Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I can see the appeal of it, and I don't blame valve at all. Ive got 1300 hours on that game and it cost me about £15 which is pretty darn good. Personally i'm fine with waiting for drops and crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got items i want from achievements, every item also appear to come at the cost of losing something else, so in my opinion it doesn't effect me that much. It's not like you'll suddenly dominate a map just because you got that item.

Valve gives a lot to the community and they are making some extra money on small pieces of extra content that really doesn't effect the gameplay for those who don't buy anything, as you still acquire items from just playing. win, win situation.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    As most of the TF2 Community knows, Valve has added Micro-transactions to its very successful game. It basically allows people to spend real money on in-game items like Hats, Weapons, and so on. This has naturally created a issue in the TF2 Community. Items used to be gained from hard work, achievement hunting, or just plain luck. Now it is as simple as just spending 5 dollars and getting the same thing. People also think those who spent money on items are fools, and I've personally seen a group chewing a guy out for spending 10 dollars on a Hat.

Others just pray that other companies don't follow Valves example with this system.

This Comic Page worked rather well for the subject.
    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=300

What are your opinions on it?

My opinion is, to each their own. Those who earned the item before the patch got a vintage label on their item while those who bought it afterwards do not, which adds value to the older item. I personally have bought a few weapons myself that I just couldn't get to drop with the best of effort, and the prices were so low that it wasn't even worth complaint. The hats are still pricey, so if someone really wanted to spend real money on it, the hat would still be valuable.

And while it is a little off. Isn't the point of a actual hat to be worn and shown off? Sure it is a actual item, made of atoms and so on. But isn't a virtual hat following the same theory? Sure it isn't real, but if the person wearing it has more pride of the virtual hat than they ever did with the real one, is it a bad thing?
    If people want to buy something, who is anyone else to tell them what they can buy or not buy? I find people complaining about the Mann Co store to be absolutely ridiculous. No-one cares where you earned an item from, and if that's all that matters to you then you have a problem.

Plus, bought items can't be used for trading or crafting. And bought hats can't be used for trading, crafting or being painted.

They have the Mann store In the game so people won't sell Items becouse they also have Implemented the trading system.It's kind of like their way of stopping gold farming/selling on Wow except It's Tf2.If you do not wish to purchase It Is all good and fine but I think It Is a effcient way to put a end to all that bull ####.
    Last edited by D191t4l; 2011-03-17 at 10:05 PM. Reason: forgot to capitalize an I.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    I am aware, and like in MMOs, games that involve stealth and multiplayer are terrible and frustrating. Add in lag, and it's super frustrating. Not worth my time!
    That pretty much rules out 1/5 of all video games that have ever existed ever as being terrible and frustrated. Also, if you have a shitty internet connection or the server host is just bad it's not the game's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    I am aware, and like in MMOs, games that involve stealth and multiplayer are terrible and frustrating. Add in lag, and it's super frustrating. Not worth my time!
    Throw a jar of piss on them. problem solved