Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Shame this movie didn't won any oscars. Wasn't surprised that TS3 won for the best animation but was really disappointed that HTTYD didn't get an oscar for best music. The music was pretty unique and beautiful, especially Test Drive and Forbidden Friendship. Worse thing is how the Social Network won it - did that movie even have music?! Some random techno at some point...

When I first saw HTTYD's trailer in theater, I thought (like many others) it was an another crappy DW comedy movie. Even the crappy trailer supported my thoughts. With good reviews I eventually gave this movie a chance and it is now my favorite animated movie. Toothless is just darn cute and bromance with Hiccup is touchy and gets deep. I regret how long it took me to see this movie. I play the soundtrack everyday, Test Drive to make me feel happy and free and Forbidden Friendship to feel relaxed. Other pieces are nice too.

Deleted
    I was bound to watch it 'cuz of the vikings, good thing it turned out to be great.

RED was awesome too.

How to train your dragon was so good, I was completely in love with toothless and wanted my own dragon by the end.

This is a fabulous movie. The concept of this movie is pretty cool...I love the effects of this movie as well!!!!

How to Train Your Dragon was amazing. I work in a movie theatre and there have been alot of good kiddie movies this past year that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Despicable Me was another good one, as well as Megamind.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    I loved this movie too! I want my very own Toothless. Where can I get one?!
    i heard Wyrmrest Temple got lots of them!

anyway, i liked it too. and yeah, Tangled was good too. animates are awesome! like Avatar the Last Airbender.

The only thing I didn't care for was whoever they chose to voice the one main kid there, absolutely hated it and it just sounded wrong. Loved the rest of the movie though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Strangely, even at 22, I enjoyed it...
    Strangely, at almost twice your age, I enjoyed it too....? What does age have to do with anything?

I loved HTTYD. Watched it several times in theatres...kept trying to find friends that hadn't seen it, just so I could go again :-P Bought it on Blu-ray, and have since watched it god knows how many times. One of my absolute favs.

Why would you need to "justify" seeing it with your friends? It's an awesome movie.

It was a hit with my whole family, especially after the Tooth Fairy visited my daughter for the first time. Being called, "Toothless," made her day.

Deleted
    How to train your woman would've been a better idea for a movie

Deleted

[Movie] How To Train Your Dragon

Have any of you seen this movie? What do you think about it?

I think it's awesome!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged similar threads.

How to train your dragon is a wonderful movie. Toothless is adorable!

Deleted
    It really is a good movie I even read the book, but book is totally different (Toothless is actually toothless :P)

This and Tangled.

I'm 6'4, 275 lbs, and the girl at the cash looked at me in a weird way when I bought Tangled & How to Train Your Dragon (Tangled having a princess on the cover...). I'm 17 so it obviously wasn't for my daughter or something...

Anyhow, both movies are incredible and surprisingly good, I'd recommend to ANYONE. I literally laughed out loud more than once while watching Tangled, and How to Train Your Dragon was a one-of-a-kind experience.

ANYWAY...what was I saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    ANYWAY...what was I saying?
    You were saying how you felt that liking this movie and Tangled made you feel insecure in your manhood. Man up! Be proud you like these movies... admit you cry during emotional scenes... tell everyone how you wish you had a box of tissues with you so you didn't have to wipe your tears on your sleeve... although the rest of us will call you a sissy, we all deep-down feel the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Dragon was great. Aside from Rango, it was the best animated film I've seen in quite awhile. Tangled was good simply because it hearkened back to the glory days of Disney (Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, Aladdin) and mixed up the old 2D animation style with CGI. The story and songs weren't quite as addictive though... but still it was a good effort, best thing from Disney in awhile.

Deleted
    Watched this the other night on Sky Anytime and surprisingly I loved it! Great story line and Toothless is just adorable.