Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzards Raidlock out Fail!!!

Blizzard once again shafted my guild tonight. We are by no means a world top guild we started raiding late into cata but have made steady progress and are currently sitting on 1-13 hms working on Chimeron hm with a few 8% wipes last wednesday we decided on thursday to take one of our socials for our normal farm bosses as one of our healers cant raid thursdays. So Thursday nyt we went in and killed atramedes and maloriak on normal. Reentered tonight with our proper grp to kill chimeron on hc to get an error telling us the healer who has wasnt there on thursday for the 2 normal kills is saved to another hc lockout. I posted a ticket to be told by a GM there is nothing he can do as this is a bugg they cant understand how to fix then proceeded to tell us just kill it normal. I would like to have seen a gm say this to a guild that was mayby going for world first!
    [QUOTE=Tomoe;10603207]Hi all,
    We have engaged Chimaeron Hc 10 man this night, and we have faced a strange situation...sometimes (but before or after, it happens), chimaeron make 2 attack in a row with like 0.2 or 0.3 second between the 2 attack...clearly, with the first attack the tank go to 1 hp, with the second is dead.
    It's so fast that in the interface we see an instant kill.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like you're saved to a Heroic raid ID the moment any boss is dead on Heroic, regardless of whether or not you killed it with them. It also seems like merely attempting a Heroic boss will also get you locked.

It's lame. We couldn't take a mage for our raid yesterday because apparently he wiped on H Maloriak with his guild a couple times.

Game lost alot of appeal when they started this crap.

They do save a ton of bandwidth by hosting half the raids they used to. Great for blizzard, bad for the player.

That sucks. Having said that, try again next week, one lockout isnt the end of the world. Oh and about it happening to a guild going for world first, those people dont take breaks until they get them, if someone cant make it, they fill their slot and keep going without them.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    Game lost alot of appeal when they started this crap.

They do save a ton of bandwidth by hosting half the raids they used to. Great for blizzard, bad for the player.
    bad beacuse you dont have to run the same raid 4 times a week?

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    It seems like you're saved to a Heroic raid ID the moment any boss is dead on Heroic, regardless of whether or not you killed it with them. It also seems like merely attempting a Heroic boss will also get you locked.

It's lame. We couldn't take a mage for our raid yesterday because apparently he wiped on H Maloriak with his guild a couple times.
    yeah this is the issue we had kind of the gm said because we attempted hm and then came back with a diffrent person it changed the lock for our healer even thoguh we killed nothing on hc.
    [QUOTE=Tomoe;10603207]Hi all,
    We have engaged Chimaeron Hc 10 man this night, and we have faced a strange situation...sometimes (but before or after, it happens), chimaeron make 2 attack in a row with like 0.2 or 0.3 second between the 2 attack...clearly, with the first attack the tank go to 1 hp, with the second is dead.
    It's so fast that in the interface we see an instant kill.

Quote Originally Posted by chaossammy View Post
    Do tell how it benefits the player? 4 times a week, 4 times a month, its all relative to how much you wanna play. They took this away.

I'd kill to be able to do the raids more then once a week. I hate alts, I hate leveling them and I hate gearing them... but if I want to do anymore raiding I have to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: shorter raid locks. Week-long raid locks are stupid considering most guilds that know the content do it all in a day, and those that don't only take 2 or 3 days. Few wipe on the same stuff every day of the week.

Sure, people would get gear and points and shit faster, but i'd play more if I could raid more, enjoy the game better overall, and worry less about having to "save myself" for guild time.

Deleted
    Solfire, i agree i hate alts, and miss 10 mans.

That said why is everyone moaning, Bliz made changes so people have less lag and issues of not being able to get into raids due to not enough available instances. The only people that are getting issues are the ones that are trying to run with multipule raids under the new system.

I levelled another warrior to 85 just so I didn't have to deal with the raid lockout change.
    I can now effectively do what I love on the character I love twice a week! (well, 5 times a week if you count my other alts).

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Videogames.

You have to.
    If you wanted to progress well and shoot for server firsts, yes, you had to. Running ToC 4 times a week was mandatory before you had all the badge gear if you were a progression raidier. I'm very glad I don't have to anymore. I also never really liked 10m ICC, but had to do it because of heroic organ from PP and the heroic saurfang bracers which helped a lot with HLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a bit of an exaggeration, just thought I'd point it out that very few people ever did the same raid 4 times a week on one character. the only raid you could do on heroic as a seperate raid, was totc but iirc by the time most people were up to doing togc 25 they were long past ever wanting to do totc 10, only exception might of been the top guilds or the going for achievements people =P

If you don't like the raid lockouts then feel free to blame the party that forced it to change, the players. We whined so damn hard about raids in Wrath that they had to change the lockouts. It does the job it was supposed to do, slow down the overgearing of dungeons and raids.

Hmm. I don't see how any one "had to" raid 4 times a week. I for one really miss being able to do the same instance of both version on more then one toon. I miss being able to do ICC 10/25 on regular and heroic modes on 5 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new lockout system is too anti-progression theory.

so its blizzards fault that the person you invited was a idiot who got saved to another run?
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-03-08 at 02:28 AM.

If by other run you mean the run they did at the begining of the week....

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main issue here seems to be killing Atramedes normal before finishing off your heroic bosses. At least that's how it seemed for us back when we had this problem. Best leave him for last. It's not really guaranteed to work, but worth a try. And GMs can't do shit as usual, in our case he claimed that we got saved by killing "heroic trash mobs", which is absurd.
    BoT doesn't seem to have any issues due to its linear nature. Either that, or it's one of Atramedes bugfixes that backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker View Post
    If you don't like the raid lockouts then feel free to blame the party that forced it to change, the players. We whined so damn hard about raids in Wrath that they had to change the lockouts. It does the job it was supposed to do, slow down the overgearing of dungeons and raids.
    This says it all. The communities have killed old-style raiding, but is that really all that bad? I now raid 2 nights a week, and enjoy my family the rest.....seems like an even better trade off to me. For HC or Semi-HC raiders, I understand....but don't blame Blizzard, blame the legions of casuals that demanded the changes.