Thread: Mac Keybindings

Mac Keybindings

Sorry if this has been asked. Tried search and Google and couldn't find any help.

I use a Desktop Imac that we bought new soon after wrath came out. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to set it so that i could set keybindings to f1-f5 in game but have them continue to do their standard functions (brightness etc) outside of the game.
    I know you can go to system preferences and set it so that they can be used in game but make it so that you have to hold down the fn key to do standard functions. I share the computer with several other people and I don't think they would be happy about having to use the fn keys just because of my "stupid game". If it helps at all I'm running Mac OS X version 10.5.8.

Thank you

Deleted
    I don't think that's possible sadly However, you can set up a new user on the computer and let the preferences user-modified.

Or, you can try some difficult scripting, so the keybindings change when you launch a specific program.

Deleted
    googleing a little i found this applescript: http: macsteps.com blog/tips/how-to-quickly-toggle-your-keyboards-function-keys/

didnt try it though.

(meh, cant post links :/, put slashes where needed ...)

Get a different keyboard. Really. Get one where those functions are separate.

Failing that, just toggle the setting in Expose (or where ever its buried maybe under kb and mouse - I am not at home so I cannot look) when you play the game.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath