Deleted

Best Spec after reaching 85?

Hi there,

just a short little question, what is the best spec after you just dinged 85 for running normal dungeons/heroics? I'm currently geared in leveling greens/blues and those fireweave (i think thats the wrong name) crafted items.

Thanks

I found Destro to be the best while I gearing up and everyone was using lots of CC. Quite often you would only be left with one target, so the single target DPS of Destro was perfect. Now that many of the people in heroics are more geared, and subsequently using less cc, I've switched to afflic. When you can dot up 5 targets on each pull, you can be very effective.

On dungeons with high unavoidable damage, the afflic self healing is also a huge help. You'll find yourself saving wipes fairly often too.

Deleted
    Thanks, I'm gonna try Demo asap. I dont like affliction for some reason.

I originally thought das Demo might be the better spec (without proper gear) since the felguard/succu hits like a truck.

Deleted
    He didn't say Demo, he said Destro. Demo is pretty weak for Heroics at least. Desto has plenty of burst seens as trash/mobs take seconds to die nowadays Affliction wouldn't be much better. Affli would be good if the instance only had 4 or more trash mobs per pack but alas, this is not the case.

Destro is also awesome when using Trinket/Racial/Cooldowns for major burst on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom View Post
    He didn't say Demo, he said Destro. Demo is pretty weak for Heroics at least. Desto has plenty of burst seens as trash/mobs take seconds to die nowadays Affliction wouldn't be much better. Affli would be good if the instance only had 4 or more trash mobs per pack but alas, this is not the case.

Destro is also awesome when using Trinket/Racial/Cooldowns for major burst on bosses.
    Destro would definitely be my recommendation for someone who has just dinged. Destro has a harder 'rotation' (priorities) but an easier playstyle. Afflic has a smaller list of priorities, but requires you to be working on as many mobs as you can get your hands on at once. The benefit to afflic is that if you like that playstyle, it scales well the more mobs you're engaging at once. The self healing also comes in handy in some heroics.