15+ Year Old Account

Question about first Valor Point purchase *Resto*

I've just racked up 1700 VP on my Druid and I'm wondering what I should snag as far as Resto goes. I want the biggest upgrade obviously, and this being my alt and still not knowing the class as well as my main, I thought I'd as here before blindly buying something and then realizing it was a mistake, because I wont be getting 1700 more VP on this character for a while since he only occasionally raids 10 mans.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ralan/advanced

^Armory link. What do you think? Which VP piece that I can buy would net the biggest upgrade? At first I was thinking the trinket; 321 Intellect plus a spirit on use cooldown every 2 minutes, that's pretty baller. But, then I thought about the effects that would have on the rest of my gear. I'd lose 285 Haste, which would require me to completely regem/reforge my gear because it would drop me below the haste breakpoint by far, and I like the extra tick from WG. Seems like it'd cause more trouble than good.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 01:58 AM ----------

No one?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Just looking at your gear, you can reforge over 100 points into haste. See if you can fiddle with that, 'cause 321 Intellect is pretty big.
    Do you get Dark Intent, by chance?

15+ Year Old Account
    As this is my alt, I don't run with a specific group for 10 mans. I just pug, so it's not 100% if I'll get DI or not.

I think I'd go with Core of Ripeness. It would be a big upgrade for you.

Otherwise I'd spend the VP on items that are considered possible BiS contenders.
    Stormrider's Handwraps
    Stormrider's Legwraps
    Fading Violet Sandals
    When I think about trees
    I hug myself

My first VP purchase was the boots as *I think* they're BIS next to the Chogall boots. Your armory has you in balance though so I can't help as much :/

Personally I don't care for that trinket as there are so many others available, like the DMF one you have. I was lucky enough to get the doll as my 34th nelf solve ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyzen View Post
    I think I'd go with Core of Ripeness. It would be a big upgrade for you.

Otherwise I'd spend the VP on items that are considered possible BiS contenders.
    Stormrider's Handwraps
    Stormrider's Legwraps
    Fading Violet Sandals
    I do agree with this reasoning, Core of Ripeness seems to be the best trinket for you at the moment, trinkets are really rather annoying to upgrade. Though the Handwraps are very very nice and when you get a set of them they might actually be more useful. So for the long run I would take the Handwraps or Legwraps (see if any of them drop in BH first, if they do don't buy that one and just do BH every week). For a quick upgrade get the trinket. But hey, that's my opinion and take on this.

If you raid BH 10 on him, dont worry about the gloves imo, but boots would probably be your biggest upgrade on account its the only piece that will give you pure haste. The trinket is ehh but thats just me.

So I would go...Boots, then gloves if you dont get them from BH, then after that, i wouldnt get the pants at all beause its crit, but get the rings / maybe trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Boots are BiS. They are also BoE. You have to decide if you want to buy them with gold or VP. The Cho ones are badly itemized, so you'll want them eventually.

The trinket will probably be your BiS unless you do arch. But, I would keep that haste until you have a bit more gear and can reach the cap without having to completely redo everything.

The only 2 backs you can get is from V&T and Nef. Depending on what you think you can get to that may be a good up too.

2 piece isn't that amazing. Offset gloves drop from Council and offset pants drop from Mal.

The ring is also good, other rings are Conclave(if you're lucky with enchantments), arch, or Cho.

So in the end, just look at what you can possibly kill in the future and then look at the biggest upgrades and base it off that.

Depends if you can see yourself killing Cho'gall anytime soon, or doing archaeology for Tyrande's trinket. I'm inclined to say boots since you can't get any better ones until sinestra.

15+ Year Old Account
    I already have the boots. I bought the trinket just now, but I'm 100 or so away from the 2005 haste breakpoint, so where can I get 100 haste? Anyone got any pointers?
    my armory is in the OP, and updated now in resto gear/spec

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I already have the boots. I bought the trinket just now, but I'm 100 or so away from the 2005 haste breakpoint, so where can I get 100 haste? Anyone got any pointers?
    If you're desperate for it, replace 20 haste/int gems with 40 haste ones.

Deleted
    imo don't go for the 2005 breakpoint if you can't reach it without losing too much int. in 10 mans mastery is a really good stat so you might consider going back to a lower haste breakpoint and reforging into mastery. esp since some of the easier accessable loots like magmaw bp don't provide any haste

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would support when changing int to haste would be food and flasks. When I was 1st getting to the cap I used the 225 haste elixir and 90 haste food to hit it and saw a large healing output upgrade from using the int flask and int food.

If you use WG off CD, in the end you don't want 40 haste gems, but 20int/20haste gems may still increase your healing even with the int loss.

It was a huge significant difference for me. I did the same thing on my alt druid and had the same healing increase even with the loss of int.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    JP legs or slabhide ring or Therazane ring. You will have to drop spirit to get to the haste plateau, which in your situation would be fine, I feel, as you are well over 2000 as it is. I would go for the legs personally, because they additionally have mastery, which you could reforge to spirit if you prefer.

I wouldn't gem straight haste, just because INT is so valuable, and I would not gem spirit or for spirit bonuses, unless it was to attain a haste breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    The only thing I would support when changing int to haste would be food and flasks. When I was 1st getting to the cap I used the 225 haste elixir and 90 haste food to hit it and saw a large healing output upgrade from using the int flask and int food.

If you use WG off CD, in the end you don't want 40 haste gems, but 20int/20haste gems may still increase your healing even with the int loss.

It was a huge significant difference for me. I did the same thing on my alt druid and had the same healing increase even with the loss of int.
    In the end though, the loss of int from the flask would be equal to the loss of int from gems. So really, it doesn't matter if you get your haste by flasking or gemming, the result is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but it's much easier to just use a different flask or food when you do hit the cap than to regem all your gear back to int.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, if I go to the haste breakpoint before 2005 and reforge extra haste to mastery for WG I'll need to know what the next one is. what is the previous haste breakpoint before 2005?

First haste point is 915.
    When I think about trees
    I hug myself