what weapon to hold out for

currently, we have H magmaw on farm, so akirus is readily available most likely next time it drops. We also have H nefarion almost dead, probably dropping him tonight. I was wondering the differences between the nef sword and akirus as if I get akirus i will probably be last in line for the nef sword. Should I hold out for the nef sword or are the differences between them insignificant.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    No contest the speed difference makes Ashkandi BiS by leaps and bounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

i have a feeling these leaps and bounds are about 200-300 dps but thank you
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ashkandi is better, it is slower and therefore makes all your %Weapon damage attacks hit harder, and therefore will boost your DPS by more than 300, but closer to maybe 600 or so, not an insane amount by a long shot, but it's better. Asking this question on MMO will give you lots of min-maxing answers so don't reject Requital's response for trying to help

i never rejected anything

Edit: I was just throwing numbers out there to try and get a numbers difference between the two of them I knew they were close I thought they were closer than 600 dps.

Of the three 2H weapons that drop from raids only 1 doesn't have expertise. Without having Ashkandi, I can't make use of the SoT glyph because I am swimming in expertise. By using Ashkandi, I would be gaining significantly more from the different itemization of the weapon, more reforge options, and the SoT glyph. Its not only the slower weapon speed that makes that sword BiS. Its the collection of benefits gained that does.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD