10+ Year Old Account

Atonement Healing By Raid Encounter

Disc Healing 4.06 - Written from My Prospective(Paladin/Druid/Disc Healer Comp)

Now before we get into Boss's and the use Atonement Healing(Smite Healing) I would like to state that this would be fitting to the role of raid healer. Some people I have spoken to have expressed fear over using it simply because it doesn't heal for a lot and they aren't sure when its "safe" to use. That said common sense dictates all and I will speak strictly from my experience and hopefully that helps anyone else.

Blackwing Descent

Magmaw - 3 Healer setup - opening with 5 smites to get evanglism up is good for business. Raid Damage is high and you can afford to let me people dip a bit during this phase and use shield to cover and real big health losses. The gain here is that you can proc archangel for 15% more healing and top off your group as well as increase your divine aegis shields on each party member your healing. If your not having mana regen issues building the charges back up during the head on the spike phase is more useful and provides extra raid dps.

Omnitron - You can use Atonement as almost a primary heal during this encounter aside from during heavy raid damage like Magmatron's AOE. Also considering Magmatron's aoe it would be in your best interest to save and keep up your 5 stacks to be able to proc archangel during the AOE.

Maloriak - You can use Atonement during frost phase - top off raid members as required with prayer of healing. Arcane storm if kept under 2 ticks is maybe 13k damage to each raid member and renew can handle that just make sure your stacks of Evangelism don't fall off so when Fire(red) hits you can hit Archangel/Power Infusion and heal everyone up through the fire beams.

Chimaeron - Currently possible to run this as disc but in your groups best interest holy will probably serve better.

Atramedes - If raid damage is low you can fit it in whenever you feel like it really.

Nefarion - Contributed by Velenei - I personally don't use my AA/Atonement spec here, since I am tank healing most of the fight, and damage is never low enough to allow for it.

Bastion of Twilight

Halfus - Amazing Main tank healing. Increased damage on Halfus I have had smite heals for 40k+. That puts it on par with greater heal for less mana and faster cast time. That said getting 5 stacks up early will be helpful depending on the drakes that are up. Raid damage falls off after you have downed the drakes so switching to smite healing if possible in the last phase will up your HPS

Valiona and Theralion - I start the encounter with 5 smites so when blackout pops 15% increased healing. During Theralion phase I focus just on healing as raid damage is high and movement is also high. As you play with this fight more you can find your comfort zones for dropping smites in between your group healing assignments.

Twilight Ascendant Council - Contributed by Velenei -Twilight Ascendant Council: p1 It works out well, smite filler until Aegis of Flame goes up then rock the aoe healing. Usually carries over into a flame thing on the tank too. Not as much time in p2 to do this due to movement but it works well on the melee add.

Cho'gall - Since the group is stacked at the start smite healing is kind of handy since it targets the lowest hp target. While this healing is nice it may not be enough to top off everyone as needed. Things to consider though is that when 2 healing this encounter that extra 15% healing is going to be extremely helpful

Throne of the Four Winds

Conclave of Wind - Tank healing on Nezir's platform. Hit the tank with penance to bring up 3 stacks of Grace. Power Word Shield and renew proceed with smite heals. The goal would be to keep up Grace on the tank and shield/renew for immediate refresh.

Anshal's Platform - Same healing as above for Nezir until your group starts taking damage then proc Archangel to top them up especially helpful if the tank is having issues picking up the adds.

Rohash - filler for the entire encounter. The dps on this platform should be fine with penance/renew/shield so your smite simply helps speed up the dps on this platform.

Al'Akir - Contributed by Velenei - Atonement doesn't heal anyone if you hit him with it, sadly. He's too big! However you can smite the adds in p2 and the heals will get through, and it works out quite nicely to boost your group healing when acid rain starts to stack high. * Sounds great I have yet to heal this encounter but building stacks to aid in Acid Rain healing makes 100% sense especially when the stacks get higher.
    Last edited by Sunogard; 2011-03-09 at 01:35 AM.

Wouldn't a Holy priest work better with a Holy Pally/Resto druid combo?

from my limited experience with atonement healing:

Al'akir: Atonement doesn't heal anyone if you hit him with it, sadly. He's too big! However you can smite the adds in p2 and the heals will get through, and it works out quite nicely to boost your group healing when acid rain starts to stack high.

Twilight Ascendant Council: p1 It works out well, smite filler until Aegis of Flame goes up then rock the aoe healing. Usually carries over into a flame thing on the tank too. Not as much time in p2 to do this due to movement but it works well on the melee add.

Nefarian: I personally don't use my AA/Atonement spec here, since I am tank healing most of the fight, and damage is never low enough to allow for it.

You also put Nefarian in the BoT section, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback I will update the thread.

Per the other comment - Paladin beacon's one tank heals the other and i handle raid damage while the druid handles the beacon tank. Regardless this thread is for people interested in using the Atonement and I am hoping to provide some basic info for them on viability in the raid encounters.

Deleted
    I like to smite most of the way through V&T - especially if you have engulfing magic since it double dips (hello 80k+ atonements).