Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't particularly have a problem with t7(t3) because it is called PLAGUEHEART and it looks completely fitting. Everything in BC was wonderful and tier 10 has several skulls and looks badass in any of the three colors it comes in. The pvp sets have never found a deep place in my heart, but that's not really my sport anyway... But yeah t11 looks like leatherface mixed with a bad accident invloving a giant fish hook. But, to each their own.

Sadly, this is pretty much the result of too much caffine from an overworked college graduate currently unable to play. I just get irked every time I see "NEW LOCK SET!" on the front boards and go "YESS-aaaawwwhatthehell?" If anyone wants to put it on the main site, go ahead- my card is currently up.

@ People referencing T8. It *almost* doesn't count because of putress. Yes, we all (or just me) thought it was cool to walk around dalaraan screaming "DEATH TO THE SCOURGE! DEATH TO THE LIVING!" at the top of our lungs, but it almost seemed to be a kneejerk reaction when blizzard accidentally made the the warlock equivalent of Boba Fett. Hell there were alliance locks timidly asking their computers at the end of that sequence "Can... can I join?", and hell, most of the undead warlocks/mages were honest to god expecting an option to change their affiliation (at least for a few weeks, pending plot) so we could finally start setting fire to members of our guild who needed a good burning. In short, as awesome as T8 was, it almost belittled one of the awesomest/craziest straight canon warcraft characters to ever see the light of day because we are horribly dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drewfasta View Post
    It's not often that I whine about anything not stat or nerf related- really, even the casual cries of "Moar green fire" aren't something I typically subscribe to. However, at this point... I'm tired of a certain trend that the art department has taken with our gear. I'd *hoped* that this would pass with wrath, but already by the sets granted to us in Cata, it's clear we have to say something.

First of all, let's take a moment to look back to the past, and see exactly how far our fashion sense has fallen. Journey with me, fellow hellcallers into the yesteryear, to our old visage. First on our list- Tier 2, also called "Nemesis" (Pictured here- http://home.tiscali.nl/interphase/images/yreall4.jpg)

Let's take a look at the simplicity of the design, and how honestly pimping it is. The eyes, how they glare at you with the tiny little facial mask. The horns are big- yet not too cartoon-esque. The skull? Perfection in a helm. There's a reason this thing made a comeback with the Ony reboot. I can actually remember a day when I was young, level 55, having just gotten my felguard as 2.0 hit... and running like HELL every time I saw a gnome wearing this in WSG. Even in the smallest of our locky breatheren, it inspired fear in a way that few sets have.

Moving on to TBC we start off our glory days with the beauty of Voidheart (pictured here http://www.locksucks.com/wp-content/...eart-tier4.jpg). While cartoony in some ways, its hard to ignore the GIANT WELL OF BLACKNESS EMANATING FROM THE CASTERS VERY SOU- ok. Whew. Sorry, had to calm myself there. But the point is there, as "strange" as it was, it actually took one of our iconic pets and made it look like WE SKINNED THEM. Which is very appropriate to any raider- a voidwalker is good for nothing but a hat. Take note.

Finally, the two Cadillacs of the warlock tribe. The twin hellions known only as Corrupter (http://www.locksucks.com/wp-content/...ptor-tier5.jpg) and Malefic Raiment (http://worldofweirdcraft.net/wp-cont...warlock-t6.jpg). To describe either one of them seems a sin- my laptop's keyboard has turned into shark teeth, willing to snip at my fingers for even attempting sane discussion of the two. The first is quite simply one of the more perfect warlock sets we've ever seen. It's simple. It's black. There are skulls on spikes. The beauty it conveys is on par with that of a baby's first breath, or some poor bastard paladin's last. The only criticism that has been dolled onto it is in that it's helm *kind* of looks like dog genetilia. Which I find intimidating in it's own way, but (ow, goddamn demon keyboard) moving on.

And of course, tier 6 can only be described as orgasmic. Not because of the purple on yellow, as the art team seems to believe... but because of the wings. Oh gods yes, the wings. Many a man has trudged back to the cold, bleak outlands, doing "Achievement Runs" simply to GET. THOSE. WINGS. They spawned an entire subculture of simply INSULTING them- "Oh, welfware wings. GG SL/SL." were the battle cries of the weak and feeble, those poor mortals who had gazed upon our glorious wingspans.

Yes, these were our golden years.

And what have they brought us?
    TEARS (http://feldeeds.files.wordpress.com/...de_warlock.jpg)
    What the hell is that? Am I a warrior now? Do i need to be bladed? Last time I checked, I summoned demons- any attachments to my armor should help that or intimidate. Not be useful in a melee situation simply because "it might put an eye out."

SHAME (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...r10warlock.jpg)
    I can't even start on this one. All I can say is that my voicemail is filled to the brim with some group who call themselves "Death Eaters" whining that we stole their stupid, stupid hats.

And finally OPEN WEEPING ( http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...13_warlock.jpg)
    Yes. We know it was a throwback. We also know it's a throwback to that poor time in vanilla when you DRESSED US UP LIKE STORMTROOPERS IN A PRIDE PARADE.

And lo, it is to continue-
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...k_female_m.jpg
    Thank god for the giant, lopsided horns. I didn't need to turn to the right that much anyway.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...10_warlock.jpg
    I think what bothers me about this is that they managed to fit in skulls AND green fire, and somehow still make me hate it. I've puked colors that have had more dark flair than this, and I have also puked exactly this color several thousand times in my life.

Just to illustrate the difference here-
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...13_warlock.jpg
    -Says, I occasionally dabble in the black arts, but really I believe that we can change the world for the better, no matter what the color of our magic is.

http://www.locksucks.com/wp-content/...ptor-tier5.jpg
    -Says, Mmm, I think I'll have murder for breakfast.

My request is simple- stop clicking the "random color" button on your palette and get back to our roots. Black baby, PAINT. IT. BLACK. Not purple! Not dark pink! Not bright frigging yellow!

BLACK. Preferably with RED TRIM.

And god knows you've given all the skulls to the death knights, but can you find it in your heart to spare us a couple next time? By next expansion our tier set will be nothing but a bloody tie-dye shirt and the helm will be a crown of flowers, one hand raised in a "peace" symbol. Quit turning us into hippy druids, you weak fools. And we swear to god, if we see one giant pink crystal floating above EITHER shoulder, we'll see it as an act of war and start taking over strategic art department held buildings and oil refineries.
    I LOL'd so much - Cos its Sooooo True. I don't play my lock anymore out of spite for the vile (not in the good sense) gear i'd have to endure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a Warlock, but I agree...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joumasepoes View Post
    sais the paladin...
    Oi. I wasn't saying it in an insulting way. Just the way the entire structure of the post sounded like the OP had a very flamboyant voice.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

There's still hope. You'll notice that any "awesome" sets you linked were from at least the second tier of raiding in their respective expansion - we've only seen the first tier so far. Good luck, locks! I want them to be badass, too.

That said, I did enjoy the way you presented your argument. :P And yes, I consider lock T5 to be the epitome of any class set, ever. Pally T2's a close second for me.

Also: I thought T3 looked a lot more like the sand raiders than the storm troopers. HEH

Quote Originally Posted by drewfasta View Post
    Sadly, this is pretty much the result of too much caffine from an overworked college graduate currently unable to play. I just get irked every time I see "NEW LOCK SET!" on the front boards and go "YESS-aaaawwwhatthehell?" If anyone wants to put it on the main site, go ahead- my card is currently up.

@ People referencing T8. It *almost* doesn't count because of putress. Yes, we all (or just me) thought it was cool to walk around dalaraan screaming "DEATH TO THE SCOURGE! DEATH TO THE LIVING!" at the top of our lungs, but it almost seemed to be a kneejerk reaction when blizzard accidentally made the the warlock equivalent of Boba Fett. Hell there were alliance locks timidly asking their computers at the end of that sequence "Can... can I join?", and hell, most of the undead warlocks/mages were honest to god expecting an option to change their affiliation (at least for a few weeks, pending plot) so we could finally start setting fire to members of our guild who needed a good burning. In short, as awesome as T8 was, it almost belittled one of the awesomest/craziest straight canon warcraft characters to ever see the light of day because we are horribly dumb.
    I could give a shit less about Putress and the wrathgate. Doesn't make the set look any less absolutely incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Kudos to Ren's song. I like it.

OT: I'm not a Lock but I agree with you 100%. I Lol when I see a Lock in tier gear. "Whats that? You have full heroic t11? Oh ha I'm sorry you just look so stupid that idc. Moving on..."

If Blizz developers only read one forum post ever again this should be it!

well written !!! and 100% pure truth! totally aggree, but most sets lately has been kinda stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    Kudos to Ren's song. I like it.

OT: I'm not a Lock but I agree with you 100%. I Lol when I see a Lock in tier gear. "Whats that? You have full heroic t11? Oh ha I'm sorry you just look so stupid that idc. Moving on..."
    There aren't too many locks running around if full 372 tier. But I do feel the same way when I see a hunter walking around. That might be the worst tier set ever. A skittle colored fish outfit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you hated on T3/7, 9 horde, and 10

completely ignored the masterpiece that was t8.

Your opinion is no longer valid.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I agree, but more so I want to see cloth that actually looks like cloth.

T5-T6 was warlock tier in its prime.

Why are you against purple?

It's your class color. Black + purple + flaming demonic skulls = sex in a hand basket.

I also thought the t10 looked awesome.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

I just find it funny that locks are getting upset because their tiers aint the best looking any more. Get over hit, your time in the sun is gone. And beside most of the tiers like horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    well written, i do agree at one part and the other

but you do know that the pic on the frontpage is just the pvp-set ... so who cares
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

http://www.locksucks.com/wp-content/...ptor-tier5.jpg

This tier was a masterpiece. Anything else will look pale in comparison.

I feel that many of the item graphics in the past years have been done like mass products on a Chinese assembly line. It's quantity over quality. The amount of recycling done is massive and people have been complaining about it for a long time. Someone used to make truly unique looking designs for this game. To pick an example: the warlock demon form graphics are only decent because it is based on a very well made Illidan model. All the lazy changes done to that fantastic starting point model almost managed to make it look bad. It's like the designer had zero interest in making it look cool and just wanted it to be "done" so he quickly splashed black and purple paint on it like a 12 year old and cut the huge curved horns to these tiny straight spikes because he couldn't be arsed to make them look cool in a different looking way.

All the on going content recycling of course gives them a good excuse to also recycle the old item models "to feel true to the old content", maybe with a little splash of different paint that takes 5 minutes at most. Much of the new stuff looks like it was made in a hurry. I have to give credit for how all the new zones have looked in the past years. I have been happy with the graphics done for them. I wish the item graphics weren't going downhill.

Deleted
    SHAME (http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...r10warlock.jpg)
    I can't even start on this one. All I can say is that my voicemail is filled to the brim with some group who call themselves "Death Eaters" whining that we stole their stupid, stupid hats.
    I really love this set. I still have it in my bags!