10+ Year Old Account

Is my computer where it should be on FPS?

This seems abnormally high for my setup. CPU can be found in CPU-Z verified signature.
    GTS 450 GPU.
    Obviously I don't experience this high of an FPS in Orgrimmar, but I still hover at the 50-70 mark on full ultra.
    Is my rig better than I think it is?

(Also, yes, I have 20g at level 85. What of it?)

Yes, obviously you have high fps if you aren't doing anything. It goes even higher if you stand still face on the wall zoomed in as close as possible. But if you enter 25-man raid with those settings, your framerate will drop to 5-10 in combat.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

You have Sandy Bridge rig, did you expect 15 fps ?

Deleted
    actually in a 25 man raid on those settings with that CPU and graphics card you should still get roughly 30-40 FPS with heavy raid AoE going off.

I got an i5 2500k sandybridge setup with a 6950 ATI/AMD card on ultra @ 1920 x 1080. In SW at rush hour in the AH with about 50 players running about about I get about 45-50 fps. In raids it drops to about 40 on heavy AoE and trash packs. Flying around randomly its a solid 60fps.

Quote Originally Posted by foulplay View Post
    actually in a 25 man raid on those settings with that CPU and graphics card you should still get roughly 30-40 FPS with heavy raid AoE going off.
    With Shadows on ultra? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's still models and shadows on that screen. I'll post a pic later of me in Org and in AV, if you don't believe me...

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Ultra shadows = no problemo when using dx11 client.

Deleted
    ultra shadows are over-rated, on my pc there is no noticeable hit switching shadows from high to ultra, I have even used commands to get "higher than ultra" shadows and it barely affected it also

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Yes, obviously you have high fps if you aren't doing anything. It goes even higher if you stand still face on the wall zoomed in as close as possible. But if you enter 25-man raid with those settings, your framerate will drop to 5-10 in combat.
    Haha funny guy, your computer is fine I would download SpeedFan and check how your temperatures are doing if you have worries and if so then see if there are any dust particles stuck around fans and clean them out

Its all good

Why'd you get a 2300 instead of a 2500?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayako View Post
    Why'd you get a 2300 instead of a 2500?
    Because I'm a dumbass and I buy prebuilt computers. It's getting a major upgrade around christmas. (I'm pretty much making another computer. I think the only thing I'm reusing from the old one is my GPU.)

Screenshots of settings and fps in Org and AV coming up soon.

Orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Fuzzykins; 2011-03-07 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Now take a screenshot in Orgrimmar where there's actually people present.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now take a screenshot in Orgrimmar where there's actually people present.
    This is the Horde side of Aerie Peak we're talking about. There's never people present. Why should it matter the models on my screen? I can play the game at ultra on my server... Shadows, Multisampling, AAx16 and all.

This is the Horde side of Aerie Peak we're talking about. There's never people present. Why should it matter the models on my screen? I can play the game at ultra on my server... Shadows, Multisampling, AAx16 and all.
    Because people on screen is the very thing that makes WoW lag on low spec computers. You might just as well say WoW doesn't lag on your computer when you play Windows Minesweeper. On those settings your framerate drops to 20 or below in any normal realm, or in 25-man raids.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

This is the Horde side of Aerie Peak. There's never people present. Why should it matter the models on my screen? I can play the game at ultra on my server... Shadows, Multisampling, AAx16 and all.
    Aerie Peak-horde is always crowded, afaik? Alliance has more, I know, but I don't think Horde is that small. If this is Aerie Peak-US, I have no idea.

But why it should matter? Because the point of everyone saying "Try orgrimmar/raids" are because those places are overcrowded with player-models - the very thing that brings computers to its knees. Log onto another realm with lots of hordes, like Sylvanas. Or Twisting Nether.
    Otherwise, there's no difference between Orgrimmar and Silvermoon per-se. It's not harder to visually render Orgrimmar itself.