Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Overclock to 4.6+ and you can get 60+ in Orgrimmar during busy hours. I can pull a constant 70-90 in Orgrimmar during peak hours on my server.
    Not with every single graphics option maxed out at 1920x1080 or bigger monitor unless your realm is exceptionally dead.

Note that I'm not saying the game wouldn't run fast enough. 30fps+ is totally fine. I'm just saying that people who tell they have everything maxed and can keep 60fps+ everywhere are lying.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not with every single graphics option maxed out at 1920x1080 or bigger monitor unless your realm is exceptionally dead.

Note that I'm not saying the game wouldn't run fast enough. 30fps+ is totally fine. I'm just saying that people who tell they have everything maxed and can keep 60fps+ everywhere are lying.

Yes, with every single graphics option on Ultra at 1920x1080 I can pull 70-90 fps in Orgrimmar with hundreds of people around me. I'll take a screenshot tonight at 7pm when everyone is on just for you. If I push past ultra for higher custom values, I drop to 60 or so.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Stay clear of Gigabytes x58 ud3r board, piece of shit in most cases.
    Had a rev1.0 board running a 920@4.2Ghz for almost a year now, with zero problems on it. You may have had an isolated incident with your board for whatever reason (bad batch, bad revision, bad installation, accidental damage), but theres no need to go claiming they're all shit.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post

I regularly stay pegged at 60 fps even on my 18 month old Core i7 920, Radeon HD 4850, with everything maxed, even running in windowed mode (borderless) at 1920x1080 (also driving another monitor at 1920x1200), in Org on a busy night. Vanilla WoW would run on a Duron 700 Mhz and the core engine has hardly changed much in 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Had a rev1.0 board running a 920@4.2Ghz for almost a year now, with zero problems on it. You may have had an isolated incident with your board for whatever reason (bad batch, bad revision, bad installation, accidental damage), but theres no need to go claiming they're all shit.
    I have a similar setup w/ a i7 920 @ 4.0 Ghz and a Gigabyte EX58-UD4P rev 1.0 motherboard with 0 issues since building my system.
    Last edited by pacapaca; 2011-03-08 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    Dual Xeon SR2 setup with quad SLi running maxed settings wont do what some of you say you get. Unless you are hiding in the corner behind the AH you will not get over 60 fps with a couple of hundred players buzzing around you. In 25 man raids you will see your minimum FPS during combat and your maximum before pulls yet people like some of you in this thread and others before it are so exclusive you get over 60 fps constant in 25 man raids....yeah sure you do^^

@ OP, To play wow at what you think is good you have a whole range of hardware starting at the likes of Phenom II x4 955 all the way up to i7 2600k that will net you ultra settings minus the obvious stuff and return minimum fps of 24 for the Phenom and 40 ish for the i7 2600k. Now add in the price you are willing to pay and if you can afford it get the i5 2500k as it performs the same as the afore mentioned i7 at a lower price if not get a Phenom II x4 as these are what i consider best bang for buck when it comes to wow with the i5 2500k far superior but more expensive and the Phenom far cheaper but gets the job done. All the other stuff in between is just fluff as the performance does not change a whole lot until you get up to the 2500k. Happy Shopping

Edit: The examples giving above are with no overclocks and based on having ample hardware to support the CPU's mentioned.
    Last edited by mmoc436a444510; 2011-03-08 at 05:40 PM.