Poll: Do you think enhance shamans should be buffed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Exclamation Do you think enhance shaman should be buffed?

Choose one from above, and explain why u chose so.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see any poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Can't see any poll.
    Sorry just fixed that

10+ Year Old Account
    The upcoming de-coupling of flame nova from fire totems is a step in the right direction. Our damage is quite good single target...I think this will give us a viable aoe option that isn't so damn clunky which, really, is all we need.
    "Brevity is...wit"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    The upcoming de-coupling of flame nova from fire totems is a step in the right direction. Our damage is quite good single target...I think this will give us a viable aoe option that isn't so damn clunky which, really, is all we need.
    Not to mention that it gives Enhance another button to push during the dead spots in the rotation on single target.

Deleted
    Personally I think windfury should oneshot every other class excluding human retribution paladins with a LOTR inspired name.

15+ Year Old Account
    enhancers are great, they don't really need a damage buff, they have awesomeness elsewhere.

Well for enh shamans double purge nerf was a bit kick in the balls, having some not fun(maybe nor really underpowered) consequences.

Only thing- need something against hunters, because there is nothing you can do against them( except wolves ofc)- against frost mages there is that low cd interrupt that makes them icelance spam and it is not as effective anymore, against hunters there is just nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Not to mention that it gives Enhance another button to push during the dead spots in the rotation on single target.
    As far as I understand the Nova will not damage the target with the flame shock on it...so in a true single target scenario where there is no add near the boss I'm not sure we will actually be pressing it. I could be wrong though. I usually use the dead zone in the rotation to scratch my nose.
    "Brevity is...wit"

We're fine, can compete well in PvP and are ok in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    it doesn't affect the target with flameshock so no, it doesn't give another button to push in dead spots, unless they have changed it in a PTR build that i'm not aware of.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

I think shaman dps in general should be buffed, they haven't been anywhere close to OP in this expansion as either Ele or Enh. Perhaps giving them stronger white hits as Enh and boosting their SP as Ele would fix this? I'm not a shaman expert, but I can tell that they're not doing so great. :3

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe we could use a small buff.... As other people get better gear their DPS gets impressively better.... where as Enh Shaman when we get gear our dps plateaus, then slowly increases, then plateaus, then slowly increases.... For ever 1 piece of gear upgrades other people get... we have to match the changes with 5 pieces.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion Enhancement dps is really in an oke place as it is.
    I just think people aren't good enough if they pull low dps. I've had a discussion about this in the close past aswell, where the opinions were spread.
    If you can't pull a nice amount of dps as an enhancement shaman, you're just doing something wrong.
    People claim that Enhancment can't compete with other classes dps.
    Not true at all.
    I am usually first or second on the meters, and then thinking I'm one of the shittier geared dps in my guild.
    Enhancement has really bad AoE at the moment, but I think that's also because we had one of the best steady long AoE in WotLK, and nerfed that to the ground, which will be fixed in 4.1 I hope.
    That doesn't stop our usefullness in raids, we got thé best interrupt in game atm, better than any of the other shamans aswell. We don't have to interrupt our casts to interrupt so we don't lose dps either.

The only thing that could be buffed is the survivability shamans lack atm.

I've been playing a ret paly as my main for all the current raid content and have just gotten my enh shaman to 85 and raid geared - led an alt/F&F raid this past weekend and we went 5/12 with me typically toping or matching with a hunter of equal gear level (we were probably the lowest geared also). Given I'm still slightly new to enh dps but I was typically pulling 14-17k on the majority of the fights we did (gimicks and lack of dps time aside) but there was one thing I noticed that seemed to be lacking coming from a ret to enh - personal CDs - both offensive and defensive. For ret - we have Divine Protection - 20% dmg (40% magic glyphed) which is off the GCD as well making it really nice to pop in the middle of our rotation for varous aoes/crackles on nef/etc - it might be a really small point but it would be nice to have shamanistic rage off the GCD in a similar fashion. For offensive - ret paladins have 3 major CDs that they use, and the difference between a good a great ret (aside from following the simple priority list) it knowing when to blow what CDs - but for enh shamans it's pretty simple to just use wolves as much as possible in a fight (lining it up with trinkets/BL/gimick phases should be a given), it just makes it feel like the class has less of a "BURST ON" button compared to ret. And before people start the whole "don't make classes the same" argument, I'm just saying that either a change to shamanistic rage to make it not only a defensive CD or adding a small, even minor offensive CD would be greatly appreciated from my point of view.

As others have already said, the change to fire nova is greatly welcomed.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I think shaman dps in general should be buffed, they haven't been anywhere close to OP in this expansion as either Ele or Enh. Perhaps giving them stronger white hits as Enh and boosting their SP as Ele would fix this? I'm not a shaman expert, but I can tell that they're not doing so great. :3
    And who deserves to be OP? No one. Very poor arguement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with streetlightout...I would love for shammy rage to be off gcd. I may be wrong but I think it was off gcd in wrath. Not a big deal at all...but I would /dance if it came to be.

Edit: as for the buff v finetuning: I think as long as dps potentials are at levels where skill can easily overcome the small differences of various specs then it is fine. For the most part I think that is where we are right now for almost all dps specs (pve). While this doesn't fly as well with top tier, hardcore, competitive raiders for the vast majority of the playerbase the dps gaps should be fine.
    Last edited by shokter; 2011-03-08 at 08:44 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I think damage is fine, but survivability could do with being improved. I'm a good dpser with my shammy but he folds faster than a fat schoolkid punched in the belly when hit by almost anything. PVP is a nightmare too. I've got a decent amount of resi but I still get slaughtered unless I pop fury and the ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
    And who deserves to be OP? No one. Very poor arguement.
    Thanks for the constructive post. Not. Perhaps I should make this simpler:

Yes, shamans should receive a dps boost. More so as Ele than Enh.