Page 1 of 116
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How fast is your internet?

My ISP recently upgraded its infrastructure to offer 108/5 so I decided to upgrade to a 20 down/2 up package which includes uncapped bandwidth.
    It required a new modem change, So I swung by the office snagged a new modem and plugged it in. Here's what I pulled my first try.

Not to shabby for being in the US. It's def not UK speeds but its nice to see that the US is slowly starting to offer speeds this high now.
    It really isn't that bad for around 50 bucks a month :P I still remember when I used Prodigy and AOL for a dial up provider. ughhhhhh

So I ask what kind of speeds do you guys have at home?

Could be slower I guess, upload sucks =(

I have a 50/50 connection.
    But sitting behind several badly configured routers is not fun

If anyone is wondering the price for the connection....IS FREE! well that is only because i work for the firm which i get my internet from hehe.
    Normal price is around 80-100 dollars for a 50/50 it can even go up to 100/100. Fiber ftw!

I love the message at the end "faster than 93% of DK" xD
    Last edited by Alienmonkey; 2011-03-09 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Price/another test
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

perhaps this is the best italian connection, paying 94€ monthly, which is about 130$ ._.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh I'm mad jealous of that upload speed :P
    You usually can't get past 5mb/s up in my area unless you buy a business grade connection T1-3 but that runs about a grand.

10+ Year Old Account

lol ill test again when im home and not on my net book using the schools internet >_>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post

perhaps this is the best italian connection, paying 94€ monthly, which is about 130$ ._.
    I'm paying 20€ a month for my 100/20....

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    I'm paying 20€ a month for my 100/20....
    thats why im like ._.
    italy sucks big time on internet progress
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misen View Post
    My ISP recently upgraded its infrastructure to offer 108/5 so I decided to upgrade to a 20 down/2 up package which includes uncapped bandwidth.
    It required a new modem change, So I swung by the office snagged a new modem and plugged it in. Here's what I pulled my first try.

Not to shabby for being in the US. It's def not UK speeds but its nice to see that the US is slowly starting to offer speeds this high now.
    It really isn't that bad for around 50 bucks a month :P I still remember when I used Prodigy and AOL for a dial up provider. ughhhhhh

So I ask what kind of speeds do you guys have at home?
    "not UK speeds"????, Uk's infrastructure is TERRIBLE. pseudo-fibre (vDSL, to the cabinet, copper to the streets) is not available for a huge portion of the UK still. Where it is widely avaliable there is only one provider (virgin), then there are a few other cabinets that offer BT's vDSL product.

If you want to compare you're net to "a better one" try south korea or Japan :P

10+ Year Old Account

basic comcast. -.-;
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by BLaZeDRas View Post
    "not UK speeds"????, Uk's infrastructure is TERRIBLE. pseudo-fibre (vDSL, to the cabinet, copper to the streets) is not available for a huge portion of the UK still. Where it is widely avaliable there is only one provider (virgin), then there are a few other cabinets that offer BT's vDSL product.

Oi oi we can get 100Mb/s almost anywhere in Finland as well, par the north pole!

Deleted

"Slower than 57% of Finland" ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLaZeDRas View Post

You are right the UK infrastructure is one of the worse in Europe it sucks.

I have on of the best connections available its suposed to be 50Mb although it rarely is, and the uploads speeds suck has well

Last edited by Bikni; 2011-03-09 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10Mb (megabits) Download which is 1.2MB (megabytes)
    Upload speed is capped by my ISP and it is around 50Kbps

Its all good gets the job done perfectly! Always under 50MS

Last edited by Mister K; 2012-09-05 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like VM have turned my 50meg back to 20meg... oh well free upgrades cant last forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems everyone has bad or mediocre upload speed. =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

I can't post links yet but my speed test came back with:

Download
    1.61Mb/s

Upload
    0.65Mb/s

Ping
    36ms

Slower than 68% of Great Britain.

Bet you're all pretty jealous of my connection

49.26 down / 6.55 up with Comcast Business Internet 50 Mbps package ($190 / month).
    They have a 100 Mbps package available, but I can't think of who I'd download from (steam?)(apple movie previes?) that would make it worthwhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awww dont tell me that, I am upgrading to the 50MB line next week...

Was on 20MB, then they offer 30MB upgrade with no monthly cost (just a 30 quid one off cost), but on the phone they managed to persuaded me to get 50MB for no one off cost just 5 quid extra a month.

I was looking forward to that

When doing the same test on a swedish site I hit 92 mbps up tho.
    Edit : How much are you guys paying for your inet?. I pay about 20 bucks a month for my current one.
    Last edited by Tyrionlol; 2011-03-09 at 01:32 PM.