Thread: Best Race,

Deleted

Best Race,

Probably been brought up a hundred times i wonder if someone can link me too the dps increases for the different races and which is best,

Destro lock mainly

also if you are goblin are you using your rocket barrage when its up?

Deleted
    The best dps increase I would have thought is Orc, if you're on about being horde. The pet damage is pretty big, considering how much our pets do in each spec. Also the spellpower trinket racial. Though, I guess the Goblin haste is nice if you're just short of the 30% haste raid buffed for destro. Will take the haste you need from 2589 to 2437, which frees up some other stats for you. All depends on gear.
    I'd still say Orc personally.

Once you go Troll you never go back.

The Rocket Barrage also isn't particularly useful any more. They heavily reduced the amount of damage it does with the 4.0.6 patch; now it only barely hits harder than Fel Flame does.

Once you go Troll you never reroll! :3
    ^ Not mine ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Once you go Troll you never go back.
    Nononono bro, it's "Once you go troll, you never reroll"
    "The truth, my goal."

Golbin does not have haste! It's 1% increase of attack and casting speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Snookeys View Post
    Golbin does not have haste! It's 1% increase of attack and casting speed!
    It's 1% haste. It functions exactly like haste does in all respects, and I can say from personal experience that you get the extra immolate tick at the exact time you'd expect to get it if it were 1% haste.

Its 1% increases haste not just... Oh I have 15.5% haste and now I went goblin I have 16.5% its more.

Either way Orc procs to bring more overall dps with how much our pets are doing compared to our personal dmg.

Yes goblin at certain points in gearing is MORE dps because you can get 2437 haste vs 2589 easier, but once you hit that 2589 or so orc becomes better once again.

I could see goblin being better in a later tier when we have even more haste and (probably playing afflic due to retarded haste levels) it will scale better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Goblin. Was orc before. Hardly noticed any DPS loss.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

TobiasX has it pretty much. However the DPS change is at max 300 DPS, when we are doing over 20k DPS most oft he time if your geared and play well, it's 1.5% or less of a change. However as has been said, the haste breakpoints are a MASSIVE boost in DPS and would push Goblin to be ontop till you get the 2.5k haste point, in which orc jumps ahead again.

As has been said before, just go what race you feel looks best and if you like the lore all the better.

I personally went from Undead to Goblin for a few months (swapped as soon as I could from undead to goblin) and found the DPS to be good, but as I'm 90% of the time the demo buff bot, I decided to make the change to a more tailored race for that spec and went fem Orc (hate male orc massive shoulders, always have). I noticed a DPS increase over the weeks where I have yet to get a gear upgrade, though that may be cos I'm learning tricks to boost DPS also and fasdter boss kills cos of better raid DPS. Either way for me being demo, Orc is a nice DPS boost.

dwarf hands down

Deleted
    Rocket barrage is on the gcd and makes low damage. Fel flame > rocket barrage while running (though rocket jump is nice to get in safety).