Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Engineering - updated Jeeves?

I would personally love that. Give him some extra features if needed.
    New Cataclysm mats required. Because honestly, going back for all those silly mats that he requires is just plain annoying and costs a bunch if bought from the Auction House. If there is ever 2x King's Amber on it...

Anyways, my hunter is a freshly leveled engineer so I have to go back to grind the pattern first, then grind the mats in Outlands, vanilla and Northrend.
    We haven't had an update on normal repair bots either

Perhaps a guild achievement could be linked to it: *create x engineering items or x repair bots etc* , gives you some sort of updated Jeeves guild version which allows access to the guild bank and acts as a guild vendor as well. With updated reagents, food etc.

An updated model, name and size would be nice as well.

While I wouldn't necessarily argue with an updated Jeeves, I don't find it terribly necessary. It still provides a place to vendor, repair and access your bank which is 99.9% of what I use it for these days since I no longer require Devout Candles to buff. If anything, just update the reagents and items for sale, but I probably wouldn't notice if they did.

It is a Wrath item, yes, so it requires Wrath mats. Despite that, you had to go back to BRD and Outlands for other materials from previous expansions. I'd venture to say that if they update it to Cata, you'd still have to go back to Vanilla, Outlands and Wrath content to gather everything you need. And I'm fine with that. Its a cool piece of profession and there's no reason it should be made too be too easy to obtain. Its not like it takes very long to go get those mats anyway IMHO.

Jeeves is one of a few things that keep older content relevant. I like that, it adds depth to the game (and gold to my bank alt). You don't -have- to make it, so if it bugs you, go without.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon View Post
    Jeeves is one of a few things that keep older content relevant. I like that, it adds depth to the game (and gold to my bank alt). You don't -have- to make it, so if it bugs you, go without.
    QFT Makes the gear treadmill (I know Jeeves isn't really gear, but you still earn it) less of a treadmill and more of an accomplishment that doesn't come with a year and a half long duration timer. WoW needs a lot more of this IMO. I believe lack of continuity of the entire WoW experience, from level 1 to 85 and beyond, the irrevelance of everything you completed in the last expansion, is one of the reasons you see so many very long-time players announcing with gusto and frustration that they're quitting.

Leading up to Cata there was a bunch of very interesting things posted about Engineering.
    "Sir Jeeves" and "Jeeves the Merciless" were among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Sir Jeeves
    Use: Requests the presence of Sir Jeeves, the perfect gentleman robot lord, who will attend to your needs and provide sovereignship services for 10 min.
    Sir Jeeves can grant bank access to very skilled engineers and perform mundane tasks such as buying, selling, and repairing for anyone, as well as grant access to sovereignty services in the vicinity. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Collapsible Anvil
    Use: Sets up a collapsible anvil that can be placed on any level terrain, allowing blacksmiths to craft items requiring an anvil for 10 min.
    If a collapsible anvil is deployed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled blacksmith is able to provide repair services to other players. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Jeanie Bottle
    Use: Places a Jeanie Bottle on the ground that summons forth a mystical Jeanie that will grant wishes and tell fortunes to player for 10 min.
    If Jeanie Bottle is placed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled alchemist is able to access the auction house.(1 Hour Cooldown)

Cityscape Tapestry
    Use: Places a Cityscape Tapestry on display for onlookers to marvel at.
    If Cityscape Tapestry is placed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled scribe is able to create a portal to a city of their choice that party and raid members can use. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Collapsible Tent
    Use: Places a Collapsible tent at target location, providing a safe zone within which nearby hopstile creatures are less likely to attack, and provides the Rested benefit.
    If Collapsible Tent is deployed in a sovereignty or city zone by a very skilled tailor, it will attract wandering merchants that sell all manner of goods. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Soul Jewelry
    Use: Activate Sir Jeeve's Backup power supply to empower this jewelry, applying a beneficial effect to all party and raid members that persists through death for 1 hour. (Mark/Kings, Might, and Fort versions available)
    Last edited by Pojodan; 2011-03-11 at 04:55 PM. Reason: SCRIIIIIIIIIIIBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    Sir Jeeves
    Use: Requests the presence of Sir Jeeves, the perfect gentleman robot lord, who will attend to your needs and provide sovereignship services for 10 min.
    Sir Jeeves can grant bank access to very skilled engineers and perform mundane tasks such as buying, selling, and repairing for anyone, as well as grant access to sovereignty services in the vicinity. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Collapsible Anvil
    Use: Sets up a collapsible anvil that can be placed on any level terrain, allowing blacksmiths to craft items requiring an anvil for 10 min.
    If a collapsible anvil is deployed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled blacksmith is able to provide repair services to other players. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Jeanie Bottle
    Use: Places a Jeanie Bottle on the ground that summons forth a mystical Jeanie that will grant wishes and tell fortunes to player for 10 min.
    If Jeanie Bottle is placed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled alchemist is able to access the auction house.(1 Hour Cooldown)

Cityscape Tapestry
    If Cityscape Tapestry is placed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled inscriptionist is able to create a portal to a city of their choice that party and raid members can use. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Collapsible Tent
    Use: Places a Collapsible tent at target location, providing a safe zone within which nearby hopstile creatures are less likely to attack, and provides the Rested benefit.
    If Collapsible Tent is deployed in a sovereignty or city zone by a very skilled tailor, it will attract wandering merchants that sell all manner of goods. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Soul Jewelry
    Use: Activate Sir Jeeve's Backup power supply to empower this jewelry, applying a beneficial effect to all party and raid members that persists through death for 1 hour. (Mark/Kings, Might, and Fort versions available)
    ...and where the hell did this come from? Also, the only viable ideas are the Soul Jewelry and Portable Anvil (should be engi made, but usable by anyone with perhaps a forging component as the engi bonus) everything else makes little sense, and would add profession utilities that aren't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauroch View Post
    ...and where the hell did this come from?
    They came from my brain, which is either awesome and really pathetic, I'm not sure which.

Sir Jeeves

Collapsible Anvil

Jeanie Bottle

Cityscape Tapestry
    If Cityscape Tapestry is placed in a sovereignty or city zone, a very skilled inscriptionist is able to create a portal to a city of their choice that party and raid members can use. (1 Hour Cooldown)

Collapsible Tent

Soul Jewelry
    I like them, a lot. It would be cool to be able to deploy a tent while your out leveling. Be so nice not needing to hearth back to a town/city when you want to log off. The collapsible anvil is something I've been wanting for ever. If we get that, all we need next is our own portable forge. We can mine, smelt, and build at the same time!

i would like new destinations for my wormhole generator.

Quote Originally Posted by wowplayer View Post
    i would like new destinations for my wormhole generator.
    On the rare occasion I go to Dalaran it is useful.

Deleted
    Sir Jeeves

Collapsible Anvil

Jeanie Bottle

Cityscape Tapestry

Collapsible Tent

Soul Jewelry
    Yes, make engineering even more useless and trite

I don't think that engineering is useless. It's quite remarkable without all the little tinkers backfiring.

As for what Pojodan suggested they aren't bad. I like them, engineering was never about bringing all the useful stuff to raiding, you had a lot of little toys to play with and that's fun. A new jeeves would be nice to have considering we came into Cata with almost nothing new as far as tinker toys go.

Deleted
    Sovereignty services, did you make that up yourself?

None of those suggestions are useless.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

Pojodan, I think your ideas are both creative and fun - would be nice additions with fresh spins on them

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    inscriptionist
    SCRIIIIIIIIIIIBE!

/cough

Carry on. I do like the ideas, but it's putting a lot on engineering that I don't think Blizz would go for. Perhaps if they were spread out across the other professions a bit. The tapestry for instance could be tailoring made, soul jewelry by JC, and so on. Neat idea though.

I really much rather an updated wormhole generator, or something that lets engineers update their own choppers to go faster or perhaps fly (mounted rockets on the side or something).

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Sir Jeeves

Collapsible Anvil

Jeanie Bottle

Cityscape Tapestry

Collapsible Tent

Soul Jewelry
    Good ideas all, wish blizz would listen to folks a bit about this sort of thing.

FAR from trite, whoever said that is a jerk and needs a kick in the tits.

They came from my brain, which is either awesome and really pathetic, I'm not sure which.
    Minus the Sir Jeeves of course.