Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret PvE trinket?

Ok I know that this topic was covered earlier. Unheeded warning after the change is it now beneficial to use it now that it adds Weapon dmg? here is the link http://www.wowhead.com/item=59520/unheeded-warning

Pally with agility? Strength is just too good for you, don't gimp yourself. Any heroic trinket with strength is better than this.
    "The Internet, where the men are men, the women are also men, and the children are FBI agents."

Im not using any strength trinket atm. Im using Might of the ocean and hearth of solace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentei View Post
    Im not using any strength trinket atm. Im using Might of the ocean and hearth of solace.
    Since when did Hearth of Solace lost it's str? O_o

The agility is pretty bad for us, but the weapon damage is worth about four times as much as any strength proc, meaning a trinket would need about(ROUGH ESTIMATION) 480-500 STR to be about equal to this proc. I don't think that matches up to our BiS, but the proc alone should be worth around 1000 DPS if my rudimentary calculations are right. I wouldn't take it over rogues/shaman/ferals though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentei View Post
    Actually you are. Just because you don't have raw + str on them doesn't mean they're not Str trinkets...

Quote Originally Posted by agonyzt View Post
    Pally with agility? Strength is just too good for you, don't gimp yourself. Any heroic trinket with strength is better than this.
    This pretty much, and that goes for all the plate classes...

As much as I hate that using an agi trinket, I'm going to try and nab this when I can. That weapon proc is just too damn sexy to pass up for quite awhile.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

I only asked b/c we have 2 sitting in our Gb lol
    And yes i am aware that I have +str use/proc effect trinkets i just assumed you meant raw str

After running it through my calculator again...

321*.98*x + 680*.18*8.62 = DPS value

You'd need to have a value of less than about .65 for agility, otherwise this trinket is our 2nd BiS(if I'm completely fucking wrong, please tell me). lolz.

this trinket needs to be +str instead of agil

tiny abom v2 anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Aieoz View Post
    this trinket needs to be +str instead of agil
    Yeah it would be so op if that were to happen

Deleted
    Simulating in SimulationCraft gives me a dps loss of about 1,3k if I replace DMC:H with Unheeded Warning. According to SC, it has an uptime of roughly 16%.

But I'm not quite sure if SC calculates it correctly.

While we are talking trinkets, is the darkmoon faire trinket better than heroic raid trinkets? At the moment I have the strength alchemy trinket and license to slay. I am going to get getting the sword from Nefarian and have thought about the heroic trinket from Chimaeron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    While we are talking trinkets, is the darkmoon faire trinket better than heroic raid trinkets? At the moment I have the strength alchemy trinket and license to slay. I am going to get getting the sword from Nefarian and have thought about the heroic trinket from Chimaeron.
    Heroic trinket on Chimaeron is BiS, and if you can line it up with Fury of Angerforge and AW+Zealotry it's epic win (aka 70k+ TV).

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    theres a bis trinket topic somewhere along the stickys
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Hazak View Post
    Simulating in SimulationCraft gives me a dps loss of about 1,3k if I replace DMC:H with Unheeded Warning. According to SC, it has an uptime of roughly 16%.

But I'm not quite sure if SC calculates it correctly.
    There's no way that's correct because DMC:H isn't even worth 1.3k DPS, so you'd have to lose DPS by equipping this trinket. SC gave it a 16% uptime when req ran it through there last night(helter skelter fight), so if I were to use that value then you'd need agility's stat value to be about equal to mastery for it to be better than CW:H.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    After running it through my calculator again...

321*.98*x + 680*.18*8.62 = DPS value

You'd need to have a value of less than about .65 for agility, otherwise this trinket is our 2nd BiS(if I'm completely fucking wrong, please tell me). lolz.
    After our calculations and the average uptime I'm seeing which is about 16-17% Agi would need to be valued at roughly 1 even.

(1261 - 680*.16*8.62)/(321*.98) = 1.0272236

I went ahead and ran a sim in my current gear and it comes up with Agi being worth about .82 so if this trinket could hold a 18% uptime it would be clearly 2nd BiS ahead of Crushing Weight but behind Heart of Rage.

In full BiS gear using this profile http://www.chardev.org/?profile=67924 then I compared those stat weights for full bis.

You can see a full BiS setup vs my raiding gear. In full BiS Agi is very close to the needed amount to make that trinket 2nd BiS that tells me if you can't get a crushing weight. This is a good replacement option but unless it can maintain 18% uptime it's still only 3rd best in the list. Just for those curious how it sims up compared to the others here it is and it only maintained 16% uptime.

As you can see very very close to the requirement to make it 2nd BiS, If it had 18% uptime instead of 16% it would be 2nd BiS - (1261 - 680*.18*8.62)/(321*.98) = 0.654561638

Here are those 3 full sims for any interested in the DPS and DPE.

Current Gear

BiS 4PC T11 - Pauldrons of the Great Ettin - HoR / CW

BiS 4PC T11 - Pauldrons of the Great Ettin - HoR / UW

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    There's no way that's correct because DMC:H isn't even worth 1.3k DPS, so you'd have to lose DPS by equipping this trinket. SC gave it a 16% uptime when req ran it through there last night(helter skelter fight), so if I were to use that value then you'd need agility's stat value to be about equal to mastery for it to be better than CW:H.
    Simcraft simulates DMC:H as 100% Proc on HoW @ 1.2K so that is where it use to be but it's not worth that now.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-03-07 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not know if want
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2011-03-07 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Did you do some live testing with it or just calculations?

After some research on the forum and other sites, it seems like the weapon damage just affects physical damage attacks, but none that include spell damage such as holy.

It's mentioned for example in this thread in the shaman forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...heeded+warning