For those following Tera, opinions please.

I can't post links so for those that care to, go to Tera Fans, General Forum, topic named Possible art change for Elin race.

That is a topic on a Tera fansite regarding outrage toward a possible art change for a race known as the Elin. Those of you following this game are probably aware of what they are. I am posting this here because I am curious how people outside of that little clique of a fansite feel. On Tera Fans, people seem to be of the opinion that there is nothing overly sexual about these child-like looking Elin wearing high heels and stockings with their panties hanging out. As you can probably gather from my last statement, I think it is awfully disturbing for someone to be upset that they may change the art so that you can't see upskirt anymore on what looks like a 12 year old hooker character.

I'm usually not one for censorship or changing things in a game because a certain crowd doesn't like it, but in the end if the gameplay isn't really going to change, I don't care that much. What bothers me is how fervently people are fighting the idea of this art change(Some threatening to even quit if they change the armor to cover up the panties). Thoughts?

I'm usually not one for censorship or changing things in a game because a certain crowd doesn't like it, but in the end if the gameplay isn't really going to change, I don't care that much. What bothers me is how fervently people are fighting the idea of this art change(Some threatening to even quit if they change the armor to cover up the panties). Thoughts?
    Some major overreacting there. Although last time I looked at said Elin in their wardrobe... I thought to myself that lolies + West + skimpy outfits might not agree with some people. In all fairness it was a little too much. But then again light and heavy armor sets aren't that bad it's just mainly cloth sets and mainly because they don't seem to wear anything but just panties or super mini skirts. Here's the example of cloth.

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/render...ale/popori-fr/

And others.

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/render...popori-female/
    Last edited by Talorh; 2011-03-08 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added stuff
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

/shrug in wow they have plate bacinies

tera looks like win i think the character design for all the races is prty dam sweet..if u dont well dont play it when it comes out

but tbh i prolly wont have an elin as my main so it doenst worry me either way, id prolly have either a fem castanic warrior or a male castanic slayer

Uncanny valley says hello. That thing looks like it wants to eat my brains.

In fact, when pedofiles are arrested, they should be tied to chairs in front of giant monitors with the slideshow of these whatever the hell they are. Guaranteed aversion therapy, a'la Ludovico Technique.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

That thing is goddamn creepy!
    Herring seeks your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchlol View Post
    That thing is goddamn creepy!
    Ye... I think that's the creepiest screenshot there. Most of them are not that bad. Plus these screens are pretty old.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

15+ Year Old Account
    And when this goes live, how many creepy fan pictures will come out?

I am glad to see how passionate you guys are, so I wanted to clarify my statement about the elin, however I am afraid the answer is pretty underwhelming. The only planned change for the elin is that we will be adding colored tights to a few of the armor models. That's it, most of the armor models won't even change. While this change is worked on we have disabled the race from the upcoming Community Play Event but I assure you the elin will be back and playable by our live service. We will also be adding cool new content surrounding the elin and their history to the website, so look for that coming soon.
    Wont be changed

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep discussion in the existing thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/863135-Tera-Online