Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkur View Post
    You know, I've never really had a problem with Heroics in Cataclysm. Some were a little difficult on my Priest, but for the most part I've completed every instance I've entered. Most of my friends don't have too many stories of terrible PUGs. The generall consensus between us is that there are more successful PUGs than fail pugs, specially after the 15% Luck of the Draw Buff.

Now if you are consistently getting terrible, terrible groups, then you have to look for a common denominator that is making these groups fail. If every group is different to you, then that leaves one person that is in every single fail group. Turns out that person is you.

If every group you join fails, you may want to look at yourself for a minute. What could you do to make your PUG heroic group succeed? There are many answers to this question, and I suggest you figure them out before you hit that 'I' button again.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this post. It mirrors my own experiences in Cata heroics and gives some good advice. Try not to take the advise offensively and genuinely consider what you can do to improve your runs. Even as a dps (like myself) there are many things you can do.

The LFD System works as a nice reflection of how the general WoW playing crowd works these days.
    Just read the forum about the various idiotic reasons why people get kicked.
    A lot of people just assume that they are awesome and instead of helping other, they either flame or verbally destroy another player.
    Ofcourse it also works the other way around, advice is often ignored.

I know WoW has been around for so many years, but that doesn't mean that every player has been around for so long.

Monster Hunter addict

Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    It's like all the bads have come out of the woodwork to embrace the recent heroic nerfathon. Last night, I tried in vain to pug my random daily last night, and after 3 hours and 2 half completed dungeons later, I give up, choosing instead to solo bc instances for the sheer need to crush something between my paws.

The worst, was when we had a tank still in wrath epics, the dps kept standing in the fire and dying, and they blamed the heals and kicked him. When I pointed out that it wasn't his fault, hey ported out and slung insults at me. WTF is wrong with you ppl!!!
    The type of players to whom you are refering are I'm 99% sure not on MMO-Champ forums

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the LFD system that's bad. It's just a symptom of the disease that is the WoW community. WoW needs an introduction where you hear Alec Guinness' famous line, "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Omg lol, I should not be surprised that this was turned on me... "No no there are no bads, it's you!! All you!!"

I run pugs a lot, I have 5 toons to gear, I know the fights back to front, I reaserched all my toons, glyph gem and enchant correctly, don't stand in bad stuff and always ff.

Tbh there are a few pugs that are great. They run smoothly and everything works. But since the nerf, it just seems that everything has gone down the loo, ppl don't listen when you explain, and just think they can do whatever they want.

We had a Mage in one that popped timewarp on trash, just before a boss, then argued at us when we told him that was silly and we have a 10 min debuff, he said "I can cast it again in 5 minutes tho"

Gah, I'm not elitist, I'm just frustrated

Some Pug are actually really good. It's all about the quality of people that join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

i totally agreed with you ... this morning i pugged my daily heroic and damn it ! me ( hunter ) another BM hunter ench shammy . prot pally and priest ..tank / healer was pretty good .. the other dps ..wow lol i pulled 17k dps overall in Deadmines, the 2 other had like 5k and 6.5k .. on boss they pull around 8k max when i stand in the 17-18k , at the end the other hunter start to shit on me saying " too bad we carry a bad hunter " and leave .. rolf anyways someday youll get lucky other you wont .

Quote Originally Posted by Arteroot View Post
    Last week me and some friends wanted to do Stonecore HC, just because for some odd reason our guild hadn't done it with a guild group yet.
    We lacked a fifth member so we decided to queue for random and didn't mind what kind of person would join us.

A frost DK joined and this is where the funny part begins.
    All though he was fully PvE geared, he had no gems nor enchants or what so ever.
    He didn't say a word and for some odd reason he kept dying on every boss... Not to mention the trash just after the first boss.

He failed at every possible chance he got but he never whined or what ever.
    Released, ran back in and continued.
    I still don't know if he was just that stupid or just accepted that he wasn't a good player.
    Atleast we had a good laugh about it, best Stonecore run I ever had :P

Sounds like a bot

Also, Get rid of the DAM LFD TOOL! ffs worst idea ever!
    Last edited by Cepheid; 2011-03-08 at 02:51 AM.

Deleted
    The main thing about using the DF tool is the risk. There are good players and bad players, and you have the chance to meet either. You could have 10 fantasitc groups in a row and then 1 terrible group or, like the OP for example, you could have 10 terrible groups in a row that makes you wonder what the point of it all is.

I have had terrible groups, I have had to heal some players so terrible i wonder if my dog (German Shepard ftw) could do better than them, but i've also gotton to heal some really good players and had some really good fun runs with them. You take the risk as soon as you sign.

As for those trying to blame the OP and act as if he is the bad player, gtfo.

Edit: Though i can't help but feel you should have worded the first post a little differently

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Pugs can be bad. We don't need a thread about this everyday.