Poll: ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    137 (at the moment I'm writing this) are remembering Ulduar with rose-colored glasses. The "do something special for hardmode" activation was too damn messy really, and caused more problems than it was worth.

- more than once somebody started Flame Leviathan in wrong mode
    - loldpsbossfastenough hardmode activation for XT, Thorim, Hodir and Auriaya
    - ninjapulls on Mimiron
    - get bored while waiting for few minutes at Vezax to bother spawn the damn add
    - Unable to turn difficulty back upwards in once it was set lower on Yogg-Saron, Freya and Sartharion

Current method of putting hardmode on or off is absolute, and there are no questions or problems with it.
    Thing is the Ulduar hardmodes,while clunky at times,made fuckin sense immersion-wise.Now you just flip the magic switch and suddenly the boss has more health/damage/whatgives.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    137 (at the moment I'm writing this) are remembering Ulduar with rose-colored glasses. The "do something special for hardmode" activation was too damn messy really, and caused more problems than it was worth.

- more than once somebody started Flame Leviathan in wrong mode
    - loldpsbossfastenough hardmode activation for XT, Thorim, Hodir and Auriaya
    - ninjapulls on Mimiron
    - get bored while waiting for few minutes at Vezax to bother spawn the damn add
    - Unable to turn difficulty back upwards in once it was set lower on Yogg-Saron, Freya and Sartharion

Current method of putting hardmode on or off is absolute, and there are no questions or problems with it, IN MY OPINION
    Yes, because everything that goes against your view has to be somehow wrong, if for nothing else, then it's nostalgia. A concept of "different taste and preference" over this subject might be something you should start learning. Oh, and I fixed your post to make a lil' bit more sense. It's the capped and bolded bit. Lets not start settings absolutes and putting words to others mouths, right?

Deleted
    Ulduar/Sartharion way was a really interesting way to implement it. It actually felt like it was a part of the instance instead of this lazy content recyclement current heroic modes are. Well, granted, in some cases making hard modes like that will be more difficult, but for example BWD where you have Nefarian annoy the shit out of you in HC modes you could've had some "press here and you can taunt Nefarian to come"-button.

But really, in the end the difference to current system is pretty minor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    This picture can only be described by this...

Mimiron's Big Red Button!
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    Landslide victory for option #2 just as I thought.

I hope Blizzard reacts and we'll see that system again in 4.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Gogetaex View Post
    Ulduar method. Best raid instance Blizzard has given us.

^^ Make firelands hardmodes like Ulduar please....For the love of god, please

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Current method of putting hardmode on or off is absolute, and there are no questions or problems with it, IN MY OPINION
    Yes, because everything that goes against your view has to be somehow wrong, if for nothing else, then it's nostalgia. A concept of "different taste and preference" over this subject might be something you should start learning. Oh, and I fixed your post to make a lil' bit more sense. It's the capped and bolded bit. Lets not start settings absolutes and putting words to others mouths, right?
    People are very nostalgic about Ulduar, when it was actually one of the the worst balanced and most bugged instance to come out in few expansions. Rememeber regular room exploiting of Flame leviathan and Yogg-Saron even up to world first, horribly mistuned Ignis that was harder than rest of the instance, or Hodir that got 3 balance hotfixes between first 10 hardmode kills, or mathematically impossible Y-S... Sure it had it's moments, but it was far from the perfection people claim in their nostalgia.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-03-10 at 07:37 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Izuria View Post
    Ulduar was and still is highly overrated. Only good thing in Ulduar was Mimiron.
    Voted the current system.

Wattttttt, ulduar hardmode are epic, the only hardmode that sucked was hodir since it was a dps race and that it.

the only hardmode i didn't like was i love the smell for saronite in the morning.

Yogg/freya/FL=best boss's in game hand down, just how one bonus tower keeper or elder can make it easy or SO MUCH harder. like yogg 1 to 0. so much harder to do 0 then one light is.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2011-03-09 at 05:39 PM.

In reality, as appealing as the Ulduar method of activating hardmodes sounds on paper, in reality it's a sham.

Somebody figures out how to activate them, writes about it on the internet, then everyones reads that and does the same thing. Except for the first guilds to ever activate them, or people testing on the PTR if the particular raid content is available for testing, nobody ever actually experiences what's appealing about this method.

Furthermore, in the case of Mimiron, it's not like hitting some big red button in the game environment is any less arbitary than toggling a setting in the UI!
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-03-09 at 05:38 PM.

Why do people say they prefer Ulduar style to the ICC Style...then say Mimiron's Big Red Button? THE BIG RED BUTTON IS ICC STYLE. You just push a button and suddenly the fight is hardmode, no special task required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantu View Post
    Mimiron's big red button
    THIS It was by far the best

NOW WHY WOULD YOU GO AND DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!?

Definitely hands down, Ulduar Sarth method. Most interesting I think, and more epic like steelbreaker o.o
    -Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft and once killed a dinosaur with a spreadsheet.

Deleted
    Gotta go with Ulduar style idd, much more interesting than ticking a box

10+ Year Old Account
    I think each system has its own merits and drawbacks. For instance, I don't think Ulduar-style would have done the Lich King fight justice. It'd just end up like doing the achievement for the frostwyrms and calling it "hard mode".
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

I wish they made those hard-modes from Ulduar into ICC, it could've been so epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar. Hands down. It was completely organic and fun. It's a shame Blizzard decided to break a great system and go with the tard-proof/boring method. And you know, thinking about it now I can't even say that I know why they did it. If you're in guild that can't figure out how to activate something's hard mode, you just look it up. Just like people do with the...I don't know...strategy.
    Look! Words!

I wish they'd do another raid with hardmodes like Ulduar, but that would require them to put forth some effort

The Ulduar-model was really awesome. Hope they´ll consider to add it to some raid in the near future.

TBH, I prefer no hardmodes. Its just not fun to battle the boss again with slightly different mechanics and bigger numbers. But thats just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Ulduar method...but after running with groups who had the dps to accidentally activate hard modes but not the brains to deal with them I'd have to say UI trigger.
    "Brevity is...wit"