Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Titan will be an MMOFPS. Why would they do more of the same. It would be pointless.

Yeah not more of the same, why would they do it??

Starcraft -> Starcraft 2
    Diablo -> Diablo 2 -> Diablo 3
    Warcraft -> Warcraft 2 -> Warcraft 3 -> Warcraft 3 : Frozen Throne

WOW -> WOW : TBC -> WOW : WOTLK -> WOW : Cata

As you can see it's definately not profitable to make the same kind of product is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post

Starcraft -> Starcraft 2

As you can see it's definately not profitable to make the same kind of product is it?
    Except Titan is a totally "new" IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Except Titan is a totally "new" IP.
    IP = Content
    IP =/= Genre

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post

Starcraft -> Starcraft 2

He hasn't discovered order yet.

If it's a FPS I doubt I'd be interested at all. I hope any rumors of bungie teaming up with blizzard are false.

Deleted
    Actually Titan and WoW can live together very nicely, since the first is a FPS, and the latter is a RPG. It only comes down to a matter of taste; graphically, it will probably easily surpass WoW, but lore-wise I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I assume Titan is being designed with the NextGen consoles in mind. That would support all the FPS theories out there.

However Blizzard:
    -Has very limited experience developing for consoles (even with Diablo 3 being adapted for consoles).
    -Has no experience programming FPS.
    -Has a huge fanbase, mostly used to RTS and RPGs.

So in a way....maybe not. Who knows...By BlizzCon 2012 we'll know more.
    Therefore, I predict MMORTS!

I think everyone is misunderstanding what was meant be "eclipsing". There will not be any game made by any development house that will reach the player base that is equivalent to WoW's peak for many, many years. What I believe the statement was intended to convey is that they plan of (keep in mind this it totally PR bullshit language) revolutionizing the genre in which Titan will be placed (whatever that winds up being) in the same way WoW revolutionized MMORPG, but to an even greater extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't kill wow, perhaps a lot of wow players will play titan as well as wow.

Wotanik, please leave. Nobody cares about your crying for sources, we don't need nor want to satisfy your need for evidence.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I assume Titan is being designed with the NextGen consoles in mind. That would support all the FPS theories out there.

However Blizzard:
    -Has very limited experience developing for consoles (even with Diablo 3 being adapted for consoles).
    -Has no experience programming FPS.
    -Has a huge fanbase, mostly used to RTS and RPGs.

So in a way....maybe not. Who knows...By BlizzCon 2012 we'll know more.
    I find these kinds of statements very ironic.
    What experience in RTS did Blizzard have when developping WCI?
    What experience in MMORPGs did Blizzard have when developping WoW?

Possibly unbeknownst to oneself, opinions are rather hypocritical these days - perhaps born from denial or ignorance - as if everything that has happened in the past - and still echoes in our present - bears no importance or relevance.

Everyday I'm vexed with narrow-minded views like "If it hasn't been done, can't be done.", "If it could be done, someone would've thought of/done it by now." or "If you have no experience in it, you can't possibly succeed."

Honestly?
    Now, more on topic:
    The concept of FPS may be integrated into an RPG a seemless way. Just remove targetting, and think of a way around it.

Tera Online, for example, as it attempts to remove the concept of "target" and while anyone can look and see it's an RPG, it can be described as FPS if you go technical.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-03-10 at 11:46 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    if its after diablo universe i'll definetly switch over

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    I read somewhere that Bungie is working on an MMOFPS and they're partnered with Activison-Blizzard currently. Blizzard's next gen MMO is described to be an MMOFPS as well.
    the team up with bungie also pointed to a halo or halo related mmofps, at least thats what i heard a couple times in the past month
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    titan is a MMOFPS. different people will be drawn to it than WoW which is an MMORPG.
    they are merely forecasting it will be bigger then WoW on account that both FPSs and MMOs pull large numbers of players, combined it should be a juggernaut.
    Well they DO have a 10 year contract with Bungie and Bungie DID mention something about an mmo somewhere (if someone could dig that up it'd be nice)

Quote Originally Posted by Chronnos View Post
    Wotanik what's your problem dude? I can see you're against it being a MMOFPS but why ask for sources when you haven't provided any to support it's NOT an MMOFPS. So you're adding nothing usefull to this thread.
    I heard its a mmo where you make restaurants. I've not heard otherwise so its true. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    The reason so many people read it is because of posts like this that claim it as a fact without having a source.
    The source is Boub, which has already been posted on the first page of this thread. He wrote about it a while back when he posted the projections of when the new expansions (and new MMO) would be launched. Obviously, when he gave us that information he said to take it with a grain of salt on when stuff would be released (especially Titan).

Boubouille:
    Titan
    Yeah, that's Blizzard's new MMOFPS and I might have hinted at that in the past but I don't have a lot of extra information about it and the release date is just an estimation. Don't assume that it will be released by the end of 2013 based on that document, it would be very stupid. (Edit: Titan is a new game by the way, not an existing IP. But I'm really not sure what's the plan with it, I just know that the FPS bit is most likely here to stay)
    Here is said quote that was on the first page of this thread and was on the front page of the forums. THIS is where people are getting their information and sources from.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

While there is no evidence that I can remember, many bloggers, and anylists belive "titan" to be a MMOFPS. I also doubt WoW will ever die simply because it might end up being the last game in the warcraft universe, unless they go back and make another rts. And lets face it, Blizzard still hasn't killed Diablo 2 or SC 1 online so why would they kill a game so beloved by so many fans? Maybe it will go to FtP at some point, but I doubt it will die. On the other front to my knowlege there is no real MMOFPS, and if Blizz were to make the first true one that would be huge. Also if they make the first MMOFPS that would eclipse WoW in a historical standpoint.

In the end, does it bloody matter? Supposidly its just a shell right now, it might get scrapped before it ever sees the light of day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    The source is Boub, which has already been posted on the first page of this thread. He wrote about it a while back when he posted the projections of when the new expansions (and new MMO) would be launched. Obviously, when he gave us that information he said to take it with a grain of salt on when stuff would be released (especially Titan).

Here is said quote that was on the first page of this thread and was on the front page of the forums. THIS is where people are getting their information and sources from.
    He's almost always right. But I'm skeptical because Boubouille didn't offer a shred of evidence and spoke about it rather off-handedly. Either he knows something we don't (big letdown) or he's unsure himself.