Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Divine Aegis Cap?

Upon being very bored early this evening I sat in SW spamming heals and watching my crits go off, and watching my DA climb and climb. But upon reaching a DA bubble of 44,289 (Yes I realize that there is no way during raiding it could possible get it that high) my crits wouldn't increase the amount. IS there a cap to DA or am I see incorrectly. Does mastery affect the amount that I am allowed to stack to?

It can stack up to 40% of the casting priest's health, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonslordforever View Post
    Upon being very bored early this evening I sat in SW spamming heals and watching my crits go off, and watching my DA climb and climb. But upon reaching a DA bubble of 44,289 (Yes I realize that there is no way during raiding it could possible get it that high) my crits wouldn't increase the amount. IS there a cap to DA or am I see incorrectly. Does mastery affect the amount that I am allowed to stack to?
    my DA stacked to 48,888 on my mage today while i was bored, and fell of because i wasnt critting so not sure, i think it has a diminishing return as it stacks though, might be stacked to a % of the persons hp, i know in wrath it was capped to something like 10k

Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    It can stack up to 40% of the casting priest's health, if I'm not mistaken.
    Ok that would make sense. Thank You Velenei!

Its off a percent of the priests hp. You can spam prayers to get the shield up to cap fast

10+ Year Old Account
    I was stucked at 50004.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    DA caps at 40% of the casting priest's HP - it was buffed to this in 4.0.6, previously it was capped at 20%.

10+ Year Old Account
    So dumb question, because its based off the casting priest's health, mastery doesn't do crap for DA?

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    So dumb question, because its based off the casting priest's health, mastery doesn't do crap for DA?
    Wrong. Mastery means each application of Divine Aegis is larger. It's just, as it stacks, it can't go past 40% of the Priest's health.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that my guild is on Baleroc I'm concerned about the Divine Aegis cap. Is our Disc Mastery wasted on this fight or will the DA bubble still increase based on the +healing buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Mastery doesn't scale well with DA, but it still increases the amount per application. You will most likely not cap out on DA in an encounter, so mastery still effects it.

Looking at our kill from last week I see some DA stacks hitting 76k, far more then 40% of the caster's health.

Deleted
    I've seen that too - seems the Baleroc buff allows it to exceed the cap.

^ proof? i would love that on my priest

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    Looking at our kill from last week I see some DA stacks hitting 76k, far more then 40% of the caster's health.
    What's your priests hp like raid buffed and in that encounter? Also, anyone know if it's effected by temp health gains like warrior's raidwide last stand?
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

[00:09:13.775] Dobdob gains Divine Aegis from Starsz (Remaining: 76090)

http://bit.ly/oXhcD0

That was on heroic baleroc. The numbers repeated constantly (even through different attempts with different # of Vital Spark stacks): 76090, 64186, 56830.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Yeah Baleroc is weird in how it interacts with some heals. Also you don't stack mastery for prayer of healing spamming (even less for random divine aegis procs) because it only boosts the theoretical total healing done by Prayer of healing by (2.5%*30%*100%) 0.75% not counting the glyph heal.

Deleted
    yes DA is affected by temporary HP increases, fortitude buff, rallying cry etc

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Now that my guild is on Baleroc I'm concerned about the Divine Aegis cap. Is our Disc Mastery wasted on this fight or will the DA bubble still increase based on the +healing buff?
    i had around 80k max DA on this fight, according to recount (no idea how to find max value on wol, even in the log, any tips?) so i assume it works differently on this fight.
    perhaps the cap is 40% of targets hp there?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to act very strangely on this fight. Half the time is was capped as 53453, my usual DA cap, and sometimes in would do a 75598 DA and be capped at that. So it is affected somehow on this fight, just very oddly.