10+ Year Old Account

Resto talent help/questions

Hey folks -- so I've been doing a bit of raiding and I can't seem to find where the best use of those spare floating talent points is.

My current spec is here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

I don't have nature's swiftness because it seems like my heals are fast enough that using the GCD to cast NS and then a heal is just saving half a second.

I don't have furor because I tend to not have mana issues (except for valiona and theralion. bleh).

I highly doubt I will be doing heroic raids.

At the moment we are a 10 man raid group. I'm not sure we'll ever get to 25 although that is the ultimate goal.

Any advice on talents to take/remove would be great. Any other advice would also be appreciated.

And yes, I'm aware my bracers are not ideal. Corla is stingy.

your spec looks alright to me. pretty much identical to mine, other than i've moved 1 point from GoTM over to genesis and the point in swift rejuv and put it in nature's bounty. i really havent found the GCD reduction from swift rejuv to be too terrible helpful since we aren't using the amount of rejuvs we did in Wrath.

if you raid with a shammy or priest healer then you might be able to get away without taking nature's cure, but otherwise i'd say to leave it in your spec. especially in a 10 man where the margin for error is a lot slimmer.

Gems:
    dont ever ever ever gem pure yellow gems. every single gem you have should have intellect in it. prefferably you should only be gemming for socket bonuses when the bonus is 20+ int and/or you need to satisfy your meta gem requirements. otherwise you are much better off with straight int gems.

Haste:
    you should either be working toward one of the haste caps, or dropping your haste back and stacking mastery after that. check the resto sticky for a link to the haste cap values. ideally you should go after the 21.4% WG breakpoint, otherwise a lot of people are stopping at the rejuv breakpoint. if you are casting a lot of direct heals, then mastery and haste are pretty much equal after breakpoints, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    your spec looks alright to me. pretty much identical to mine, other than i've moved 1 point from GoTM over to genesis and the point in swift rejuv and put it in nature's bounty. i really havent found the GCD reduction from swift rejuv to be too terrible helpful since we aren't using the amount of rejuvs we did in Wrath.
    Interesting choices. I'll have to toy around with those suggestions!

Gems:
    dont ever ever ever gem pure yellow gems. every single gem you have should have intellect in it. prefferably you should only be gemming for socket bonuses when the bonus is 20+ int and/or you need to satisfy your meta gem requirements. otherwise you are much better off with straight int gems.
    I've thought about that -- slightly concerned about passing up too many spirit bonuses if I lose too much combat regen. I didn't realize I had a pure haste gem in my helm. Ooopsy. I can look to see what bonuses I can tweak for some added int.

Haste:
    you should either be working toward one of the haste caps, or dropping your haste back and stacking mastery after that. check the resto sticky for a link to the haste cap values. ideally you should go after the 21.4% WG breakpoint, otherwise a lot of people are stopping at the rejuv breakpoint. if you are casting a lot of direct heals, then mastery and haste are pretty much equal after breakpoints, however.
    Yeah, I have a spreadsheet printed out. My haste is all screwed up because I got two upgrades in the last 2 raids and haven't had time to reforge back to breakpoints.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to look at what I can implement, especially in the gemming.

I take the point of out Nature's Bounty and put it in to Genesis. I never really found much of a benefit of the new Nature's Bounty and really only put it there as there isn't anywhere else to put it.