Thread: Computer dead.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Computer dead.

First my english is kinda bad so try to understand

Some days ago my computer just completely died when i converted a video, tried to restart, checked all cables. still dead.

When I press power button the cooler blades(??) spin for a milli second and then stops.
    So from what ive read it could be The psu or the processor.

My processor usally lies on 35 celsius, so dont think its that one.

Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB GDDR5

The thing is i need to order soon (cant live without ma cumputer ) I just need to know what to order.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?
    Last edited by mmoca9b37fdea9; 2011-03-09 at 10:35 AM.

Probley your powersupply. Has that psu always been in this build ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gooseuk View Post
    Probley your powersupply. Has that psu always been in this build ?
    I upgraded my processor about 6 months ago. other than that no-

It could also be your RAM, try to remove one stick at the time than boot.

Powersupply is not processor. I was just asking your Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU has that always been in this computer ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gooseuk View Post
    Powersupply is not processor. I was just asking your Silver Power SP-SS500 500W PSU has that always been in this computer ?
    I upgraded the whole computer when i added that one, video card, mother board ,rams, processor everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the motherboard?
    And what Ram?

15+ Year Old Account
    I would think its the power supply.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Sounds like PSU (Power Supply Unit) problem indeed. How old is it?

hmmm it the power supply wouldnt work how could his fan spin, even if its just short?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quizen View Post
    It could also be your RAM, try to remove one stick at the time than boot.
    Shoulnt the computer fire up anyway without ram, just black screen if it would.

Ok just checking thats all. Not normal for a psu to decied to pop in 6months but i guess it can happen. Just to check things. I would take out all the power connectors from the board. So the 4pin connector and the 24 pin connector ( Or 20 pin depending on your board )

Then make sure its all connected again. If its not working then try a few other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    What is the motherboard?
    And what Ram?
    MSI GF615M-P33, Socket-AM3 m-ATX, GeForce 6150se, DDR3,SATAII, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16

and 2x Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT, CL9, Kit w/two matched DDR3 2GB, 240pin

Typically when it comes to computers the item with the most moving parts/heat stress is normally the first thing to break and in this case that's more often than not the power supply.

http://3btech.net/ch7520pinpos.html this should be a fairly good replacement if you are not into modular psu's.

Deleted
    Was thinking going for http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=340678.

Going to try the RAM trick when i get home, at work atm. Ill report back.

Corsair is a great brand of psu. I have the 650 editon of that and its excellent. 5 years warrenty also. Just try things surgested and see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorc View Post
    MSI GF615M-P33, Socket-AM3 m-ATX, GeForce 6150se, DDR3,SATAII, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16

and 2x Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT, CL9, Kit w/two matched DDR3 2GB, 240pin
    Any one part could be your bottleneck or bad apple, so total how much ram is it? Do you have any cooling for the ram?
    And is anything overclocked?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Any one part could be your bottleneck or bad apple, so total how much ram is it? Do you have any cooling for the ram?
    And is anything overclocked?
    Nothing overclocked 4g ram and no cooling on those.

<<<<< tech support guy

if your fans spin your power supply is supplying power, it is most likely your memory at fault, if you have more than 1 stick of memory remove them all except 1, power it up and see if it works, if not switch memory sticks. rotate through all your memory to test each stick individually and you should be able to find the broken one

i'd actually put money on this being the memory, sounds like a classic case

(if it's not the memory there is a chance it is one of the voltage lines, either 5v or 12v gone in your power supply, or it's your graphics card)
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-03-09 at 10:43 AM. Reason: too early for brain, no coffee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorc View Post
    Nothing overclocked 4g ram and no cooling on those.
    Well ive been looking at the motherboard the "MSI GF615M-P33"
    This is kind of an old Cpu Socket, nothing like a newer model, easy to damage and when it dies it just does.
    Replacements are not going to be cheap either.

If you can't fix it a new computer will be between 600-1000 dollers and still play wow for you.
    You can find a list of computers at variable price ranges here on mmo champ a few pages older on the front page.

Try testing each part take the ram out one stick at a time and see whats working, and if you have spare older sticks try them too.
    The motherboard the cpu the video card or the power supply and ram any can be your bug and only testing will find it.