Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter spell pen

does anyone know the recommneded spell penn for MM hunters atm? i was estimating around 170

I have 3 50 gems and it seems to be fine, Use it for Bonus in blue slots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was still 2 Blue gems and a Cape enchant? Could be wrong thou.

EDIT:
    We should generally aim for anywhere between 100 to 170 spell penetration
    From http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...ginners-guide/

So yes, 2 Blue (50) SP gems and a Cape Enchant (70)
    Last edited by Rukah; 2011-03-01 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    is the 150-220 sp recommended for all speccs? how about as bm, does the sp really compensate for the quite big ap/Crit loss?

sth about spell pen. http://www.qqpewpew.com/2011/01/gett...More+PewPew%29

TL;DR

* 97 Spell Penetration to counteract Mark of the Wild or Blessing of Kings.
    * 145 for Marks or Kings in addition to Mage Armor.
    * 195 for the Shaman Totem.
    * 240 for the Shaman Totem and Mage Armor.

Can someone confirm this?

wait, why would MM need spell pen?

Traps are unaffected by spell pen anyway?

thanks guys, and its b/c Arcane shot is magic and its kinda a big deal in pvp for marksman and beast master, and if ur beast master u have cobra shot and arcane shot so yes, get spell pen.

3, 50 spell pen gems should be fine, u only need 120 rly

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    is the 150-220 sp recommended for all speccs? how about as bm, does the sp really compensate for the quite big ap/Crit loss?
    yes, since as BM rotation is basicly, KC, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane, arcane,

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    wait, why would MM need spell pen?

Traps are unaffected by spell pen anyway?
    Chimera is nature damage. Passive resistances take a slice off the top.

Same with Arcane, Cobra, Explosive, Black Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by chasesdemons View Post
    Chimera is nature damage. Passive resistances take a slice off the top.

Same with Arcane, Cobra, Explosive, Black Arrow.
    Chimera is physical. It's never been nature.

Chimera has always and forever been Nature damage. It is based off your weapons damage, but it's not physical. Remember in ICC? ArP had NO effect on chimera at all. (you can look at combat logs)

Chimera is 100% physical damage, the Serpent Sting damage component it used to have was nature damage, but the shot itself have always been physical.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori View Post
    Chimera has always and forever been Nature damage. It is based off your weapons damage, but it's not physical. Remember in ICC? ArP had NO effect on chimera at all. (you can look at combat logs)
    You are dead wrong. Look at your combat log! It was changed from nature damage like 3 years ago. The only recent part of it that's nature damage was the serpent sting component, which was removed. I do remember in ICC. Re-gemming from agility to arp drastically increased Chimera's damage. From 11k to a good 19k.

Ok. I checked my combat log. Arihs's Chimera Shot hits Raider's Training Dummy for 16551 Nature. I don't see physical. It's nature. And gemming to arp probably coincides with the fact that the ICC buff drastically increased all damage. I used to pull over 20k chimeras on H-Saurfang near the end of ICC- Agi OR Arp. Show me the proof that it's physical and I will believe you, but until then, I do not, sorry.

You are dead wrong. Look at your combat log! It was changed from nature damage like 3 years ago. The only recent part of it that's nature damage was the serpent sting component, which was removed. I do remember in ICC. Re-gemming from agility to arp drastically increased Chimera's damage. From 11k to a good 19k.
    It been nature all WotLK And you're surely confusing something about arp, it decreased chimera and volley

Here - http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53209
    School Nature

I'm sorry, but Chimera shot does Nature Damage. Look at Chimera Shot - School: Nature. You can also see at in this log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=5233&e=5578 that Chimera Shot is listed as Nature Damage.
    Last edited by BurningStick; 2011-03-01 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

That's odd. I doesn't say nature in the tooltip, while it does with Cobra.

That's odd. I doesn't say nature in the tooltip, while it does with Cobra.
    Aye, it is quite misleading, they should change the tooltip to reflect the fact it does nature damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Was wondering what you guys had been smoking. Chimera not doing nature damage - pfft.