Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Complimenting WoW. Not complimenting WoW's lore.

In other words, Tiran won't directly compete with WoW. It will instead be a game that many players will play alongside WoW due to it being different enough.

One could say that Starcraft compliments WoW, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Dammit!

I just recently saw a vid saying bungie teaming up with activision to make mmo. now this.

I hope that the rumors of fps mmo isnt true.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/07/bu...nt-was-a-joke/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I hope you brought your wallet... 'cause the rent in Hell gets paid in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    I thought Titan was supposed to be a complete new IP. They talked in the past that their next MMO would be a completely new IP.

If it compliments WoW, then it makes me wonder if Titan has something to do with the Titans of WoW, but surely not.
    I love titan lore...please let it be this xD

But it will probaly be something different than wow but compliment it...and that does kind of fit into the titan lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the new MMOFPS will take place on a futuristic planet also created by the Titans, named Htoreza, on which everything is originally organic but has been changed to machine by the vile Elder Lords. The player takes the role of a recently repaired <Insert class here> with a greater destiny than he/she/it first realizes, ultimately striving to destroy these Elder Lords and all associated with them, including a group of cyborgs known as the Scorching Myriad, led by a traitorous pseudo-Titan who followed Sargeras' teachings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post

In other words, Tiran won't directly compete with WoW. It will instead be a game that many players will play alongside WoW due to it being different enough.

Exactly. And I think it's very obvious, because if somebody starts playing new unknown Blizzard MMO and stops playing WoW for that reason, Blizzard doesn't make any profit on that guy. So what they'll want is either WoW players paying for new unknown Blizzard MMO additionally or new customers. They have absolutely no interest in competiting with their own game.

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    “There are over 12 million global paying subscribers that are active in our game. We are not going to turn our back on the money, and we intend to continue to support that franchise for many many years to come."

^ Hopefully this will silence the idiots who say come the release of Titan, that Blizzard will completely ignore WoW
    *Fixed.

And ofcourse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    which probably would mean like 30 years away lol.
    could be worse.. like lets say, huh 3d realms years?

P.s. Duke nukem forever

Now what I'm curious about is what are they going to charge monthly. If it were up to me I'd include access to their new mmo through the same monthly charge you already pay for WoW, or maybe a discount on the monthly charge if you currently have an active account for WoW. It may sound like a profit loss at first for blizz, but if they charge for both it feels like their double dipping on their customers. As it is, it feels like WoW should be F2P because they already have ingame items that can be bought from their store. They could easily make the conversion to F2P when their new mmo comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I would personally love, is for a 3-faction MMO universe, with the ability to form "alliances" with other players and groups of players in order to accomplish a shared goal...and then kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Boub confirmed several times that it's an MMOFPS.

FPS = "who the hell cares" in my books.

Bungie, though? I don't know. They've done some interesting stuff - thogh I should add, if this is MMHalO I'm going to cry. ><;
    funny !!i may have missed boub's quote on that that, thought i frequent this website.link?

---------- Post added 2011-03-07 at 08:54 PM ----------

i think it will replace wow, i don't know how many are gonna be willing to pay two subs a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    thats funny, so to WoW be complete they need another MMO?
    re-read both the OP and the article
    the word is complement, not complete

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I'm pretty sick of blizzard right now
    Why are you here?

If it's an MMOFPS I am definitely not playing that.

If I want a FPS i'll go out and get a generic shooter game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone think it's an FPS? That Bungie news bite only name-dropped Blizzard alongside Activision for more hits. That's how news works these days.

Just take a look at the Dev team for Titan. Doesn't seem like a joint at all.
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-03-07 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    i think it will replace wow, i don't know how many are gonna be willing to pay two subs a month.
    Surprisingly, a lot of people. Beyond that I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizz roll out a "everything" service in the same way SoE does.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Why are you here?
    Why are you here?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    "Sup wow lookin good homie!"
    "Yo thanks titan!"

That kind of complement?
    This may help you: A dictionary.

compliment n [ˈkɒmplɪmənt] 1. a remark or act expressing respect, admiration, etc.
    com·ple·ment (kmpl-mnt) n. 1. a. Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection.

The title usage of the word "complement" is correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Well, all the developers who made WoW great probably left to develop Titan, maybe that explains why WotLK and somewhat of Cata just never really impresses me as much as that and TBC did.
    You mean two people, one of them being one of the most hated people in WoW dev history (Furor)? Yeah... about that.

Most of the Titan team is being hired from scratch - look at their job listings.

As for this article, this is pretty old news. At Blizzcon 2009 (when we didn't even know the name) and Blizzcon 2010 and tons of interviews, they've said they plan to have WoW and Titan servers running at the same time and that they were not worried about the games taking subscribers from each other because A) They're different niches and B) They're both Blizzard games.

That's what they're referring to by complementing each other - they're not going to be like "Click here to import your WoW character into Titan".

Edit: And before people say "Zomg, but Ghostcrawler" - no, you must not have played in Vanilla. Before GC, there was Furor.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-07 at 09:42 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you here?
    Civil upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Boub confirmed several times that it's an MMOFPS.

FPS = "who the hell cares" in my books.

Bungie, though? I don't know. They've done some interesting stuff - thogh I should add, if this is MMHalO I'm going to cry. ><;
    "confirmed" ? really ? I said that as far as I know it's a MMOFPS, and I don't know that much.