Poll: What arm do you wear your watch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I dont understand, why would i need a watch, there is one under the map.

Right, else it covers up my tattoo and that'd have been a waste of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    I live timeless. I have no watch nor a calendar. I never know what time of day it is or which year we live in! Well.. which day we have. Sunday? Monday? I don't care, really.
    No school and no job? That's not going to last forever bro.

OT: I wear my watch on my left wrist, because I'm right handed and it allows me to check the time while I'm also doing something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Don't wear a watch. Or any other kind of jewelry for that matter.

I work in a heavy industry environment, wearing stuff like that can get you injured or killed, so I just got out of the habit.

Pocket watch for me, so neither wrist.

I haven't worn a watch since i was 12,but i recall having it on my left arm since it's hard to write with it on the right and it used to get into my way.

(i'm right-handed)

None I use my phone, iPod, computer, random clock in the room etc...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosa View Post
    I wish I had one of those pocket-watches on a chain though.
    I have lost count of the number of guys I've heard say this in passing over the years. LOL

Deleted
    Usually on right but Phone power!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Left hand. I love watches. With the proper clothes, watches are a perfect combination for a well finished smart look.
    This.

Although it can't be a digital watch, or a power rangers watch. Silver finish with a suit or just a shirt and trousers looks pretty boss.

Also I wear it on my left since I'm right handed. Wearing it on your right arm when you're right handed would be... annoying, since that's the hand you'll be doing everything with, from punching someone to hammering a nail to using your mouse... much more chance of the watch breaking/discomfort.
    Also yes I do want a pocket watch!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Left is the correct way. People wearing it on the right arm just look stupid. That aside I haven't worn a watch for many years now. My phone took over its job and then some.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    Left is the correct way. People wearing it on the right arm just look stupid. That aside I haven't worn a watch for many years now. My phone took over its job and then some.
    Wrong. The correct way is to wear it on the non dominate hand side so you have a less chance in damaging it through usage.

Right handed? Wear left!
    Left handed? Wear right!

Simple as that.

I always take my watch off when I'm behind the computer because its annoying.

Taking your mobile phone out of your pocket to check the time mostly feels to me as a way to try to show off with your mobile phone.
    But I suppose the same can be said if you are flashing a expensive watch to check the time but atleast it is what they are made for. ^^'
    Last edited by Nirron; 2011-03-09 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    You know there are people left handed who finds it very annoying to have it on the left arm..

I am actually left handed but only write with my left hand and do other things (i.e. mouse clicking) with my right hand so I wear it on the left arm anyhow.
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I do, it's on my left wrist. I primarily write with my right hand and since I had a surgery on my right wrist, things on it bother me quite a bit and get in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Left wrist, and wear mine almost everyday.

"i don't wear a watch cause i want my arms to weigh the same"

I'm right handed and I wear it on my right wrist...

Then again, it doesn't work, I have a phone for that.

I just look classy as balls.

I'm so pretentious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

i am left handed but i wear my watch on my left arm.

I wear a watch only when I'm wearing a suit. and always on left wrist cause I'm right handed

If you're right handed, the "correct" way to wear your watch is on your left wrist. If you're left handed, on your right wrist. The same principle applies to a lot of things. Weaponry is the best example, for instance, you wear a sword on your left hip if you're right handed. Makes for a more fluid exit of the weapon (especially with guns. I always floundered with my pistols if I wore it on my right hip). But it also applies to pocket watches, etc.

The reason being has a lot to do with comfort. A watch is a huge pain in the ass when you're trying to write.

But yeah, I wear it on my left wrist. :P
    Last edited by Thandrend; 2011-03-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: grammar