10+ Year Old Account

Request for PC Build (Parts)

Simple enough, I'm going to be building a PC that I will use for only playing WoW while Fraps'ing / Video rendering. The only programs on my OS will be WoW, Fraps, Vent / Mumble / Skype, and mods. I want to be able to run max settings on everything in WoW. My budget is 1800 dollars (US) and I will would like to plan on getting all my parts from Newegg. I already have a monitor, OS, and peripherals. So just the rig itself. I'm just not sure about which parts to get and the compatibility of said items (I.E. - I've heard about issues of PSU compatibility with SSD) so, I'd like to ask for opinions. Also, I want a boot SSD drive and a sata secondary storage. Thanks for your recommendations in advance!!

Mother Board -

Processor -

Graphics Card -

Ram -

Hard Drive (SSD) -

Hard Drive (Sata) -

Case -

Power Supply -

CD / DVD / Blu-Ray -

Extras (Thermal Paste / Connectors / Other little stuff) -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you use this computer for everything else also?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

For the SSD you might want to skip the usual ones and go for OCZ RevoDrive.. then again you might not gain anything from it if its just for Windows...

I couldn't suggest this as its old tech now. Go for a sandy bridge build.
    Here is a list of parts, too busy to source links for newegg at the moment, but not hard for you to find those yourself.
    CPU - i5 2500K
    MoBo - P67 1155 MoBo, not many on offer at the moment, but more will be available over the coming weeks
    Case - Something around $70-100 should do fine. I would look at the comments on the items, if there are problems people will have complained about them
    GPU - Go for something in the 560/6950 range, should be around $250
    RAM - 8GB(2x4GB) is the best way to go at the moment. 1333/1600 MHz is good, timings won't make a difference you will notice
    SSD - I think at the moment 80-120GB is about the size you can get at a reasonable price, this will be able to fit your OS and a few games.
    HDD - Go for a 1TB 7200rpm one like samsung spinpoint F3
    PSU - 650W will be fine, go for an 80+ rating
    DVD/Blu-Ray - Doesn't matter, get what suits your budget and does what you want it to do
    CPU Cooler - Coolmaster Hyper 212+ is perfect for its price, it will come with thermal paste that will be good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey thanks all (esp. iSythe!!)!! I'll have to look into that. I'll do some research into the parts / links suggested. I just didn't have a good starting place to look as I have been not tracking the newest or latest and greastest technologies, half because I don't have the time and ashamedly half because I'm too lazy to scour the interwebz for everything. I agree with mrgreenthump too, I was looking at an OCZ SSD - about a 60gb should be fine for a boot drive and just WoW. To the wonderul Mod. , I'm extremely OCD / anal about my PC setup and I want to run the cleaniest and most minimalistic OS possible. Also, I have other older PCs I'll be using for my browser, media, etc. I won't even run an anti-virus on my new machine (not that I really need it) because I'll download my mods and drivers on another PC and run them through some checks to see if there is any malicious content in them (which if you know where to get mods, drivers, etc. you don't really need it anyway) and then put them on a thumb drive (or just xfer on my network) to my new PC and load it that way. I will also probably dup' a second SSD / HDD to keep on hand to quickly switch into my PC if my current SSD / HDD goes down. Overkill? Yea, probably but, I'm just weird like that. ....hopefully later when I'm not busy, I can switch to Linux (and actually have my lazy buns learn more) and use that....I heard it's a super clean OS / UI (really customizable UI too).

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 05:44 PM ----------

Also, iSythe (or anyone) would this mobo (linked at the bottom) be acceptable / worth it in your opinion?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813188065

Edit / Add:

Or to go with the p67, I was looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131700
    Last edited by recoilCoC; 2011-03-08 at 05:48 PM.