Poll: Does Extensive WoW Make You Dumber?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If anything, the act of playing WoW only makes you smarter. You follow directions, memorize formulas, and actively think about armor setups and what you are going to do. Raid leaders and Guild masters work to lead a group of people, etc

Deleted
    It depends who you play with and what you do/talk about when you're playing

Not sure but i know it makes you really bad at action type games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    You perhaps.
    Just call me stupid to my face next time, rephrasing it as a response to the question doesn't make your comment any more clever, but it does make you as much of a troll as you are a flamer.

gaming improves hand-eye coordination

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    Not sure but i know it makes you really bad at action type games.
    I've actually noticed I'm better at action type games after doing serious raiding. I think the hardest content in WoW is actually more challenging than most games.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    gaming improves hand-eye coordination
    Most def, does that indirectly improve intelligence though? I'm not sure.

Playing a game will not cause brain damage/memory loss, staring at a computer monitor for hours on end will cause eye damage how ever.

look at wow now and wow in the past, we must be getting dumber for the game to have to be this much easier.

you can be creative and smart in WoW if you wanna, like, dont read up tacs, try to figure them out through wipes and such, and then stop up and think "hmm, what went wrong, and how do we prevent it?". that kind of thinking makes you smart.
    advanced PvP can also demand brain, for tacs, coordination and such.
    Soloing can, if you go for the extreme kind, also demand alot, like the rogue who did Patchwerk on 25man, he used alot of time on planning it.
    really, you only get dumber by playing WoW if you dont do something that demands some little brain.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    look at wow now and wow in the past, we must be getting dumber for the game to have to be this much easier.
    lololol.
    old times was cake, the bosses had really easy tacs, like, some of them had two mechanics you should watch out for. Karazhan was amazingly easy, compared to now.

I would say no, at least directly. If you would fill the time with other mental exercises, yes. But it definitely does things for your vocabulary, several times I have won a scrabble game (lolscrabble) from a word I learned in wow. Not to mention theorycraft can be pretty good for your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    You might be confusing challenge with grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    my eyesight is terrible now.
    ^ This. But, in terms of intellect, I picked the first option. I enjoy the theorycrafting, number crunching side of the game a great deal. Also, the strategic aspect of end game content must be intellectually stimulating in some way. It is certiantly far more stimulating than watching TV, which is a passive experience. Studies have also shown video gamers have generally improved hand-eye coordination and are more apt at recognizing a particular object in a field of numerous objects.

i say
    wUT?
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.