10+ Year Old Account

(Bio) Aaron Layne

Name: Aaron Layne

Race: Human

Class: Warrior

Personality: Aaron can be described with one word ... cruel. He is loyal to his king Varian. He will do anything to spread the glory, and fame of his king through his name. Aaron get's a "sick kick" off of watching his enimies suffer. As a former aprentice blacksmith to his father Rodrick, he takes great pride in his work, and therefore takes it very seriously. Aaron can also be described as stern and irritable when dealing with others especially those of the same sex. Aaron has never fled from a fight often being the last one on the battle field. When dealing with especially important missions, Aaron will cautiously plan every move before enacting, fore one mistake can end a life. He does not fully agree with the arival of the Worgen Describing them as savage, uncaring people. When influenced by a nice strong pint of dwarven mead you can not keep Aaron's mouth shut.

Likes and dislikes: Aaron's one and only passion in life is fighting, as a young child Aaron always trained harder due to his father's strict and violent nature. When on a quest Aaron will avoid major towns or cities trying not to cause to much atention , fore he does not like to be joined in combat. Being a aprentice blacksmith has really payed off for Aaron, fore he knows how to fix his heavy plate armor and craft simple armor and weapons to sell to common folk. The only thing Aaron has ever been frieghtened of as a child were dragons seeing them as cold heartless beasts who took his mother's life many years ago

Appearance:Aaron stands at a tall 6'6", with a pale white skin ,and baby blue eyes. He has a sharp jaw and high cheekbone maing his face angular. Aaron generally spikes his brown hair when ever in pupblic on vacation from doing missions for his king. Aaron inhearited his plate armor from his father after his death in the alliance army.

Strengths and weaknesses: Aaron being a great swordsmen is described as almost unbeatable in combat when weilding his sword. He is also a decent blacksmith, a suitable cook for on the road and specializes in combat. As a child Aaron was taught to never show emotion, making him easily angered in combat, so is often reckless and bloodthirsty in battle making that not only his greates weakness but also his greates strength. Being as Cruel as he is it comes with no suprise that he loves to torture his enimies when there defeated often chopping off limbs in order to get information out of them to report to his king. Aaron has a high tolerance for pain often joking when he's drunk that " he could have his arm chopped off and still fight."

Weapons and equipment: Aaron has never been fond of the shield feeling as it hinders his power in combat, and for the reason he chooses 2 weapons, his Greatsword which he has name " redemption" for unknown reasons (likely for the memory of his mother). and his Two-handed mace which he has named " hatred" for the memory of his hatred to dragons, and is often seen holding both these weapons in battle. Then there's his armor a full suit of plate-mail from his father's armor consisting of dragon scales, iron plates, and skeletal bones.

History: Aaron grew up in a small town in elwynn forest, Son to a violent blacksmith named Rodrick Layne and a carring lovely women named Lisa Layne. He was often abused by his father when he showed the slightest bit of emotion, which emotion to his father was as bad as messing up a recipe in blacksmithing, and loved by his mother til her grousome death one evening when on the road home by a dragonspawn. when he was 14 he fled from home sick and tired of his father's constant abuse since his wife's death when Aaron was 11. He fled to stormwind seeking refuge there.On his way to stormwind he narrowly escaped his father's sight one day, his father thinking his son was dead fled with back to his village. Aaron then made a living off of his blacksmith skill.When Aaron was in his early teen's he got a long time friend of his family who was a master warrior to train him often left bloodied and beaten after there skirmishes, and trained vigourously until the faithful day Aaron narowly escaped death, when arthas riegned the plauge down on cities, Aaron's master however(whose name is unknown) died that day. The days which turned to months went by and at 17 he got the news that his father died. All but forgeting his father over the years, he often wondered why he buried his father that day and didn't leave him to rot for the abuse he caused to him. The alliance army gave Aaron his father's armor which he wears to this day.

On his 19th birth-day, he left stormwind to find a small cottage on the outskirts of the city which was his home for 5 years. Unable yo make ends meet he abandoned his home fled to stormwind and seeked the aid of his king. The lord reagent bolvar saw him one day practicing with his master and was impressed so he hired him to do "personal" missions, which which was his job until his king Varian came back from places unknown to Aaron. Soon after the return of his king Aaron met his wife, at 25she fell ill and died of the disease, Aaron soon fell into a depression for 2 years. He then seeked desperatly to rid him self of this depresion so he faught, and drank. just resently did he stop drinking as heavily as he used to and is now caught up in his work for his king,On the rare days not working for his king he trains with the warriors enlisted in the alliance army.
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2011-03-08 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    I see a little of plagurism there

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 05:30 AM ----------

from gilfred barnetts bio

Hm I can't see anything that would be copied. mind pointing those potions out?

Anyways, The character as he is is sound, age wise he fits into the timeline of WoW, but the way he got how he is needs to be straightened in my opinion.

I think it is quite unlikely that he can run away to a town that is quite close to his home village and not be discovered by his father when he tries to work in a forge. So that would need a little explaining. (Note that of course the "real" Azeroth is bigger than in game, but if your character made it to Stormwind he can't come fom such a far out village)

Also you don't explain from where he got his skills as a warrior. He had a bit of training, but that does not justify "almost unbeatable" at all. A feat like that would require training from multiple masters of the trade. And then your character just offers his services to the king, which is quite unlikely to do as a commoner, and even less likely to succeed.
    Also I'm not very firm on Alliance Lore, but I think Varian is not King for too long so I think when Aaron was about 20 Bolvar was Lord Regent of Stormwind with Anduin as child king so you would eventually have to change that.

again the character as described is fine with me just the history needs polishing.

I'll give another opinion when I see an update.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-03-07 at 12:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Death and despair of bein a newbie
    Cruel is the word that best describes ‘Gill’.
    Aaron can be described with one word ... cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by seas View Post
    Cruel is the word that best describes ‘Gill’.
    Aaron can be described with one word ... cruel.
    And that's it?

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for pointing some stuff out Khorianas fixing some things as we speak
    Edit: fix some things you might have to re-read History to find them there subtle but they are there
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2011-03-08 at 02:52 AM.

Well usually ties to a major Lore character are a no go, but I think being hired by one is okay, From my perspective I'm okay with the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    so any thing else i should fix ?

As I said, not from my point of view, but I'm not the one to judge; you will have to wait for Madgod or Black Mage to comment, but me calling them out usually gets them into a thread quite fast.

Also you might want to apply to the Role Player group if you didn't already, since when our mods see the application they know there is a Bio to comment. If you didn't already apply you can do so here

I'll check it after my brain gets properly connected to the rst of my body... Like in an hour or sumtin

EDIT: okay took a look at it... When he was in his teens Arthas couldn't have plagued Stormwind. He was either still a paladin, or he was in the events of the undead campaign from warcraft III and it's expansion. I'd check wikipedia's article on timelines (I like the conglomerated, unofficial one, since it's the most detailed) for info on that. Other than that, you seem good.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk when i get the time ill go look at it and alter it to fit the timeline, however may not be any time soon swamped with studying and homework ty for taking a look at it xD

I gave it a look over. Although, I'll keep it brief since I'm on my iPhone. So, the main issues that I see are the part where you mention that he lived in Stormwind when he was young. Were you present during the fall of the city to the Orcs? Did you see it rebuilt? How did he deal with his depression and drinking problem too? You'll also have to review your timeline, as Madgod said about the Arthas deal. Aside from that, just grammar/spelling issues, and it looks good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    I gave it a look over. Although, I'll keep it brief since I'm on my iPhone. So, the main issues that I see are the part where you mention that he lived in Stormwind when he was young. Were you present during the fall of the city to the Orcs? Did you see it rebuilt? How did he deal with his depression and drinking problem too? You'll also have to review your timeline, as Madgod said about the Arthas deal. Aside from that, just grammar/spelling issues, and it looks good.
    ya grammar/spelling is gonna be the hardest thing for me to fix ;P but i see what you mean i knew i left something out about SW being destroyed ill get on to fixing it here pretty soon * i hope* ty for reading it since your all probably rly busy

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like our two characters have a few things in common, namely the drinking and the constant feeling that they HAVE to prove that Ironforge/Stormwind is the best XD, but they each handle their rage differently and are very different people even their combat style is different, where my character wants to protect everyone even though he is better with a two handed weapon, your character likes to kill and is ultimately more wicked [the old meaning i.e cruel not the new "hip" meaning]. I like the character a lot even if the lore may be a bit disjointed and I hope you get accepted as I would love to RP with this character.
    Last edited by Sarevok345; 2011-03-13 at 05:23 PM.
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks Sar and i read you char's bio i loved it i'm going to start to revise it when im not as jammed with work right now , (hate doing reading projects) so once it's revised i sugest you read it again because then it should make 100% sence * i hope*