Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which MMO am I going to play?

I played wow extensively from late vanilla to late wrath (about a month before Cata). I was 11/12 ICC 25 H and 12/12 10 ICC 10 H etc, so I would call myself a rather hardcore gamer in the MMO sense. Now I am looking to play another one. I have not tried the Rift beta which is why I am hesitant about jumping into that, so basically right now it is down to should I pick up Cata or go for Rift? Are there any other MMOs that are GOOD?
    Last edited by shawnhath; 2011-03-08 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    I played Rift, didn't really like it. Mainly because it's exactly like WoW which kinda annoyed me.
    No point going to one game to another game that's pretty much a mirror image.
    But anyway, I'd say get Cataclysm.

Deleted
    I would try Cataclysm at least.
    After that you can do what i do, sit and wait for Tera to be released ^^

I should note I quit wow mainly due to being bored with ICC towards the end of wrath. Is there anythign to do end game wise other than sit around between raids now?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnhath View Post
    I should note I quit wow mainly due to being bored with ICC towards the end of wrath. Is there anythign to do end game wise other than sit around between raids now?
    Level arch. Which is worse then fishing...
    Im playing rift which i find more fun then wow but i have yet to reach the endgame.
    MMO's i am keeping my eye on are TERA and GW2. IMO SWTOR videos make it look clunky and boring so until i actually get my hands on it i cannot judge it

Any one else have any other recommendation? I guess its down to rift vs wow for myself.

Well both are good in all fairness. Only reason I stopped playing wow was because my raiding comm died and there was very little in the way of choice for other guilds on my server with even close progression so I was left with server transfer or rift.. Rift was cheaper and so far I am happy with my choise :P

well P2P theres not much options right now besides rift or wow. F2P depends what your looking for

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata is fun man. I was in the same boat as you. Well I was halfway through H ICC 25 and in July I had some stuff come up and quit WoW until the week before Cata hit. i've been having a blast playing it. I played Rift in beta for 4 events and it was ok, but I got pretty bored of it honestly. I would log in and do a few quests and then rift and then I'd be like screw this and log onto WoW and pvp/raid/lvl an alt and had a lot more fun. Plus I'm really enjoying this raid tier. The fights are a blast to me. Plus playing in Vanilla it was a lot of fun seeing the changes to the old zones and finally getting to see those locked out zones that we weren't supposed to go to before. And now I'm leveling up alts and haven't had this much fun questing since I leveled my first toon way back then.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

I was 11/12 ICC 25 H and 12/12 10 ICC 10 H
    lol 11/12 ICC 25 HC isnt hardcore, i was pugging that on my server. 12/12 is a bit different

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    lol 11/12 ICC 25 HC isnt hardcore, i was pugging that on my server. 12/12 is a bit different
    Constructive post now do you have any mmo to suggest him try or is that all you came to say

Quote Originally Posted by MrProper View Post
    Yea I bet your server was pugging it before the 20% buff I have server first Kil'jaeden, server first yogg 0 and server first Illidan as well, I guess I am just a casual.

Anyway I am leaning towards Cata, but has anyone here made it to Rift endgame yet and played wow relatively alot as well?

Anyway I am leaning towards Cata, but has anyone here made it to Rift endgame yet and played wow relatively alot as well?
    Well im only 44 in rift but from what i hear its expert dungeons are like how hard heroics were in cata when everyone was undergeared, the raid instance only had 1 boss down but it got buffed after that happened

I cannot answer your question because I am unable to see the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy Cata, if you got bored by Icc you will NOT enjoy cata raiding. It is even more boring.
    Rift is fun, but I would go for Starcraft II (which I play now). I know it's not a mmo, but it is very challenging and has AMAZING graphics and lore. The characters are nice and you kinda' get to know them throughout the campaign.

Deleted
    LoL is always there. Good way to spend some time. Not grindy nor time consuming. Involves skill, intuition, game mechanics knowlege, reflexes, and has short (30-45min) games, which you can enjoy without the need of leveling up nor gearing a specific char up, because after each game you can pick a different hero to play with on the next.

I've given up on most mmos except LoL, mostly due to their grindy nature (wow included).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    LoL is always there. Good way to spend some time. Not grindy nor time consuming. Involves skill, intuition, game mechanics knowlege, reflexes, and has short (30-45min) games, which you can enjoy without the need of leveling up nor gearing a specific char up, because after each game you can pick a different hero to play with on the next.

I've given up on most mmos except LoL, mostly due to their grindy nature (wow included).
    I loled. Not grindy?

-get to level 30 (takes tiiiime)
    - buy champions you like ( takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)
    - get 3 runepages so you can shine with your champions (takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    I loled. Not grindy?

-get to level 30 (takes tiiiime)
    - buy champions you like ( takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)
    - get 3 runepages so you can shine with your champions (takes tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime)
    i lol'd as well.

-Why should you get to level 30 to have fun? I'm 10 only atm and I'm having a blast.
    -You can either purchase them instantly with RP or unlock them with IP, and some are very very cheap and others have special discounts from time to time. if you're dead set on getting someone you can always save the IP you gather and you'll get him eventually. Not to mention each week there is a set of free characters available, and usually by the time you try them the week ended
    -Why bother? Just to have an extremely slight advantage? Sure you can, you're not forced, the loss ain't big. It's not like wow, if you miss something you dont lose much. But if you insist on getting those there's always the option to spend RP and get them instantly.

(LoL is free, RP=Riot Points(pay money to get them), IP=Influence points(get them steadily after each battle).)

cata raiding is way funner then all of wrath, bosses are hard and fun to learn. Heroic mods are a beast atm on 10 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    i lol'd as well.

-Why should you get to level 30 to have fun? I'm 10 only atm and I'm having a blast.
    -You can either purchase them instantly with RP or unlock them with IP, and some are very very cheap and others have special discounts from time to time. if you're dead set on getting someone you can always save the IP you gather and you'll get him eventually. Not to mention each week there is a set of free characters available, and usually by the time you try them the week ended
    -Why bother? Just to have an extremely slight advantage? Sure you can, you're not forced, the loss ain't big. It's not like wow, if you miss something you dont lose much. But if you insist on getting those there's always the option to spend RP and get them instantly.

(LoL is free, RP=Riot Points(pay money to get them), IP=Influence points(get them steadily after each battle).)
    Pick shaco and try to jungle with him at your level, then try to gank at lvl 3 before the 5min mark.
    you do need a runebook to dominate. and real gaming starts at level 30.

thats like not caring to level up & gear up in wow
    competitive games = ranked games, and you need lvl 30 to play in them and if you dont have a full runebook backing you up your in for a tough time ^^

OT: Id go with cata.
    i played rift, its impressive really but after a while i got bored.
    WoW is still the best MMO there is imho
    Last edited by mmocd0e843edf6; 2011-03-11 at 07:31 PM.