Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzar View Post
    As one of the other posters mentioned, you could "just" have our Boomkin kite the adds with Mushrooms? Or at least have the boomkin kite the third lot of adds, while having Mage use RoF on 1st and 2nd. And we will NOT get a DK anytime soon, so we will be doing this fight w/o a DK as mentioned in the OP. If you have any suggestions that could help us killing the boss, please enlighten me, but saying the fight is impossible w/o a DK is untrue to be honest.
    No it's not impossible, but it's extremely difficult. If you read my post again you will notice that I did not use the word impossible, but rather said that I recommended getting one before you try the fight.

It's conceivable to kite the adds for a short while with Fungal Growth (the mushroom trap), but I don't consider it a reliable method. The radius of the trap is simply too small and the adds spawn all over the place. The key is being far away from the adds during the 5 seconds of the first toxic spore eruption. So if you use the moonkin, he should probably aggro all the adds, and then when the spores are about to go off, he typhoons them away. They then need to die before the next explosion.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-03-11 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wercz View Post
    not that i want to hijack this thread, but well be tryin conclave hc pretty soon with following lineup:

tanks:
    Druid, Warri

heals:
    Restoshammy, Holypaladin and Disc/Holy Priest

dps:
    fury, dk, mage, boomkin and a rogue

my plan actually was to start with:
    anshal: tankdrood, dk, mage, boomkin and restosham
    nezir: warritank, holypal
    rohash: fury, disc and rogue

as for the fight:
    dk kites adds while boomkin and mage nuke 'em..standard swap to Nezir when about to hit the ultimate phase ...so for that phase we got warritank; holypaladin on nature, rogue by himself on wind and all the other 7 (incl. 2healer) on ice, we pop heroism and burn him as far as possible..after ultimate all go back to their plattforms..rinse repeat till done; rogue cloaks off his stacks etc. (btw how many stacks should he have prior to cloaking?)

would that work?

sorry again for ninjaing the thread.

cheers.
    Yes that would work, but you need to swap the paladin and priest after every ultimate, and the druid and war tanks right before it.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-11 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Hi everyone!

Yilar says that the healers from wind and frost swap after every ultimate with the rogue being alone at the wind platform during the ultimate. But that would mean that all three players on wind will take up to (((90/3/2)*5/100)+1)*15750 = ~27563 damage per cast of slicing gale shortly before the ultimate. Also, Wowhead says that the debuff lasts 45 sec instead of 30 sec (Wowpedia) which would make it difficult to reset as the ultimate only lasts 15 sec + ~10 sec spent in transit.

Isn't it a better idea to switch frost and wind healers at around 50 energy and then have the wind healer go back to frost for the ultimate with the rogue again being the only one on wind? I have seen this strategy in many videos.

I am looking for the easiest strategy as we will be attempting Conclave Heroic tonight. And if the first strategy works I would like to use it but I don't see how - yet.

I hope you can help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzar View Post

Tanks
    Hunter
    Hunter

Healers
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Hunter

DPS
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Hunter
    Hunter

[
    Problem solved

How about: No.
    No trolling/baiting trolls/spamming. Thanks. -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-03-13 at 05:52 PM.

Your comp is workable, although the third transition on wind will be annoying. If your DPS isn't high enough to do it before the 4th, I'm not sure if you can kill it.

Put your moonkin (specced into fungal growth), ele and warlock on nature.
    Frost mage, and enhance on wind.

Have your priest on wind for every storm shield, you can either binding heal or atonement heal through the damage depending on how much burst DPS your enh does. The mage saves deep freeze for storm shield.
    Mage blocks before ultimate, slow falls coming out of it.
    Cold snap block off debuffs before the second ultimate.
    Thid ultimate you'll probably have to switch your warlock in there, and he can healthstone -> port down to avoid fall damage.

Nature platform will be a joke with 3 ranged DPS, moonkin just kites with starfall, mushrooms and sunfire.

Have tanks swap at 25 and 65, healers swap at ~40-50ish (dependent on positioning on wind platform). Have enhance throw offheals if needed on wind during platform swaps.

Having a rogue instead of enhance would make the fight alittle more stable, but having a frost mage on wind is a luxury in itself.