're a little bit late to the party, Rellekk, as Cata has been out for months now. I doubt anyone here will invest time into digging up an old blue post for you, so I suggest you try and do some work yourself. Otherwise, you just have to take our word for it.

Or install Druid Mastery.

I can reiterate this, as I've read this on EJ (and no I'm not going to dig up the post), that refreshing the lb does a recheck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    Sorry if it wasnt clear enough that rather then a yes or no answer to that i was looking for a link to said blizzard announcement....
    Can't find one, but you can easily test this yourself and you'll see the difference!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Blizzard used that "bug" in WotLK to allow good players differentiate from bad players, and Priests/Warlocks anyway needed more damage so they kept the bug, but it's gone in Cataclysm as the majority here just told you. Lifebloom ticks heals for the same, so testing it yourself should be no issue.