Deleted

Balance: Sudden dps drop ??

Well i've been a moonkin for a few expansions now so i have the needed experience. In this expansion i could hold 15-17k ish on a target dummy (fluctuations becuase of starsurge procs etc) this was without any buffs/food/flasks/trees/starfall.

Now tonight i noticed on chim hc that i was last dps (10 man) and i went to the dummy again and i couldn't get above 13.5k WITH a flask ...

I'm 100% sure my rotation is exactly what it has to be (on dummy without trees and starfall) and i just wondered if anyone else experienced this ?

Chim, I'd say issue could've been bad RNG on slime. Target dummy though, I was at 22-23k about 15 minutes ago. Two-dummy multi-dot rotation which is all I do anymore on dummies but everything seems as should be. All I can think is red gear / Resto off-set gear, or somesuch.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Need more info!
    What can you expect us to say to that ?no logs, no armory, no indication of buffs ? you missing a ret/bm/arcane thats 3% no ele shaman thats 4% Sp.

And no there is no stealth nerf, tonight i started and finished with about the same dps and that was also the same last last raid on thursday. (one boss fight) over about 80 wipes.

Most likey a missing buffs/player error/if starsuge procs have a big effect on dps then your sample size is too short.

As cal said, chim isnt a great fight, the whole miss thing can somewhat target you or leave you alone, a few dot refreshes missed costs a lot there

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called RNG. Moonkin is pretty RNG heavy.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    I've noticed this too. Like Bullzeyes I've changed nothing in my gear /rotation /buffs. Are you guys sure there's been no sneaky nerf?

It's called RNG. Moonkin is pretty RNG heavy.
    No, it's really not. You don't have to do many eclipse cycles on a dummy for your damage to converge to a fairly narrow band. The only thing that can typically skew the results is an adundance of eclipsed starsurge procs, in the very short run.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-03-14 at 10:49 AM.