Exclamation Magmaw 10man HC -- tips and tricks?

I'm doing it again due to good result of my previous post which i needed some point of views from experienced players which had done Omnitron HC
    before, and i recieved alot of info, that helped us out and brought us omnitron HC down after 20tries..

So tonight our new boss experience will be Magmaw HC:

My plan is:

1DK dps, soloing the parasites, 1 tank for the big armageddon adds, and 1 on boss (those two tanks switching whenever they recieve the debuff)
    dps killing big add in nomal phase, any left overtime on small adds, full dps on boss during headphase.

Setup:
    2 tanks (Druid / pala)
    3 Healers (Hpal, re sham, disc??holy?? priest)
    5 dps (1 dk(frost), 1 rogue, 1 hunter, 1 boomkin, 1 spriest)

Do anyone with experience have any tactics, or tips that wud make this easier for me, everything is appriciated! I got every dps / tank / healing class ready if u want to change anything on the setup..

As i said, everything is appriciated!
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-03-09 at 01:17 PM.

I'm not sure if they fixed this(didn't see anything in patch notes but you know blizzard) but my suggestion would be to, if possible, do magmaw on 25 man. The reason for this is if you get a death knight tank with Glyph of Bone Shield(run speed increase) he can kite the large adds around the stairs leading to ODS. With 25 people you bring the option of 3 tanks, 2 switching for the debuff and 1 kiting the add. I am not sure of any strats besides this for 10 man, so good luck with whatever you end up trying.

Quote Originally Posted by ewoods973 View Post
    I'm not sure if they fixed this(didn't see anything in patch notes but you know blizzard) but my suggestion would be to, if possible, do magmaw on 25 man. The reason for this is if you get a death knight tank with Glyph of Bone Shield(run speed increase) he can kite the large adds around the stairs leading to ODS. With 25 people you bring the option of 3 tanks, 2 switching for the debuff and 1 kiting the add. I am not sure of any strats besides this for 10 man, so good luck with whatever you end up trying.
    No. They've severely modified the health pools of the big adds and the fight resets when you drag the adds out of the room now.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

That being said, I'd make your priest go holy for this in my opinion. Unless hes noticeably better as discipline. But burst healing is required for this encounter. I'm not sure of 10 man, so I won't state anything on how tanks work. The key is knowing when to kill constructs and when to be on the boss. Constructs should be killed as soon as they spawn and ignored during exposed head phases. It helps if your tank calls out when they're about to armageddon which is at 25%. Armageddon cannot go off, it's too much damage. You also need to pay attention to the bosses health and how many adds you currently have. If you have three constructs, you might want to hold transitioning into phase 2 at 30% and finish off an add. Constructs no longer spawn phase 2. Pillar sti occurs. Make sure people are spread out and kill the boss. If you transitioned with three constructs. You're going to have to kill one or two before you kill the boss. They hit rather hard.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"