Thread: Disco pvp

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Disco pvp

Windshock.
    How do you deal with it?

I'm not QQing since shamans need it to be viable in arena imo but that coped with the new tremor totem/los/grounding totem do you people get off any burns?
    I just played a 30 min 2v2 game against rogue/resto and I got off a grand total of 5 burns during the entire game. It was a fun game that ultimately ended in defeat so I'm just asking for some pointers on how to properly use the burn. I can get it off most times when my partner gets a nice cc on the target but with at rogue on him he couldn't do much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Firstly, 2's will never be balanced.

Secondly, they removed Drain Mana so I´m assuming that if they keep Mana Burn in the game it is supposed to be hard to cast. 5 Mana Burns is still 50% Mana.
    Thread over as far as I can tell :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know 2v2 isn't intended to be balanced but its fun anyway.

50% of a manapool in 30 min is not extremly good but it helps. I was just asking for some pointers on how to becomming better but I guess I was wrong in wanting to learn

Ya, all you can do it fake out the wind shears. If you don't have one already, get an addon that watches the cool downs on interrupts. Afflicted is a good one imo.

I play rogue-priest in 2's and any healer games against a shaman are 45 minute ties 100% of the time if they aren't terrible. Resto druid teams can be similarly annoying but without wind shear it is not as difficult. Healer vs healer games in 2's are just not fun anymore, imo. We're considering having our rogue go sub for the extra mobility (to stomp tides, stick on LoSing healers better to keep them out for burns, etc) but I honestly don't know what to do in my 30-45 minute games. We haven't lost one yet, but when we win it seems like it's more because the other team got sloppy.

Priest-Mage seems to work a lot better against this problem than priest-rogue (two of my buddies run it and do fine, but they're also ex-gladiators from BC, so I suppose they have a leg up on me).

against resto sham... sw:d before you cast it to get rid of grounding.
    i don't know what comp you're playing with however, assuming whoever you're with has a stun? manaburn them while they're stunned, manaburn while they're feared, etc.
    get your dps to focus their dps, so that you aren't getting pounded on and get a few burns off that way. in try to get the rogue feared out into the open so that the shaman has to stop pillar humping, get burns off while he's in the open.

remember that you can dispel ghostwolf, so you can hurt his kiting capabilities to an extent.
    also, make sure you're dispelling his lil mana buff things so that your burns weren't pointless.

although people QQ about burn a lot, you have to remember that it's a LONG cast time, easy to LoS, and easy to shock. because shock has a 3(or 4? don't remember) cooldown, unless the shaman is caught unaware in a sort of CC, or isn't paying attention to your casts... the chances of you humping him and getting more than 5 throughout the match are slim, especially if he's any good.