"Heading South" achivement

Anyhow i was doing the "Heading South" achivement today and me and my group did it with no problems but 1 thing that we didn't understand is that only 2 players in the group got the achivement. I was 1 of the 3 that didn't get it, this made me sad ofcourse has this happened to anyone else? 1 thing we thought of is that maybe ya had to hug those ads to get the debuff.
    Help please

Of course you had to hug. You have to be near the adds when they die in order to get the debuff.

Just do it again but next time, hug.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Learn from the best! FIGHT THE POWER!

Have to be right on the adds when they die.
    Also, no using anything like AMS/Iceblock/Bubble or the debuffs go away and you fail.

Its a Per-person achievement afaik.
    Every1 must have the debuff to get achievement
    Like "Intense Cold" in Nexus

Thanks for fast answers.

Deleted
    It's an individual achievement just like the one in VP on the last boss. Can't remember the name btu the one where you have to avoid Static Cling.

And late with my answer I see....oh well

Deleted
    lol same happened to me, but at least I know that I screwed it up myself Pally healer bubbled and I was just too far away, when we killed the first add. Hug and all should be fine - GL

thats why it was so easy, only 2 people had debuff...

Just a note, the debuff lasts only 30s. So make sure the adds are all low on hp, so that when you dps them down, it is easier.

My group did it when we had really low gear. Since we doubted our DPS we agreed to just DPS him down until he has at low health (yeah through the shield) and got it this way. It's a lot easier to do phase 2 since he would die immediately almost.

Remember to kill the last Servant first and kill the minions on the outside part of the platform.

Deleted
    There are various ways to do it but ofcourse, hugging up and getting 3 stacks of the debuff is crucial!

I remember just like you did it with some guys and they got the achi but I didn't. Was like WTF OMFG but then later on recently grinded HC's with a mage friend (i'm mage too) and we hit around 7+ achievements over night and got Headed South after a few wipes with a group formed

not sure if serious

Deleted
    If you go for the low health option (burn him through the shield), get him to around 10-15% then kill the 3rd add that spawned (Ensure all adds are low hp - about 30%).

He will pop into phase 2 after the 3rd add dies and since hes already low on hp you only need to worry about getting healed to full and stacking on the next mob ready to kill it, rinse and repeat until you have 3 stacks and then finish the boss off. 2 healers makes this trivial