Today the tank called me stupid

for beaconing him in a heroic...so i wanted to ask, is it not general knowledge that the tank is the best target to beacon?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is, he's just bad.

You did the right thing. Always put beacon on the player that takes the most damage. The only time it could be otherwise is if you have massive amount of mastery to give Illuminated Healing to the tank. (Heals from Beacon of Light doesn't give IH)

10+ Year Old Account
    ... and remember to always tank in Frost pressence, because nothing ever changes.
    Nothing.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Some people use pugs to vent their frustrations with the world. Yesterday I lead the meters but had a tank tell me I should be doing an impossible amount of damage. Today I had a healer who was so busy filling the chat with complaints about "newbs" and "idiots" and micromanaging the tank, that we were forced to top-off with bandages and food. He did have a useful detail about a boss mechanic, but it was swept away by the needless nerdrage.

In short, if the tank really cared about making a valid critique he'd have explained it in a constructive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    In short, if the tank really cared about making a valid critique he'd have explained it in a constructive manner.
    I think this is pretty much true about the tank in my run, just kinda sad.

If a sentence starts with "Idiot", "LOL", "OMG!!", "RETARD!" it's a waste of time to continue reading..

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbubbe View Post
    You did the right thing. Always put beacon on the player that takes the most damage. The only time it could be otherwise is if you have massive amount of mastery to give Illuminated Healing to the tank. (Heals from Beacon of Light doesn't give IH)
    ...why would you have massive amounts of mastery? holy mastery = fail shield that doesn't stack....

there are very very few fights where mastery isn't terrible...

The times where it's good to have beacon on someone other than the tank, are for the most part in raids, on a boss with only 1 tank, and you are purely tank healing...and even then it might be worth it just to get holy power from ToR.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    ... and remember to always tank in Frost pressence, because nothing ever changes.
    Nothing.
    sure, things change...but in a heroic, beacon goes on the tank...the only difference for a pally healing a heroic from wotlk to cata, is that in wotlk you could ignore the tank, just heal the party and beacon would keep the tank at full health. Now, you have to actually cast a few heals on the tank...but who else would you have beacon on in a heroic?
    -yourself: Protector of the innocent takes care of that for the most part.
    -Ranged DPS: no
    -Melee DPS: eh...if you have one that really fails and is somehow taking almost as much damage as the tank, I suppose...but why do you have such a fail person in your group? and if somehow they failed that much...why are you even bothering to heal them?
    -Tank: only person left...so unless you are saying that holy pally shouldn't use beacon in a heroic, putting it on the tank is the only option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Irony was making a sarcastic comment to the tank that said you shouldn't put it on him.

But yea, some people in pugs are just venting, you know your class and you know what you are doing right and wrong, so just try to ignore those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was told that I needed to slow my DPS because I had high threat. Note: I DID NOT ever actual steal the threat, I was just coasting @ 90%~
    Survival is Key

Quote Originally Posted by b0wchicab0w0w View Post
    for beaconing him in a heroic...so i wanted to ask, is it not general knowledge that the tank is the best target to beacon?
    stupid tank, happens

People just like to complain.

I had a tank yell at my priest alt for letting him get below 50% hp. OPnce. At level 23. While he was wearing cloth (warr).

Thats why my main is a prot pally, screw bad tanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    ...why would you have massive amounts of mastery? holy mastery = fail shield that doesn't stack....

there are very very few fights where mastery isn't terrible...

The times where it's good to have beacon on someone other than the tank, are for the most part in raids, on a boss with only 1 tank, and you are purely tank healing...and even then it might be worth it just to get holy power from ToR.

sure, things change...but in a heroic, beacon goes on the tank...the only difference for a pally healing a heroic from wotlk to cata, is that in wotlk you could ignore the tank, just heal the party and beacon would keep the tank at full health. Now, you have to actually cast a few heals on the tank...but who else would you have beacon on in a heroic?
    -yourself: Protector of the innocent takes care of that for the most part.
    -Ranged DPS: no
    -Melee DPS: eh...if you have one that really fails and is somehow taking almost as much damage as the tank, I suppose...but why do you have such a fail person in your group? and if somehow they failed that much...why are you even bothering to heal them?
    -Tank: only person left...so unless you are saying that holy pally shouldn't use beacon in a heroic, putting it on the tank is the only option.
    I thought that was pretty obvious sarcasm.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree with the tank in your run, everyone in PuG's knows how to play your class WAY better than you do, and you must listen to all the advice they give, even the bits of advice that contradict the other advice they gave earlier, and if things go wrong when you're following their 'Advice' it's just cause you're a noob, moron, idiot etc and weren't following their advice correctly....

seriously though, people are idiots, and they use PuG's to make themselves feel better about how stupid they are. Like the Fire spec mage in my run earlier, who ONLY used Blizzard on AoE pulls, all the while tell ME to L2P, because I wasn't using Concentrate, ya know, the fire thing on the floor, Concentrate (that's a direct quote btw ) and when I called him out for using Blizzard as Firespec, telling him that Blastwave etc was WAY better Dps... he respecced frost and carried on just spamming blizzard....
    In short if people you TRUST, and respect the opinions of tell you to change something you're doing, all the while providing valid, up to date evidance as to WHY you should change what you're doing, then maybe you should consider it, if some random PuGtard shouts NOOB DO SUMMAT DIFFERENT FFS!!!1!!1!11, then tell him to fuck himself, put him on ignore, or just carry on regardless.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    it's a waste of time to play anyway, that's what wow is for.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the more reason why i don't pug.