Just making sure i'm not crazy...

There isn't a dot from exorcism unless you are using the glyph right? I was just reading some tips and checking my glyphs to make sure I'm squeezing out that last little bit of DPS and I was reading about not casting Exo's back to back (thereby covering the dot rather than letting it tick it's normal time). I'm not using the glyph of Exo so I can cast Exorcism back to back with AoW procs without a DPS loss...do I understand this correctly? I consider my self a mostly knowledgeable raiding player so maybe the noobness of this question will be over looked and I'll get straight answers. Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    yes, the only way to get an exo dot is by the glyph.

then again, it's better than any other alternatives (excluding TV and SoT), so why wouldn't you use it? of course, you should sim it. but it's basically an extra 20% damage for exorcism, which can be converted to an overall STR value so you can compare it to 5% crit on CS.

You should let it tick at least twice if you're going to cast it while the dot is still going. Letting it tick twice is no loss to the dot damage. A fresh application is a total of 3 ticks and a refresh is 4 ticks.

Based on the things I've read, exorcism is fourth behind SoV, Templar's Verdict, and CS. Only way I would use Exorcism is if I were expertise capped without SoV glyph and I'm not so it's the fourth on the list. Crusader's strike glyph just recently replaced Exorcism due to the mastery benefits of a crusader strike crit. This info is based on info i've read on the stickied topics on these forums.

Well, stickies got it wrong then. CS glyph was joke before and it's still joke now.
    Looking on my last Chim25H parse (ranked):
    CS glyph: 101 dps
    Exo glyph: 317 dps

TV, SoT, Exo is our glyphs.

The only time I would bother with CS, is if you are completely over exp cap with full reforge from exp and without SoT glyph. Then, yeah ... you can use CS, since there is nothing else.

I'm not sure what stickies you're reading. The Ret sticky at the top only concerns Exorcism ticks during air phases, suggesting not to all-out spam the spell when your target is in the air or otherwise unreachable. There isn't anything suggesting to take the CS glyph over Exo glyph either.

thanks...apparently I was wrong. I appreciate the correction...changing glyphs now.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 01:56 PM ----------

I think i misread the ret sicky...won't be the last and sure isn't the first.