Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
Maybe you should tell that to the military guy who said he spends his whole day at work playing WoW and Rift. The comment you are responding to is not a generalized response to all military, but the one guy who said that all he does is play video games while being in the military. Now, you claim it's hard work and he claims it's nothing but video games. Sounds like you two need to sort it out, not go off on people who are responding to his claims.

In fact, I would like to see you break down his description of his day in military with yours. Maybe we can see where he is mistaken or plain lying. That might help people see how much work you guys do and that the goof off who posted this is an anomaly.
I would doubt his day is like that. I really do. In fact i doubt he is in the military, or is on active status when he does that.

1) government networks are restricted - you cannot play a game on them - it gets blocked (unless you do some sneaky stuff, which is very bad)
2) you cannot install games on government computers - (unless you do some sneaky stuff, which is very bad) - gov computers get scanned for non approved programs
3) you will not find civilian internet in most gov buildings. There is some out there due to civilians needed access and such, but its not common.

If he is doing that then he and his NCOs, SNCOs and officers are all screwing up big time. Despite what people think there is always something to do. Folks should not just be sitting around doing nothing. If his NCOs have even slightly earned their stripes, then they need to be reporting his ass and giving him paperwork and walking papers.

However i doubt this guy is military, if he is, its embarrassing for us.