Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Firelands Raid Preview, Reckful 3 PvP Video, Blizzard Retrospective Video

Patch 4.2 - Firelands Raid Preview
    Yesterday you had a sneak peek at the Firelands Daily Area, it's time to take a look at the only thing you all want to see: the Firelands Raid instance!

Just like the daily area, it's a little hard to gather a lot of information about it because the instance isn't even supposed to be in this PTR patch but hopefully the couple of screenshots/maps below will be enough while you wait a few more months (you could probably count in weeks, Patch 4.2 won't be far behind Patch 4.1) before you see it on live realms.

Firelands Raid - Encounters
    According to the Blizzcon 2010 Raids & Dungeons Panel, the Firelands raid will have 7 bosses. We already know 3 of them from achievement icones:

• Fandral Staghelm, former Archdruid of Darnassus.
    • Alysra, the green drake in charge of transporting Fandral to a safe location at the end of the Hyjal questlines in Cataclysm. (Note: Just because there's an icon related to Alysra doesn't mean it's really a boss, in the case of Valithria Dreamwalker the goal of the encounter was to save her)
    • Ragnaros the Firelord, that one isn't really a surprise, right? And he's so pretty now!

Icon Name Icon Name Icon Name
    Achievement_Firelands Raid_Alysra Achievement_Firelands Raid_Fandral_Staghelm Achievement_Firelands Raid_Ragnaros

Firelands Raid Instance - Map

Firelands Raid Instance - Screenshots

Disclaimer - These screenshots are from an early beta of the zone and are not representative of what you will be able to experience on live servers. Live servers will have a polished zone with monsters, tons of decorative elements, etc ... Anything that moves is basically not on these screenshots.

PvP Video - Reckful 3
    If you ever watched PvP videos you probably know who Reckful is, Reckful 3 was released yesterday and I strongly suggest that you watch it, even if you don't like PvP that much in the first place.

Blizzard Retrospective Video
    If you didn't watch the Blizzard retrospective video posted on the official site yesterday because you didn't have time or didn't feel like watching it, it is now available on Youtube. I think a lot of people didn't realize it's a huge 48 minutes documentary and if you ever played a Blizzard game, you'll like it.

0:00 - 07:15 Creation
    07:15 - 08:40 Rock n' Roll Racing
    08:40 - 10:38 Lost Vikings
    10:38 - 12:23 Blackthorne
    12:23 - 18:30 Funding
    18:30 - 20:41 "Blizzard" origins
    20:41 - 23:19 Embracing our Inner Geek
    23:19 - 25:28 Justice League
    25:28 - 26:53 Warcraft I
    26:53 - 27:20 Warcraft II
    27:20 - 29:16 Warcraft III
    29:16 - 30:11 Diablo I
    30:11 - 31:27 Battle.net
    31:27 - 34:48 Starcraft I
    34:55 - 41:00 WoW
    41:00 - 43:56 Starcraft II
    44:02 - 48:11 Leading responsibly

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-03-09 at 10:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, I love the looks of this place! Can't wait!
    Thx for news

Based on the layout of the Raid, it doesn't look like it's going to be a linear fight progression. can anyone confirm or deny this?

Firelands looks amazing.

Firelands looks outstanding. The look of Sulfuron Keep is especially awesome.

And why exactly do we need to see all this now? It's not to come before 4.2 anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schintus View Post
    And why exactly do we need to see all this now? It's not to come before 4.2 anyway...
    Geez there's no pleasing anyone anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

holy beeeep.
    the map gets it to look really big, but it IS a plane like Deepholm
    wonder if the red spider web at Aranae's Lair means we getting something like a fire spider?
    and, i like the tiny pink boxes on some of the pictures

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 09:59 AM ----------

siiigh.
    the date for Firelands has not moved, they just gonna release the other stuff first, because they didnt see reason to keep it back just for Firelands.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2011-03-09 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one who did a double-take when I read "Antichrist Plateau"..

Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one who did a double-take when I read "Antichrist Plateau"..
    one can hope...
    ...and another cant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you know the point of this website?

If there are 7 bosses in firelands, is it safe to assume that another raid will also be released at more or less the same time? One with 5-6 bosses? (in keeping with roughly 12-13 bosses per tier)

Now I know why Firelands were 'delayed'. Holy cow! This place looks amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much nerd in that video, wow.

So much open space, that means we can get on our repair mounts in between all those wipes?

Looking at screen shots makes me cringe at the thought of trash here though. So much open area, patrols everywhere. Incomming fatassing wipes. Ruby sanctum trash 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Do you know the point of this website?
    To reveal new stuff from the game... But I would bet that patch 4.2 is not to come in near future. Does it mean there's not much to see in patch 4.1? Blizzard is really milking this game...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyiran View Post
    If there are 7 bosses in firelands, is it safe to assume that another raid will also be released at more or less the same time? One with 5-6 bosses? (in keeping with roughly 12-13 bosses per tier)
    WOTA raid could be possible, but so could anything else.
    i just wonder why we havent seen a single sign, if they make another raid in this tier

Why encourage us to watch some boring pvp video?

Quote Originally Posted by SemtexJack View Post
    Why encourage us to watch some boring pvp video?
    because some people likes to watch PvP videos?

so guys....since i know everyone LOVES Rag's legs >_>. i wanted to point out something we might be hopeful for.

notice in the last screen shot, what do you see...YES that is it! it is a pool of fire in the middle of the platform (much like the sunwell eh?). SO this could POSSIBLY mean that instead of Rag being up and walkin around he will be partly sticking out of the pool so we wont even have to see his stubby little malformed legs >_<

i am really praying for this honestly cause...i mean...just look at those terrible legs >_<, though i doubt this will be the case