Deleted

My internet comes with my phone, (BT) and is around £25-33 a month, but that's covered by my work since I've based at home

Downgraded our Internet service because something funky is going on with our ISP, our bill had gone up $5 a month for the past four months. Started at $49.99, was at $69.99 when I called to cancel.

I really wish there were other options in my area... Time Warner admitted that their network has the capability of providing faster speeds for the same amount of money, but they "didn't see a demand for that yet".
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-04 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted

meh only the ping is good (thank god that is what matters mostly)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post

Downgraded our Internet service because something funky is going on with our ISP, our bill had gone up $5 a month for the past four months. Started at $49.99, was at $69.99 when I called to cancel.

I really wish there were other options in my area... Time Warner admitted that their network has the capability of providing faster speeds for the same amount of money, but they "didn't see a demand for that yet".
    Someone I know had same issue (this was Comcast though) and she ended up calling them and they refunded most of it because they haven't provided a written notice of the price change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm paying 272USD for my internet. Note: I'm using WiFi atm, not ethernet

The 272USD is not just for the internet. Its a whole package for cable tv/landline bills/a few free movies per month/some phone services and other benefits like reduced international calls fees, free anti-virus, 8 hours of free hotspot, etc

If I'm not mistaken, using WiFi rather than ethernet slows down the test. I am paying for 100mbps down and 20mbps up
    The best possible for retail customers here is 300mbps down/30up.
    There are companies/businesses/universities with over 2000mbps down

Here is if I tried a SpeedTest on WiFi for a server across the world
    Last edited by Ripox; 2013-01-04 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Someone I know had same issue (this was Comcast though) and she ended up calling them and they refunded most of it because they haven't provided a written notice of the price change.
    Yeah. I was so frustrated with them when I called to cancel downgrade I didn't even try to haggle. The plan we had before ("Turbo") is only 5mbps faster than what he have now ("Standard") that I may not even bother. We're planning on moving to another town when our lease is up, hopefully someone other than Time Warner is available there.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-01-04 at 11:47 PM.

Not too bad, about 50 e per month (TV/Internet/Phone)

Hmm my internet provider (Ziggo) has a speedtest on their website.

Shows 69.7 download / 5.7 upload and 17 ping there.

Not sure where that server is, though.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-01-05 at 12:39 AM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account

comcast 50/10

not too bad i guess

Deleted
    This is what I'm currently on:

I was hoping the awesome of South Korea internet would cancel out some of the horribleness of army internet. Sadly not... If only i lived off post and could get access to the good stuff.

Pretty good I guess!

Good bless my country, this is what i get for 48$ a month

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Good bless my country, this is what i get for 48$ a month
    Might have something to do with your server being 500miles away.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account

I live on the countryside and it must be almost two years ago that people around here started talking about getting fibre. After a year and a half of planning and an investment of something like $2600 per household, digging finally began but due to winter and ground frost, the workers had to pause mid-way. This was planned, so it's not a delay. When the ground is no longer frozen, the workers will start digging again. After that, the workers have to feed the cables through the pipes or whatever they're actually called. Then there's installation, testing, fixing errors, etc, etc. So I hope to have 100 Mbit by late March - early April aaand I'm very impatient, after having waited for this long.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Not bad for USA, it's even a bit slower than usual (usually closer to 45/5). Must be saturday traffic.

Guarantee is for 30/3 at $44.99/mo USD.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2013-01-05 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted

The test was done in my laptop (using WiFi) and the other PC on WoW (but i dont think the values would change too much). Its funny, because here in Spain, Telefonica still has some places with an infrastructure that is dated from the Civil War and affects many conections and they started last year promoting their 100Mbps/10Mbps conections :/ But still, for a 10Mbps/768Kbps conection, the data is "ok", sadly, its a bit expensive compared to other countries