Deleted

Deepsea Sagefish - No pools, Unfair?

Alright so I decided to go fishing for sagefish for my guild, So first i look for pools and find out theres none, now I decide to check wowhead, and I find out there are none in general, now thats allright, but the main problem is, ALL other classes can get their main buff food from pools,

the main problem is, The Seafood magnifique feast that my guild is still lacking atm, requires you to fish up 10,000 fish Which is alright, quite a short grind if your doing it with a few guildies, Problem is Its Fish from POOLS, So basically all my fishing for the buff food we casters need is basically going to waste especially as you only get roughly 1 deepsea sagefish per 4 casts,

Can anyone find one logic reason for this? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I thought of the other day was to let the fish make both of its recipes from one fish.
    Since one is clearly the head and the other is the tail, that would help to alleviate some of the strain on the fish.

As for your post. no, it has been discussed before, the only logic I've ever seen presented is "dur hur hey are DEEPSEA sagefish, they wouldn't pool at the top of the water".

I don't know what your talking about, people on my server sell this fish at super low prices because its the easiest to fishbot. The fish from pools however, cannot be botted.

I would agree there is a certain degree of being 'unfair'

its easier to catch fish from pools than sitting around doing open water casting and hoping 1/5 is the one you need

also, while this fish is the main buff food component (self cooked item), for guilds trying to reach the guild fishing achv, these do not count since they are not from pools

I find I can fish Highland Guppy pools, sell them in stacks on AH and have the costs nearly equal out for the purchase price of the Sagefish. All in all, works out well.

Deleted
    Partizan that only works when there are actually people fishing for Deepsea Sagefish. T

Quote Originally Posted by Pridemane View Post
    Partizan that only works when there are actually people fishing for Deepsea Sagefish. T
    See the aforementioned comments regarding fishbots Being that the Guppies are part of the new fish feast, they're usually in pretty steady demand, and regular fish-folks/fishbots probably toss the sagefish up along with whatever else they caught. In fact, current prices on my realm have a stack of Sagefish @ 40g even, and Guppies at 49g+change. So it even turns profitable sometimes

It's annoying, since when i do my dailies, I can't stop and fish a pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by partizan View Post
    See the aforementioned comments regarding fishbots Being that the Guppies are part of the new fish feast, they're usually in pretty steady demand, and regular fish-folks/fishbots probably toss the sagefish up along with whatever else they caught. In fact, current prices on my realm have a stack of Sagefish @ 40g even, and Guppies at 49g+change. So it even turns profitable sometimes
    Well either my realm has a lack of Fishbots lol, Or they arent fishing deepsea sagefish cuz theres hardly any Deepsea sagefish on the AH ever and when it is prices go up to 200g per stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    As for your post. no, it has been discussed before, the only logic I've ever seen presented is "dur hur hey are DEEPSEA sagefish, they wouldn't pool at the top of the water".
    If that were true, you'd also need special fishing equipment to get to the depths in which these fishes swim in the first place. Yet, we can use our normal, standard fishing gear and bait and such ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pridemane View Post
    Alright so I decided to go fishing for sagefish for my guild, So first i look for pools and find out theres none, now I decide to check wowhead, and I find out there are none in general, now thats allright, but the main problem is, ALL other classes can get their main buff food from pools.
    Not true I'm a tank and my best food is mastery/stam. And that fish can't be found in pools either.

They should just increase the chance to fish deepsea sagefish. Its a pain to farm them, and people don't even sell them on AH half the time. At least they don't sell them much on my ah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Which, in and of itself, is a stupid theory since the Deep Sea Monsterbelly from Wrath of the Lich King has pools.

From memory the only +90 buff food you can get from pools are Agi, Dodge and Parry, so it's not a conspiracy against the casters and the Sagefish are quicker and easier to farm than the "meat" for other recipes.

Get your guild motivated to get the feast recipe though. It didn't take us that long when we knuckled down and we made a heap of gold each selling the fish and volatile waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingsara View Post
    From memory the only +90 buff food you can get from pools are Agi, Dodge and Parry, so it's not a conspiracy against the casters and the Sagefish are quicker and easier to farm than the "meat" for other recipes.

Get your guild motivated to get the feast recipe though. It didn't take us that long when we knuckled down and we made a heap of gold each selling the fish and volatile waters.
    The STR Food from the Basilisks in Tol Barad is by far the easiest to farm, You can double dip and do your dailies while u farm them. If your a herbalist u can also farm whiptail at the same time. Very different from sitting around in the ocean hoping to get deepsea sagefish and getting greys instead. Also it requires that you have actually leveled fishing to a certain degree and possibly a lure. As far as just killing mobs are concerned, they require no prerequisites other than being 85.

-On a side note if your faction on your server sucks at Tol Barad, I mean that's just too bad.