Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    , look at All Points Bullutin for example
    which is relaunching here soon mind you.
    they seem to die real fast then return from the grave and live on afterwards.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Any blue that could confirm that project Titan is a MMOFPS?
    boub, some dev(i forgot his name the one with the scruffy beard 24/7) , and 2 gaming sites have hinted at it being a futuristic MMOFPS.

really if you all are going to doubt the only info we have atm about the game who are you to assume anything but, fucking Nostradamus?
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-03-09 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Any blue that could confirm that project Titan is a MMOFPS?
    Any blue that has denied "Titan" being an MMOFPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting read here;

After the supposed leak of Blizzard's Product Slate another story arised around the mysterious name Titan showing up on the leaked slide.

Ensemble Studios (at that time part of Microsoft) was working on an MMO from 2004 to 2007 when it was cancelled. The interesting fact is that Ensemble's MMO had the code-name Titan as well. So, we just had a hint of Blizzard working on an MMO with the code-name Titan, when several years ago another studio was working on a similar project with the same name.

Check screenshots from early versions of Ensemble's Titan MMO.

I will admit that you see what you want to see but I will go this road anyway. So what links these two projects?

Code-name: Titan

Like mentioned above, both MMOs have the same code-name, but we should note one thing. During the development of Ensemble's MMO, there were some leaks of the project. The studio then decided to change the code name to Orion in order to deal with the situation. That does not prove much since the developers that were working on it, still refer to it as Titan instead of Orion.

Science Fiction theme

Ensemble's MMO started off as a "simple" SciFi MMO and later it was decided to use Halo's universe. BlizzMMO is also to be Sci-Fi themed. So both MMOs have the same genre.

Ensemble staff joined Blizzard

On 2009, Ensemble Studios was officially disbanded, at that time several people from Ensemble were hired by Blizzard. If you play World of Warcraft, you probably know Ghostcrawler (aka Greg Street), currently lead systems designer of WoW and former lead designer of Ensemble's Titan MMO as well.
    Also, some artists from Ensemble are now working for Blizzard, as well as one of the lead programmers which is now the lead graphics programmer.

While from Blizzard's point of view, a respected game studio was working on a Sci-Fi MMO and disbanded, making available experienced professionals that have explored and faced the challenges of a Sci-Fi MMOFPS who could contribute their knowledge and save precious development time.

Halo & Bungie

Bungie is known for creating the Halo universe. Couple months ago a 10-year partnership between Activsion-Blizzard and Bungie was announced. I remind you that Ensemble's MMO was using Halo's universe. Interesting, eh?

Summing up

There are several hints towards the theory that a Halo MMO is being developed either by Blizzard or Bungie. But the reality is that at least by those two studios it's not happening. Why, you ask? Because it is already verified by Blizzard officials that their new MMO is a brand new IP and is made entirely from scratch.

Zarhym's Quote:
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.

What about Bungie? Couldn't Bungie make Halo MMO?
    Most probably, no. On the press release of the 10-year partnership with Activision, it was mentioned that the deal was about "Bungie's next big action game universe". Also, Halo's IP belongs to Microsoft, so it is highly unlikely Microsoft will agree on licensing Halo and lose a big bunch of the pie.

So, it is obvious to me that while ideas from Ensemble's dead MMO may be used on BlizzMMO, it is almost certain that either of those studios will develop the Halo MMO.

I will not rest untill i se a oblivion mmo

Deleted
    blizzard said in their own retrospective, that their "titan" is made to steal old wow players.. because if blizzard didnt steal them, to themselves, someone else will.

Blizzard might be making WoW free when "Titan" comes out, someone said in an interview or a blue post that eventually it would be free and would have a cash shop of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by robzombay View Post
    Blizzard might be making WoW free when "Titan" comes out, someone said in an interview or a blue post that eventually it would be free and would have a cash shop of some sort.
    I'd guess about 6 months after the release of the last patch for the last expansions, they'll make it F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    Titan is gona be MMOFPS, read that somewhere like zillion times, but couldnt find, also it's MMOFPS is propobly becouse of ActivisioN, since ActivisioN mostly supported shooters :/
    The reason so many people read it is because of posts like this that claim it as a fact without having a source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    I'd guess about 6 months after the release of the last patch for the last expansions, they'll make it F2P.
    with the current state of the game chances are they will make it Free to Play before titan is launched, a lot of people arn't happy with cataclysm so far and many are leaving to try different pastures, whether that is Rift DCUO or something else, people are leaving for anything, and they arn't coming back as so many people seem to think they will.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Deleted
    I wouldnt be surprised if Titan is the MMORPG of Starcraft...like WoW is the MMROPG of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if Titan is the MMORPG of Starcraft...like WoW is the MMROPG of Warcraft.
    Been stated several times that it is a completely new IP, pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    with the current state of the game chances are they will make it Free to Play before titan is launched, a lot of people arn't happy with cataclysm so far and many are leaving to try different pastures, whether that is Rift DCUO or something else, people are leaving for anything, and they arn't coming back as so many people seem to think they will.
    Maybe so but Blizz will have to see a substantial decrease in subs before they even consider such a thing. I mean, what’s 500,000 un-subs compared to the other 11.5 million still paying?
    Last edited by UnholyGuardian; 2011-03-09 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added more

Deleted
    Well, its supposed to be so secret that we will never know if they say the truth in that

We well see, in any case Titan will be the game who will "kill" WoW, its quite obvious, only a Blizzard game can kill another Blizzard Game...

LOTR, AOC, WARHAMMER, AION and now RIFT...a lot of people saying that they would kill WoW...and all of those games are complet CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    We well see, in any case Titan will be the game who will "kill" WoW, its quite obvious, only a Blizzard game can kill another Blizzard Game...
    It is false in the fact that only a Blizzard game can kill a Blizzard game.

It may not be seen yet, but I think people are greatly underestimating how popular SW:TOR is going to be. It will be SW:TOR that will be a threat to WoW if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that nobody has actually referenced the possibility that 'Titan' could be related to the cancelled Titan project from Ensemble Studios, and that was a sci-fi mmo

Source: http://www.blizzmmo.com/topic/48-bli...ncelled-titan/

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    It is false in the fact that only a Blizzard game can kill a Blizzard game.

It may not be seen yet, but I think people are greatly underestimating how popular SW:TOR is going to be. It will be SW:TOR that will be a threat to WoW if anything.
    Lol, like that wasn't said about EVERY mmo over the past 10 years...

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has actually referenced the possibility that 'Titan' could be related to the cancelled Titan project from Ensemble Studios, and that was a sci-fi mmo

Source: http://www.blizzmmo.com/topic/48-bli...ncelled-titan/
    A few people have said that.
    Last edited by UnholyGuardian; 2011-03-09 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

MMOFPS would be such a flop. I wouldnt even touch it. The biggest thing WoW had going for it is it appealed to a LARGE age range of people. MMOFPS? No way.

Blizzard has already stated that "Titan" is a completely new IP developed by Blizzard, so there's no point in guessing what franchise it might involve.

As to how it will affect WoW, probably a lot. Blizzard in the past has been pretty good at supporting their older games and keeping them running, but I would expect the lion's share of development will go to Titan if it's popular enough.

Lol, like that wasn't said about EVERY mmo over the past 10 years..
    True, however none of those other MMO's have been or will be as successful or as big as SW:TOR. Think of the millions upon millions of Star Wars fans - the people from the previous Star Wars games will flock in to play this new one, and all the other random fans that haven't played a Star Wars MMO before. The game truly looks insane.

I'm not a fanboi by any means, I'm just saying.

Deleted
    Lol, like that wasn't said about EVERY mmo over the past 10 years...

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 12:26 PM ----------

A few people have said that.

Agree with him about it was said about every MMO...

Anyway im waiting anxious SWTOR i think it will be a great game