Alt hunter could use some direction...

I love my hunter... of all my alts, she is the only one I really care to do well on. I get to raid with her on weekends occasionally, and while I put out decent numbers, I'm sure there is room for improvement. Example... I had no idea what wyvern sting was, or that I had it at all, until someone pointed it out to me. Granted, this is the first time I've played survival, she was always MM even as I was leveling her. I'm kindof a noob, I admit it. I don't have a ton of time to do my hunter homework, between school and playing my main, but I have tried to read up a little. Mostly on the warcraft hunter's union site, which I really don't know if the information there is reliable or if I should be reading stuff elsewhere.

Anyway, if any of you more experienced SV hunters with time on your hands care to look and point out any glaringly obvious (to you) mistakes... besides my awful weapon luck.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uriga/advanced

Constructive criticism would be very much appreciated.

Also, I keep hearing about aspect swapping... does this just refer to switch from hawk to fox and back again for movement purposes? Or is it something more complicated?

*and I should mention, this toon is strictly PVE, I never PVP much at all even on my main.

Deleted
    http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110723-...rvival_hunter/

This is the guide I used to finetune my survival playstyle.
    I am marksmanship now after the patch, but still long for the time where Survival will be on par with Marksmanship with lower gear levels.

Aspect swapping is a weak term. It is simply switching between Hawk and Fox, nothing more.

There seems to be no real mistakes about your current gear/gem/enchant choice, nothing to complain about there.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 04:56 PM ----------

I only noticed a small mistake in your talents.

Move the 1 point from Bestial Discipline to One With Nature.
    I am not sure if you should take any points from other talents, as the surv guide hasn't been updated

Thank you for the link!

I have heard that MM pulls ahead of SV dps-wise, but I am really enjoying SV... since she's an alt, I don't really feel the need to change specs for min/max purposes I guess.

*and just saw your edit, thanks again.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2011-03-08 at 04:08 PM.

Allright, you sound like you genuinely want to take some advice, so here goes:

Run the heroic lost city of tol'vir first boss every day for a 2H weapon.
    Don't reforge into haste. As survivial, you want 1.66 cast time on your cobra shots, which equals out to 757 haste. Youre roughly 400 overcap. Reforge it into crit strike>mastery>haste after reaching the 757 "cap".
    Arcane shot glyph over serpent sting glyph for singletarget situations, when youre comfortable keeping a positive dps rotation while firing off arcane shots too.
    Take 2 points from either Careful Aim or Sic'Em (depending on: Do you want a constant, lesser bonus to dps through Sic'Em and wild hunt, or a burst at the start of the fight through Careful Aim?) and put them in One with Nature. Take the one point from Beastial Discipline and put it in One with Nature.
    If you go with Sic'em, put 2 points in wild hunt rather than one in wild hunt and one in shark attack.

Apart from that, it looks fine. As a final note, Aspect Dancing is just that - dancing between aspect of the hawk and fox for movement purposes .

I've been running lost city and deadmines with the hope of getting myself a decent 2H weapon with no luck so far... those stupid mail gloves drop EVERY TIME. I even have a 2H enchant sitting in my bags, gathering dust while I wait. :P

Thank you for the reforging/haste advice, that is an area I was pretty confused about. I reforged the hit there to balance out my hit cap, and choosing haste over mastery was more a guess than anything else. I was having a hard time finding out what the haste cap was for my gear level, but I see it's mentioned in the EJ link too.

As for the arcane shot glyph, would it still be worth it to keep dust on hand for fights like halfus (with whelps) and cho'gall?

And this:
    depending on: Do you want a constant, lesser bonus to dps through Sic'Em and wild hunt, or a burst at the start of the fight through Careful Aim?
    I... don't... know. O.o

Going to have to do some more reading! Thanks again!